Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineguest23
Stranger
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: iambobby]
    #4462437 - 07/27/05 11:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I remember this colloidal silver shit....saw it on TV a few years back.  A bunch of companies were claiming it cures HIV and cancer :rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: guest23]
    #4462651 - 07/28/05 12:28 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Who wants a cure for cancer when there's billions to be made on the unsuspecting victim who has faith in the system? There's a million cures for cancer that are simple and effective. My girlfriend cured her cancer through meditation. Cancerous cells are little fellas that are disconnected from the overall intention of the body. They basically don't know what they are doing. You get cancer if you are living out of sync with the world or you are disconnected from your higher purpose. Its lifes way of bringing you on track.

The 'industry' however gets you to believe in these diseases that are fixed when infact they are nothing more then beacons or guides to bring you back on the path. So fear builds up around these things and guess what fear does? It creates disease. A nice little money making dynamic. Fear is a silly concept to your highest self because its fuel is division and ignorance. In your highest self you are the creator and you are one with the world that you are now creating.

I am now realising the goodness in the industry. Without the medical industry angering all us 'alternative' healers we would not rise up and begin expressing our truths so the medical industry, which I have up until now been against, is also our friend, just like cancer. Its allllll good.

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

#4462680 - 07/28/05 12:32 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Contaminants are also our friends because they are helping us understand the mushroom more. Eventually we will arrive at a full understanding of the reality of the mushroom and contaminants will be a thing of the past. We will realise it is simple and a matter of giving the mushroom what it needs. I believe contaminants only arise to highlight a gap in our methods.

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

InvisiblePinback
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #4464033 - 07/28/05 10:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

This is the Advanced Mycology forum, not Conspiracy Rant forum. I read and post here because I am interested in growing mushrooms, not because I am interested in reading about some paranoid conspiracy theory about drug companies.

Whether colloidal silver (or silver ions) could be of use in mushrooms cultivation is still untested, but anyone can search PubMed for colloidal silver* for medicinal use and read the abstracts. There are less than 50 relevant hits; it won't take long time to read them, but if you're impatient, there is little to no evidence that oral colloidal silver has any beneficial medicinal use.

The industry does not ban substances. Governments do. I am sure that is how it works in Australia too.

* http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query...&cmd=Search

Edit: URL tag problems, probably a bug.

Edited by Pinback (07/28/05 01:44 PM)

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: Pinback]
    #4464635 - 07/28/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Also if one was going to use it, I'd suggest having a machine to make your own or it could get expensive. I'm interested in the results of this experiment.

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4465601 - 07/28/05 05:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Its not a confrontational forum either friend. I realise we have deviated from the pathway of talking purely advanced cultivation however this happens to be the flow of this thread and we must learn to allow things to evolve into what they will become. The use of colloidal silver would be a positive addition to my advanced technique and I am sharing a similar passion for these little silver ions so that a mini community possibly forms around its usage if infact, it is positively charged towards healthy cultivation. It has never been done before and it has probably not been done before because suspicion surrounds this stuff in the common mind, where people who use it are thought of as 'cracks'.

There is little to no evidence being provided through medical media like PubMed yet thousands of so called 'cracks' report it to be miraculous. Perhaps its just a placebo and if it is just a placebo effect where success is attained through colloidal silver then perhaps we are on the fringe of breaking through, realising the healing power of intention alone. Either way, a Medical Industry that has money placed before hearts on its priority chart will not want either of these things to come to light in the public eye. After saying all of this however...

You are correct in pulling me up, because lately I have been thinking about how this paranoia energy is serving me no more and it seems to create unnecessary burdens such as this one. I apologise for wasting your time and I will be more focused in the future.  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
    #4467737 - 07/29/05 02:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well Iambobby, I appreciated your input and I started the thread.

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Loc: Spangladesh
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4469408 - 07/29/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I seem to remember Prisoner#1 starting a post months ago on colloidal silver. I was interested in this idea as well as a possible alternative use in antibacterial agar. I never followed up on it because I'm moving around too much to start a new grow anytime soon. I think Pris was focusing more on the idea of using it in the substrate. I don't remember if there was any resolution from the post but he might be someone to ask. Maybe he reached his own conclusions through experimentation.

--------------------
The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate
-Noam Chomsky

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: Mobius_Strip]
    #5086330 - 12/20/05 03:40 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

24 hours ago 10 drops of 90ppm colloidial silver was applied to live mycelium on wood chips. At this time there is no visible macroscopic change in the specimen.
That's it so far.

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#5104500 - 12/25/05 10:04 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

>>>>Think about this... anything natural is called 'Alternative'

Haha, only if it makes it to a store shelf in it's natural form. But it's the pharm corps that send guys out into the rain forest to find this stuff. They then find a way to synthesize it so they can get a patent. If they can't synthesize it? It's garbage.

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

OfflineBigPete1999
GardenerExtraordinaire
 User Gallery
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: Rahz]
    #5111648 - 12/27/05 03:05 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, now I'm not scientist, but when that webpage for the silver poisoning has a HUGE banner at the top that reads....
"This document explores silver metal toxicity and silver poisoning. Much of the included information was acquired from "oldstyle" Materia Medicas. None of the information included in this document is directly or even closely related to isolated colloidal silver as we know it today."
I'm fairly confident that the are NOT talking about colloidal silver. Next time you guys try to bash something, at least read the first sentence of the article.
Now, on to the experiment. In about 2 weeks, I'm gonna spore out a creeper strain, and I'm gonna keep the spores in colloidal silver and inject the cakes with the silver/spore solution. I'll keep you guys updated on how it works. I'm thinking that if it doesn't kill the spores which I doubt it will, then we may see the end of contamination as we know it. I'll do 2 test subjects. I'll have it being super setrile like normal, and I'll do one being very unsterile to see if it really works. Again, 2 weeks till I try this, and it'll take at least 4-5 days till I see any mycilium growing, to give me any type of idea on whether or not it'll work.

OfflineQavl
Nookian

Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: BigPete1999]
    #5117781 - 12/29/05 02:52 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

http://dermatology.cdlib.org/111/case_reports/argyria/wadhera.html

Basically they don't know the specific doses that cause argyria, but they do know that while silver salts cause argyria more easily, colloidal silver can cause it.

Quite interesting though, the potential application to mycology. I just wonder if mycelium exposed to colloidal silver will have colloidal silver in the fruitbodies, or if they mycelium won't absorb it.

--------------------
Birds of a feather...

OfflineBigPete1999
GardenerExtraordinaire
 User Gallery
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: Qavl]
    #5118275 - 12/29/05 09:09 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I'm thinking it wouldn't matter if it had any silver or not in the bodies. Think about this logically for a second...... colloidal silver is what, 50-60ppm? We're talking each cake will have so little actual silver in it that if you condensed it, it wouldn't even look like a single piece of finely ground powder sugar. my parents make gallons of this stuff at a time, and after oh I'd say 200 gallons of the stuff being made, the silver plate/rod type thing they use to make it still looks brand new as if it hasn't been used for anything, let alone to have silver taken off of it. this gives you an idea at how little silver there really is... The big thing to remember about the amount of silver you are ingesting is that if you ever eat at anyones house, grandparents, parents, anyone with actual silver wear, you will eat more silver from your teeth scratching the silver wear than from colloidal silver, and that doesn't hurt you, so to even think that colloidal silver will hurt you is preposterous.

Now to answer your question. Yes, I'm sure that SOME of the silver will be in the mycelium, and possibly some in the body, but it will be so small of an amount, that it isn't even worth mentioning. The only way I can see silver being in the body and worth mentioning is if you use colloidal silver as your water source and fuel for the humidifier. If you use normal water or whatever kind of water you want, then it isn't even worth thinking about how much silver is in the cake let alone the fruit bodies.
hope this helped and you don't think I'm a crazy bastard for rambling on. I just am lucky to witness my parents making this stuff first hand. (no, they don't know I do the shrooms, but fuck 'em, I don't live with them either)

Offlinegoofy98
Heart of ahustler wrist ofa chemist
 User Gallery

Loc: next door
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: BigPete1999]
    #5123569 - 12/30/05 04:48 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

ok first off Iambobby stop jacking threads and spreading your retarded logic. I am a scientist (Biochemist actually) and have been working with cancer for years. Meditation didn't cure your friends cancer thats like saying god cured it or the pope by blesising her body. And if you think we are not trying to cure cancer , you raving lunatic, your wrong we are looking into every possibility natural or synthetic as an industry. We have also come along ways in just a few short decades compared to the absolute stagnant alternative healers methods. The 3 and 5 year survival rates of people with cancer who use "drugs" vs people who use alternative healing speaks for itself.

anyways.

The collidal siver will definalty not concentrate in the fruitbodies anymore then it would in the vegatables you eat daily. There is really no danger from ingesting the "silver mushrooms". All plants have a trace amount of silver and various other chemicals like these;

Bromide, Fluoride, Silicon, Calcium, Nitrogen, Selenium, Phosphorus, Iodine, Chromium, Iron, Manganese, Titanium, Rubidium, Cobalt, Copper, Antimony, Molybdenum, Strontium, Zinc, Nickel, Tungsten, Scandium, Tin, Lanthanum, Yttrium, Barium, Gallium, Zirconium, Vanadium, Beryllium, Carbonate, Tellurium, Bismuth, Hafnium, Terbium, Europium, Samarium, Cerium, Cesium, Gold, Dysprosium, Holmium, Lutetium, Thulium, Erbium, Ytterbium, Neodymium, Praseodymium, Niobium, Tantalum, Thorium, Thallium, Rhenium

There is probly more silver in the poo we use than the collidal silver, since the grasses the livestock eat do absorb the trace metals from the enviroment.

It's probably gonna have no effect on the mushrooms at all but that is just my hypothsis please continue the experiment and let us know.

P.S. Iamboby is a moron

InvisibleWormholeSurfer
Stranger
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: goofy98]
    #5124402 - 12/30/05 09:28 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

if you want to make mushrooms evolve more quickly, there's two things you can do, provided you have tons and tons of cakes to sacrifice in the pursuit of science

1) find a mutagenic source
2) select an adverse substance you want to strengthen shrooms against

Subject your cakes to the mutagenic source, to increase DNA changes.

Once they start to fruit, subject all your cakes to high concentrations of adverse substance.

Look for survivors, pick, print/clone, reproduce, repeat a couple of times until your shroom strain becomes fruitful from a multispore print inoculation, in the presence of a high concentration of said adverse substance.

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: WormholeSurfer]
    #5126241 - 12/31/05 02:15 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

<<We have also come along ways in just a few short decades compared to the absolute stagnant alternative healers methods.>>

Hey Goofy ~ That's not actually true at all. Cancer Treatment Centers of America use a lot of what you term "alternative" methods and have a really good success rate. So do a lot of other reputable and successful institutions.

<<The 3 and 5 year survival rates of people with cancer who use "drugs" vs people who use alternative healing speaks for itself.>>

That's actually totally false. It does not speak for itself at all because those stats don't match either "drug" or "alternative" numbers. (?)
That all sounds like "industry" sales hype but I don't think the actual caregiver side (on either side or in the middle) would be comfy backing those two statements.

<<ok first off Iambobby stop jacking threads >>

U2 Dude! This thread is about colloidial silver and mushroom growth - not hyping the cancer - as you term it - "industry" or intentionally spreading bad misinformation that you can't back just because it's your personal grind.

No hate ~ it's just that for a "scientist" both of those statements were really not kosh at all....

<<I am a scientist (Biochemist actually>>
Can you back that up on the real? For who? Is your company where you get those funky numbers?
Also - Direct Care Physicians apply the alleged "cures" and would be in the best position to evaluate them I'd think....on the real.  :blush:

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: curenado]
    #5126333 - 12/31/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

interesting subject, let's keep on it shroomerites :thumbup:

remember to be polite and respectful, and post links where they will help to illustrate your point.

--------------------
buh

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: goofy98]
    #5126639 - 12/31/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

goofy98 said:
There is really no danger from ingesting the "silver mushrooms". All plants have a trace amount of silver and various other chemicals

would you eat mushrooms grown on the sludge from a sewage treatment plant?
I'd be hesitant to use anything in my substrate that I feel would pose a
potential problem, I'd also advise others against it, people picking edible
and medicinal mushrooms are advised and advise others not to pick near
road sides and dumps since mushrooms generaly take up toxins that leach into
the soil

Quote:

There is probly more silver in the poo we use than the collidal silver, since the grasses the livestock eat do absorb the trace metals from the enviroment.

the trace elements are present true, but the problem comes when you're adding
more of these elements in much higher concentrations, testing done on solutions
containing colliodal silver has shown that even with the same brand the silver
content can vary greatly, anywhere from 15% to 125% of whats listed on the
labels, that makes using the product a bit riskier

products like nasal sprays that contained silver salts were pulled from the
market around the 1940's, as antibiotics started coming into use, as they were
removes incidents of silver poisoning and argyria have declined, with the
recent introduction of these new solutions it has started to rise again
personaly, I dont wish to be called papa smurf all my life

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5126693 - 12/31/05 04:28 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

very good work, prissy  :laugh: have a start for your star chart

--------------------
buh

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: shirley knott]
    #5126917 - 12/31/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I hag an ex with a blue father, he bought into a bunch of quackery

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom