Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Real Food Diet
    #4030789 - 04/08/05 02:31 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Changing your diet can be overwhelming and these tips are designed to make it easier. The two most important things to change in your diet, and easiest.. is white sugar and white flour. Use whole wheat flour instead of white flour. Use honey or molasses instead of white sugar. Another important step is to read labels for harmful or unnecessary additives. Look for things like BHT, BHA, MSG-monosodium glutamate, artificial colorings and flavorings, nitrates, salt, sugar or things ending in "ose" like dextrose, and other artificial preservatives.

Unless you are very ill and have no choice, make gradual changes that you can live with, not overnight radical changes. Try to add fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains and cereals instead of "instant" foods. Go back to eating "Real Food"

Real Food Diet

Beverages
    Foods allowed
  • All herb teas (comfrey, peppermint, alfalfa, catnip, etc)
  • Fresh or frozen juices without sugar, (apple, pineapple, grape, etc)
  • Fresh vegetable juices (carrot, green drinks, etc)
  • Carob drinks
  • Chlorophyll drinks
  • Vegetable broth
    * - Carob can be substituted for chocolate. It doesn't taste like chocolate, it has it's own delicious taste.

Foods to avoid
  • Alcohol
  • Cocoa
  • Coffee
  • Carbonated Beverages
  • Canned and pasteurized juices
  • Artificial drinks
  • Sugared juices or drinks

Dairy Products
    Foods Allowed
  • Raw milk, goat milk
  • Buttermilk
  • Nonfat cheese and white cheese
  • Homemade ice cream with honey
  • Lowfat cottage cheese
  • Lowfat yogurt with no sugar. (w/ Fresh fruit)
    * - Goat milk is naturally homogenized and easily assimilated. Raw cow's milk contains enzymes to help the milk be digested, these enzymes are destroyed by pasteurization. It is also less mucus forming.

Foods to Avoid
  • Pasteurized milk
  • All processed and imitation butter
  • Ice cream and toppings
  • All orange and colored, pasteurized cheeses

Protein
    Foods allowed
  • Eggs - poached, scrambled, or in omelot. Do not fry.
  • Fish - fresh white-flesh, salmon, rainbow trout, or fish with fins. Broiled or baked.
  • Meats - Skinned chicken and turkey. Eat sparingly. Meats are harder to digest and use more body energy to be digested.
  • Nuts and seeds - all raw and fresh, especially almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, etc.

Foods to Avoid
  • Fried eggs
  • Fish - breaded or fried, especially deep fried fish, and shellfish.
  • Meats - Pork, beef, sausage, cold cuts, all prepared meats.
  • Nuts - Roasted and salted. Peanuts are high in acid.

Carbohydrates
    Foods allowed
  • Grains - whole grain cereals, breads, muffins, pie crusts, etc. (oats, wheat, bran, buckwheat, millet, brown rice, rye, barley, etc) Seeds (sesame, pumpkin, flaxseed, etc) Noodles and macaroni made from whole wheat, spinach, etc.
  • Vegetables - All vegetables. Be daring, try some new ones. Raw vegetables are the best. Use fresh or frozen vegetable and when you cook them steam or bake them.
  • Fruit - All fruit. Fresh, frozen, stewed, dried, unsulfured. Eat sparingly of citrus fruits, except lemons.

Food to avoid
  • Grains - White flour products, hulled grains and seeds, white rice, prepared mixes and foods, cold cereals, cooked seeds. All refines or processed grains. Noodles and macaroni from white flour products.
  • Vegetables - All commercial canned vegetables, fried and deep fried vegetables, potato and corn chips, etc.
  • Fruit - Candied, sugared, or sulphured fruit.

Fats
    Foods Allowed
  • Oils - cold processed oils, margarine (if safflower or corn oil) olive oil

Foods to avoid
  • Oils - Saturated oils and fats, (hydrogenated oils), and high fat foods.

Other
    Foods allowed
  • Soups - All homemade, vegetable, sproute lentils, sprouted beans, barley, brown rice, millet, chicken broth.
  • Sprouts - All kinds, including alfalfa, wheat, lentil, mung, radish, cabbage, bean, etc.
    * sprouts are the highest form of nutrition. It has been found that the time in a plant's life when it starts to sprout is the time when it contains as much as 10 times the concentration of vitamin and minerals.
  • Sweets - Raw honey, unsulfured molasses, carob, pure maple syrup, pineapple juice, apple juice, sorghum, barley, sweetener, fructose, carrots
  • Seasonings - herbs, garlic, onion, chives, parsley, majoram, capsicum, kelp, mineral or sea salt, vegetable seasoning or broth.

Food to avoid
  • Soups - Canned and creamed soups, commercial bouillon, fat stocks
  • Sweets - Refined sugars (white or brown), chocolate, candy, syrups, dextrose, sucrose, etc.
  • Seasonings - black pepper, mustard, processed salt, MSG-monosodium glutamate, food enhancers or colors, etc.

Recommended reading:
1: The How To Herb Book - Velma Keith and Monteen Gordon
2: Back to Eden - Jethro Kloss
3: Your Natural Diet: Alive Raw Foods -- by T. C. Fry, David Klein

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePeyoteZen
Save The Republic
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Again!
Re: Real Food Diet [Re: Shroomism]
    #4031951 - 04/08/05 07:54 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thats a pretty strict list.
I wouldn't reccomend going THAT far. At least not initially.

Most of all, just use common sense.
The closer it is to the earth, the better.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Real Food Diet [Re: PeyoteZen]
    #4032101 - 04/08/05 08:33 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Of course, no one has to follow it exactly. Like I said initally.. change gradually.. and if you absolutely can't do without something.. then well.. oh well. It's just a guideline for healthy eating.

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #4032127 - 04/08/05 08:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Does seltzer count as a carbonated beverage? :frown:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Real Food Diet [Re: Boom]
    #4032208 - 04/08/05 09:12 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I doubt it will kill you :wink:

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4032306 - 04/08/05 09:44 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

great post :thumbup:

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Real Food Diet [Re: barfightlard]
    #4032345 - 04/08/05 09:59 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i really think part of the reason everyone these days is so god damn fat and in poor shape is food additives or refined or modified this or that. msg. all kinds of shit in your food you can't pronounce. icing sugar in peanut butter?! WTF.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: Real Food Diet [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #4033208 - 04/09/05 04:23 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Change gradually is the best advice.

The merits of a few of these changes seem disputable. For example, pastuerazation is a good thing. Not getting sick from food is good. Also, coffee, and alcohol are natural. Why leave them out of your diet? Wine is good for you, and is part of a healthy Mediterranian diet.

Most of your changes are right on. The only thing I would add is even when you aren't making choices for healthier food, you can still eat better food. If you want ice cream, get the good stuff from a local dairy that just has cream and eggs in it, rather then some nestle product made from high fructose corn syrup and dehydrated milk particle solids. If you want chocolate, eat good chocolate and not hersheys crap. To me, it's about eating more food thats made in a kitchen from ingredients, and less food thats made in a lab from reagents. If you see commercials for a food product on TV, then avoid that product.

I'm about halfway there in terms of changing my diet. I eat the good food, but still eat a lot of bad stuff. Now, it's just the good bad stuff. I'd add Doctor Andrew Weils writing to the list. He offers a lot of good advice on gradually changing to a healthier lifestyle, and is pretty good at incorporating good eastern traditions without falling for too much bullshit. I personally believe his Bullshit meter might be set a tiny bit to low, but he cuts out a lot of the crap from nonwestern medicine. His approach to eating is a lot better then most.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being