Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Scales, Spirulina

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth.
    #4027648 - 04/07/05 07:36 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Colloidal silver appears to be a powerful, natural antibiotic and preventative against infections. Acting as a catalyst, it reportedly disables the enzyme that one-celled bacteria, viruses and fungi need for their oxygen metabolism. They suffocate without corresponding harm occurring to human enzymes or parts of the human body chemistry. The result is the destruction of disease-causing organisms in the body and in the food.
~source

Now I know it says it kills fungi too, but this isn't necessarily all fungi or bacteria, otherwise it would also kill the good bacteria in the body.(or maybe it does!) I'm curious if a colloidal silver solution would work synergistically with our favorite fungi, by killing off other bacteria and fungi, and possibly saving us contamination problems. It may however also kill our little friends, so I think this will be new experimentation territory. I think I may test it out on a few brown rice jars, and see what happens, and then report back my findings.

If anyone has any info to add to this, or any advice to aid me in my experiment, please post and add to the knowledge base of this thread.

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4028079 - 04/07/05 09:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

awesome idea! i love the idea of hooking our little mushroom friends up with some sweet supplements.. i really enjoy feedin the myc in agar spirulina and nutritional yeast.. i tried dried kelp too, seemed to love it.. im trying an experiment right now with grain cooked with kombu.. cooking grains with seaweed add trace minerals and seem to do really good things for you.. i figured since the myc liked kelp maybe this would work well too..

!!please report your findings on collodial silver!!
collodial silver is amazing! it has definetly saved a life or two in its time.. i have a story where a lil pup i was taking care of had all kinds of worms and parasites.. we were traveling in mexico, she was a carribean dog, and when we finally got to a friends house in guadalajara the pup was not doing well at all.. she moaned and moaned all night long.. we fed her some dropperfulls of collodial silver and in less then 2 days she was a brand new pup! it was truly amazing...

questions about your collodial silver setup.. are you producing it? do you drink it yourself often? what kind of methods are you using to prepare it, thanks!

--------------------
"listening for the secret.. searching for the sound.."

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: mattymonkey]
    #4031797 - 04/08/05 06:59 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well I haven't been growing the sacred mushroom for quite some time, but I'm just now planning out a brand new setup, I want something really advanced. So I'll begin my experiments then. :cheers:

I have access to the colloidal silver from someone I know who produces it. It costs pennies per quart, so I have a cheap supply of it to play with.

I am really interested in this amazing fungi, and I would love to help find new ways to improve its efficiency, potency, and overall find ways of aiding in it's continual evolution. :mushroom2:

Adding supplements or substances to help it grow or eliminate competing bacteria and fungi, will provide us with short term improvements in their growth, which is handy right now. The only possible draw backs I see are developing a weaker strain of the mushroom by giving it everything it needs. That's why someday I'd like to have a large setup where I introduce competing bacteria and fungus on purpose slowly, in a controlled setting, starting with weaker ones and generation after generation of taking the strongest strains, gradually introducing them to stronger and stronger competitors, to make a super strain.

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

Edited by JaguarWarrior101 (04/08/05 07:07 PM)

Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4031833 - 04/08/05 07:13 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

interesting ideas.. good luck shaman :smile:

--------------------
"listening for the secret.. searching for the sound.."

OfflineRetired
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. *DELETED* [Re: mattymonkey]
    #4031848 - 04/08/05 07:19 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Retired

Reason for deletion: Updated

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: Retired]
    #4032436 - 04/08/05 10:33 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tradenmar said:
the world as we know it will be taken over by super mushrooms. use caution or were all DOOMED!!

I could think of worse fates for humankind. Cheers! :wink:

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4034183 - 04/09/05 02:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

before considering it, check here and do a little more searching...

http://www.silvermedicine.org/safety2.html

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4037929 - 04/10/05 07:12 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
before considering it, check here and do a little more searching...

http://www.silvermedicine.org/safety2.html

Ok thanks, but what about it?

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4083214 - 04/22/05 12:27 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Ck out the link :wink:

Quote:

Data Derived from Materia Medicas

* Silver Metal Poising Toxicity Symptomology

Anti Psoric and possibly anti-sycotic
          o Direct effect on cartilages
          o Direct effect on nerves and nerve sheaths
          o Effects the brain/nervous system over time
                + gradually softens tissues
                + targets "intellectual" sections of the brain
                + Slight changes to voluntary systems ( undefined )
                + May affect reasoning abilities
                      # Physical symptoms of neck and back pain, and tearing pain throughout body
                      # Mental fatigue and restlessness with vertigo
                + Symptoms masked by coffee/caffeine intake
                + Symptoms temporarily relieved by exercise
                + Cold weather increases pain from Rheumatism
                + Increased joint pain
                + knotting of cartilage
          o Effects left testes and right ovaries ( hardening )
          o Mental and emotional excitement to the point of rage
          o Experience of shock sensations in the limbs upon going to sleep
          o Skin irritation, itching sensation that cannot be relieved
          o Painful tension in the throat
          o Gray mucus from throat and sinuses
          o Heart Palpitations while lying on the back

The above describes metallic silver poisoning as a byproduct of homeopathic treatments for various disorders. This illustrates the great importance of proper particle sizing in colloidal silver. Of course, the above applies to Metallic Silver in general.

In addition, metallic silver stimulates the body to eliminate other heavy metals. Acting as a chelating agent, heavy metals can be re-released into body tissues.

Silver Metal comes in the following forms: Tablets, capsules, powders ( ground silver ), as well as compounds such as Silver Nitrate and other protein/salts.

An Average DOSE of such substances can be as high as 5 mg daily. From the data on previous pages it is easy to see how silver poisoning can occur in a short period of time.

Saccharum Lactis ( Lactose Sugar ) can be mixed with Metallic Silver in order to minimize the toxic effects of such large doses.

* Argenti Oxidum ( Silver Oxide ) - no dangerous side effects discovered
    * Argenti Nitrus ( Silver Nitrate ) - Toxic ( Argyria, even explosive if added with vegetable oils) see above symptoms.
    * Argenti Iodidum ( Silver Iodide ) - Reportedly does not cause Argyria in large doses.

Nitrates are extremely sensitive to organic matter and light. All silver salts are highly reactive with chlorides. Interestingly, dissolving in distilled water significantly lessens any reaction. Silver stains may be removed by scrubbing with Potassium Cyanide. The stains referred to are a result of the combination of silver salts with albumen, activated by light exposure.

Continued and prolonged use of silver salts produces degeneration of tissues and organs, discoloration of skin, hemorrhaging, nervous system impairment, large scale paralysis, loss of coordination, convulsions, and death by respiratory failure due to paralysis.

Potassium Iodide is recommended in conjunction with the silver salts to help prevent silver toxicity. Sodium Hyposulphite should be added to bath water to assist the body's elimination process.

The information above is based almost exclusively on Silver Nitrate. If colloidal silver responded even partially like these compounds, there would be thousands of cases of silver poisoning, with more being diagnosed daily. The facts? Not one case of silver toxicity has been found due to isolated colloidal silver.

In addition, the above data gives an excellent symptom baseline for those concerned with silver poisoning. For those who have been using colloidal silver for years, a simple mental inventory of one's physical condition would provide the necessary information to set one's mind at ease.

I'm not as adv. in Chem. as most of you guys, but i've been reading up on you're main  Thread
:thumbup:

It's good stuff....Even though I don't understand some of it, it helps brings things into prespective :thumbup:

Good luck on the tests, I have a bunch as well and lots of time on my hands :wink:

-Gnostic

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4083907 - 04/22/05 05:19 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, but just make sure to read the whole thing, and not just the first part. Here's some noteworthy quotes from the same link:

Quote:

We are still in the process of checking the authenticity of the above symptoms for extreme silver poisoning. It should be understood, that it has likely been over 40 years since anyone has experienced silver toxicity to this degree.

However, the above data, if indeed accurate, gives us an extraordinary amount of knowledge. We found one reference that claimed that Argyria often first causes slight discoloration of the white of the eye.

A recent poll taken from over 200 participants has clearly demonstrated that even when used regularly for 2 - 5 years, no ill effects are experienced from using colloidal silver.
An independent researcher analyzed silver elimination vs. silver consumed, over a period of several months consuming roughly 2.34 mg of colloidal silver daily. His results clearly demonstrated that even larger amounts of colloidal silver used internally are WELL handled by the body's elimination system. This study will can be viewed by clicking following this link.

Another independent researcher, basing his study on a rabbit experiment, concluded that it would take about 13 gallons of 10 ppm colloidal silver to induce a toxic response, and this would have to be taken at one sitting.

In the event that for whatever reason, the body began to reach a toxic level of silver intake, it is easy to catch the first signs and thus avoid any serious effects, be they cosmetic or health oriented.

There are several people through the years that have made brief attempts to induce silver toxicity in their own body via properly made isolated colloidal silver, and we have never heard of a successful attempt, nor have we been able, in a DILIGENT search, to find one case of Argyria related to isolated colloidal silver.

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4084084 - 04/22/05 08:56 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I read that as well, I was just trying to get his/her point across, But yea, the rest is as just important but i wasn't sure if you'd acually read it all :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

-Gnostic

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4084731 - 04/22/05 01:33 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

No worries. :rockon:

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineMindzpore
Psychedelicious
 User Gallery

Loc: Reject the concept of loc...
    #4094239 - 04/25/05 07:17 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

aaahh,  :eek: solid brick-of-text mindblock! :nut: can only process words with fewer than three syllables.

--------------------
Mindzpores words of wisdom:
"If you think something is foolproof, you just haven't met proper fools".

Wiccan_Seeker said:
"It is better to adjust to become a better listener than to keep on cranking up the volume".

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: Mindzpore]
    #4456794 - 07/26/05 08:01 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Have you tested the colloidal silver in application with the growing of shrooms yet JaguarWarrior? I'm about to go out and buy a bottle and add it to the mix... I look forward to your super strain - muhhahaha

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: iambobby]
    #4457989 - 07/27/05 01:05 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

just to let you know, some people can't "process" silver. if you are one of those people, it will end up in your skin like a tatoo. it is a rare condition, but has happened.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4459962 - 07/27/05 02:20 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

No I haven't got around to testing it guys sorry, my project is on hold as I'm moving to a new place.

I ate shaggy,
Actually that is from taking too high a dose for an extended period of time. Silver has been used for ages without many incidents.

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
    #4460017 - 07/27/05 02:35 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'll try it and post....

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: curenado]
    #4460352 - 07/27/05 04:14 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i said it was rare.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4460619 - 07/27/05 05:28 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Our lovely friends, 'the medical industries' all over the world are doing everything they can to ban colloidal silver because of the 1 or 2 overdoses and intoxications in the past 100 years or so. It won't be long until they ban the sun for its harmful UV rays. You can understand however that it is not really the couple of deaths that motivates the industry to ban this stuff - the fear of something going wrong is just the common lever the industry uses to get the people on side. What the medical industry fear is all of these simple to make and access things getting into the world at large and wiping out their mega billion dollar enterprise.

Colloidal silver is a trace element that is a primal antioxidant. Its amazing that so much fear has been generated around it when only a couple people have ever had a problem with it. 99.9999% of users report nothing but complete acceptance of it. There can be problems when the makers of the colloidal silver are using dodgy equipment and the elements are too large but even still I am sure the damage is Nil to minute and not even worth mentioning.

What is the medical industries intention? Why are there known cures to things that are still hidden to the public? It makes me furious... it almost strips all compassion from me and makes me wish a sad death upon these folks in white coats. Its all about the dollars for these people.

Think about this... anything natural is called 'Alternative'. Excuse me mr, your chemical synthesis is alternative, not the other way around. Of course I could go on and on but its probably not very relevant and I need to position myself so that I can actually do something about it rather than fuming. In the meantime - consume lots of shrooms, build your personal magic powers and lets take these bitches out.

--------------------
Yesterday, the world was flat. Today, the world is a round ball. Tomorrow? The world will not be defined so easily with words...

Offlineiambobby
I am what I am
 User Gallery

Re: Colloidal Silver, would it aid or hinder mushroom growth. [Re: iambobby]
    #4460648 - 07/27/05 05:43 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Oh and besides all of that... I look forward to your post Curenado. And thanks for the tip iateshaggy... I am gradually learning to let go of this seriousness I have and be more light hearted.

One night when I was on shrooms in the city I was conversing with the spirit demons behind our major institutions - medical, government, money etc. The ananarki were present with the reptiles and they captured my body and were resting me backwards into an operational position to do an interstella operation on me. I was hypnotised. I became savvy of their plan to take me out and I came to. Almost had some sort of etheric slicing laser beam rip me apart! After this, they said if I continue to live with grudges against the system they are going to assasinate me. Sure, its all in my head but I decided that it was this inner war raging inside of me that created this hallucination and that I no longer needed to goto battle everyday.

Peacae.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Scales, Spirulina

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology