Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
Re: Gay US Soldier wants to Serve - Openly [Re: snoopaloop53]
    #4032707 - 04/08/05 10:11 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Unless the soldiers have some underlying homosexuality themselves they shouldn't be threatened by their fellow soldiers being gay. It's not like sexuality is a huge part of the military, it's pretty much all business and no bullshit.

Give them seperate showers if they're that fucking concerned :rolleyes:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Gay US Soldier wants to Serve - Openly [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4032750 - 04/08/05 10:29 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Unless they're a sexual predator and would harm a fellow soldier, let them fucking serve.

You'd think by now the US would be dying (no pun, and yes I know, that's bad) for anyone to sign up.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Gay US Soldier wants to Serve - Openly [Re: snoopaloop53]
    #4033402 - 04/09/05 04:31 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

"We've got suicide bombers!"
"Oh yeah? Well WE have got gays in the military!" :evil:

People, please.

Quote:

to destroy the enemy effictively and that is the job of our military.

Hmm.. sounds refreshingly different then the police actions, the humanitarian missions and democratizations the top brass is talking about.

If the average soldier and his sarge cannot be comfortable around slightly different people among their own ranks, then they shouldn't be sent abroad to radically different cultures.

<rant>

If the US has an "enemy" the bombs come whooshing down by the thousand. The US never had a true "enemy" since the Japanese, and they used two atomic bombs on them when they were already on their knees.

The US has done nothing but poke its nose into foreign affairs ever since. No country frontally attacked the USA since World War Two.
Did the Viet Cong send snipers to Washington? Did Saddam Hussein smuggle & deploy WMD onto US soil? America would pee its pants if it were truely attacked by a national army. They would NUKE the shit out of the country that did.

America is nontolerant to diversity, as seen in history, as seen today and as seen on-topic in their rejection of gays in the military even if it means laying off 75.000 people at the cost of $1.600.000.000 because they differ slightly genetically and culturally from the majority. In armies where gays were allowed into the armed forces the people adapt. But I guess adapting to differences and celebrating diversity is un-american, why should you when you can genocide the red man, exploit the black man and defoliate and nuke the yellow man?

Want to know why America is the "world leader"?
Because your government is the foam-at-the-mouth madman with the guns at the restaurant that is the World Community.

</rant>

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflinemaldororDX
*guggles*

Loc: Denver
Re: Gay US Soldier wants to Serve - Openly [Re: Asante]
    #4033608 - 04/09/05 08:09 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

I honestly don't see an issue any which way. If gays are allowed to be openly gay, which doesn't involve hitting on other soldiers (which, you have to figure, it would every once in a while; gays can be as perverse as straights in this aspect I'm sure), what does "openly gay" mean exacly? Are they going to all suddenly embody the gay steriotype? Are they just going to make risque one-liners like the gays guys on Will & Grace? Or are they all just going to start lisping simeltaneously? By making such an issue of the military not permitting "open gayness," they're basically going against their own line that gays are just people who happen to be attracted to the same sex, which is the way it should be thought of as far as I'm concerned. If open gayness just entails the gays admitting their sexuality, why the hell should it matter? They're all there to blow the fuck out of a nation of little brown people anyway. It's a natural human reaction for alot of people to be uncomfortable around an openly gay man, and it's something that everyone should work against, but I can see how it would be distracting in the situations that soldiers tend to find themselves in, what with fighting for their lives and such. They make enough mistakes over there already.

The whole argument is just very ambiguous, but my basic point is, it shouldn't particularly matter either which way at this point. Obviously eventually society will became accepting enough of homosexuality to get rid of don't ask don't tell, (and realistically this will probably happen in the next 10-20 years), but we're in the middle of a war right now, you know?

--------------------
At his house in R'lyeh dead Cthulhu lies in bed with yr. mom.

Invisiblefearfect
Re: Gay US Soldier wants to Serve - Openly [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4033957 - 04/09/05 10:50 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

those gay people are destroying the fabric of our society. I say we ship em off to an island where they won't be sodomizing in god's holy land of america.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Gay US Soldier wants to Serve - Openly [Re: fearfect]
    #4034061 - 04/09/05 11:38 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

I can't believe this really is even an issue, do you guys honestly think that openly gay people want to have sex with every straight guy around? They're people too, they have the right to serve just as much as anyone else. Let em serve.

Frankly, I don't see why anyone would WANT to serve nowadays, but as American citizens they have the right to serve.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Buckeye
Re: Gay US Soldier wants to Serve - Openly [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4034205 - 04/09/05 12:21 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

yes i was dumb, you are completely right :smile: i learned my lesson. the millitary sucks.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom