Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

How do you feel "changed" after psychedelics ?
    #4022839 - 04/06/05 06:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you don't want to read this, just skip to the bottom. I'm sorry about the length :frown: I just like to explain myself fully so there are no misunderstandings.

Alright, I've been to a lot of forums, and I've asked many people all sorts of questions about drugs, psychs in general. I used to be very nervous and had question after question after question, usually driving the person crazy. but lately (after my first and only trip, ironically) I realized that I should just chill out and not worry so much.

So as a result, I don't plan on making too many threads here at shroomery asking about the experience (which can't be explained in words anyway..). I only have _one_ main concern/inquiery that I would like to discuss. Please bear with me if you've answered it before, but it is the only thing about shrooms and other psychs that I'm a bit stressed about..

My first trip was 2g with my best friend. We are now even closer, and it was one of the best times of my life. We laughed so hard we cried, and took a 3 hour long walk which involved a playground, starbucks, trippy graffiti covered alley etc. Anyways, I want to "take it to the next level," because I didn't experience full visuals or very abstract thought patterns. I only felt "very different" and saw stuff rippling and breathing. I believe I'm ready for it (I was htinking on taking 2.5-3g next time), but the only thing I'm concerned about is being "changed" after a higher-level trip. I'm not sure if 2.5-3 is enough to do that, but I'm still asking anyway for doses beyond that (like 3.5-4)

After taking only 2g, I now realize the power of shrooms (I didn't feel it per se, but I recognized it's presence).
I want to take a higher dose, but from every person I have heard who has, they have all said they changed very much from before their trip (and now they usually say they are more lonely feeling).
Basically right now, I love the way things are going and how I think, but I also would like to "see the bigger picture" and get the most out of shrooms, as I'm really interested in that sort of thing. I'm mainly concerned about being 'changed' in a way I don't like, and then not being able to go back. It's like I want to see what's in store, but not ruin it for myself by realizing how much reality is not what it seems.
Could you please tell me in detail how you feel after a medium-high level trip? Do you feel lonely, depressed, less social etc. afterwards? ANYTHING you wish to tell me about how you felt before/after or anythinge lse, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks dudes, Sorry again for the length.

Peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
Re: How do you feel "changed" after psychedelics ? [Re: Limelight]
    #4022921 - 04/06/05 06:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

After a dose which you are saying (2.5-3 grams dried),  I have never come out of the trip feeling worse.  I almost always have a more profound thinking pattern,  and if not that... a really good memory of a perfectly spent afternoon.  As for long term, I have never heard of anyone getting more depressed or changed for the worse... on that small of a dose.  Before you dose again, make sure your ready for what your getting into and be in the right mindset and place.  Happy trippin' yo.

:thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinekrin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4022930 - 04/06/05 06:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

***you coulda worded that better***

plus i think if you really believe the experences changes you, they probably will,but its only a self fulfilling prophecy, just like if you chant "im sad" all day you'll probably feel sad

other than that psychedelics can be great for emotional experiences, creative ideas,great memories and fun times

--------------------

Edited by gdman (04/06/05 06:54 PM)

OfflineDazed
Stranger

Loc: SC
    #4022931 - 04/06/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have only tripped two times the first time was 3g and the second only 1g. After my first trip with my best friend ,who I am really close to now that we have tripped, I have a different out look on life and feel more close to the world and my surroundings. My friend has also noticed this. My second trip I did alone in my room and it was a different less spiritual high and more and a see "cartoons" and laugh sorta trip. The shrooms I got from what I hear were really good and the best that my friend had ever had. Now that it has been a month or so from my trips I feel less changed but the thoughts are faint but still on my mind and probably always will be. Even with the thoughts and "changed feeling" I would love to do more but shrooms aren't very common around my area...

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: How do you feel "changed" after psychedelics ? [Re: Dazed]
    #4023280 - 04/06/05 07:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Alright I think this needs explanation because people tend to take this "changed" thing the wrong way.

People change, yes, but it's not like an explicit change. You may have the world FIGURED OUT on Shrooms, but the next day you are just going to remember what you were thinking, but you won't FEEL it anymore. You won't truly understand what it was you were thinking, or how you felt.

The change is -implicit- . It's just there. You won't be able to go through a mental checklist and go "Oh, my psyche changed here, here, umm...oh, here defenitely, and...oh, haha. There. big time."

It's just not like that. You'll feel mostly the same when you wake up the next day. But you'll have good memories to work off of, and you might not look at some things the same way.

You might never look at Grafitti again in the same way because you experienced it differently. It's just different, but it's not explicit. You'll still experience the grafitti, but..not 100% the same.

Does that make sense?

People tend to overinflate this "change" thing. Change takes time more than ANYTHING. Mushrooms and psychedelics can change, but not like time can. You'll still be you after 5g.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineTurnpikeGates
    #4023311 - 04/06/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you're going to be changed. just like any significant experience in your life, a shroom trip will affect the way you think and percieve yourself, the world, and your place in it. think of it like eating from the tree of knowledge. you're bailing out on ignorant bliss and taking a chance at new and more profound kinds of bliss. but you could see the new world you encounter through entheogens and it might make you melancholy, lonely, or confused. just like any new understanding.

after first using psychedelics, I started to notice a divide between people who "had" and people who "hadn't". it was weird to think that there is a world out there that a ton of people will never experience, and BAM, you just experienced it. it's kind of a special feeling, and kind of depressing at the same time.

other intangible negative effects I've felt are all in relation to new knowledge. a sort of new grip on existentialism that can feel like the carpet was pulled out from under your cosmology. writer's block (what the fuck do I have to say to the world?).

all that shit is difficult to grapple with, but (I think) part of the path to becoming a more complete,sublime human.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: How do you feel "changed" after psychedelics ? [Re: freddurgan]
    #4023634 - 04/06/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
Alright I think this needs explanation because people tend to take this "changed" thing the wrong way.

People change, yes, but it's not like an explicit change. You may have the world FIGURED OUT on Shrooms, but the next day you are just going to remember what you were thinking, but you won't FEEL it anymore. You won't truly understand what it was you were thinking, or how you felt.

The change is -implicit- . It's just there. You won't be able to go through a mental checklist and go "Oh, my psyche changed here, here, umm...oh, here defenitely, and...oh, haha. There. big time."

It's just not like that. You'll feel mostly the same when you wake up the next day. But you'll have good memories to work off of, and you might not look at some things the same way.

You might never look at Grafitti again in the same way because you experienced it differently. It's just different, but it's not explicit. You'll still experience the grafitti, but..not 100% the same.

Does that make sense?

People tend to overinflate this "change" thing. Change takes time more than ANYTHING. Mushrooms and psychedelics can change, but not like time can. You'll still be you after 5g.

Excellent reply man (and also to you turnpike), you really helped a lot and explained it well :biggrin:
I'm not concerned anymore, and that's saying a lot, heh.

I'm curious though, what 'earthly' objects (such as the things you encounter when you're tripping, like the graffiti) do you think of differently, and how? This isn't because i'm worried, I'm just wondering.
I've heard some people feel that they realize how primitive humans are, but that's really all I've heard.

Thanks again  :thumbup:

Peace

btw, I like it here, it's not just a bunch of dickheads saying "JUST EAT 5 GRAMS YOU PUSSY!!!~~!~"  :mushroom2:

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4024947 - 04/07/05 03:38 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i've certainly changed as a person since i started using psychedelics, but the change has been slow and gradual. eating some shrooms won't change you dramatically (in most cases); it will most likely subtlely alter your views of the world (including yourself).

psychedelics open your mind for a few hours; they give you a glimpse of an alternative outlook, a different world. its up to you after the trip whether you continue thinking about that stuff and actually take on that different outlook. its like watching the trailer to a movie. after watching the trailer, you can either go and watch the movie or not.

how i feel after a trip varies. with shrooms, i usually have depressing come-downs that last about 6-12 hours. with acid, i'm left with a peaceful afterglow that sometimes lasts for a few days.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinekrin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How do you feel "changed" after psychedelics ? *DELETED* [Re: alsey]
    #4024977 - 04/07/05 04:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by gdman

Reason for deletion: I warned you, no flaming!

--------------------

OfflineShroomehlouah
The glass isbending
Re: How do you feel "changed" after psychedelics ? [Re: krin]
    #4025018 - 04/07/05 05:32 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Krin hush dear.. :P

I find that shrooms do very slightly change you. I've found myself playing my bass more and opening my mind up to new types of music(I heard a bunch of electronic stuff on shrooms, mind blowing stuff!) and some particular objects I find hilarious because of memories of them.

It won't suddenly turn you into a new age hippy who decides we all need to love the earth and dedicate our soul to the mother spirit that's for sure!

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: How do you feel "changed" after psychedelics ? [Re: Shroomehlouah]
    #4025380 - 04/07/05 08:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I couldn't even tell you how I've changed. I just have =/

Wait, here we go. Earthly objects? Computers.

I hate them - I hate them so, so, so much. I devoted so much of my life to them and I just grew to be sickened by them more and more. That's one thing that my perception changed on. And it's probably the biggest thing that changed. I changed my major because of it, I'm a Psych major now.

And other things. It just basically gave me a good shaking, and I'm more open to new things now. I'm not gonna lie, I'm like a lot of folks from the 60's. Psychedelics got me started on eastern religion.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Offlinealsey

#4025454 - 04/07/05 09:02 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
And other things. It just basically gave me a good shaking, and I'm more open to new things now. I'm not gonna lie, I'm like a lot of folks from the 60's. Psychedelics got me started on eastern religion.

same here. i'm not quite buddhist yet, but i'm heading that way.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineSirFrancisBacon
Frog
 User Gallery

Loc: low earth orbit
Re: How do you feel "changed" after psychedelics ? [Re: alsey]
    #4025606 - 04/07/05 09:58 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i've never really done big doeses, but even with the smaller (< 3.5 g) doeses i noticed changes in the way i look at the world especially related to nature. Trees are more *significant* now. Their branches arn't just there gettin' sunlight like they used to be. Instead they're "reaching." Things like streets and sweage systems seem strikingly similar to vascular systems. Somehow, thats *important*. Also, i feel more like a creature.

check it out:
streets
Drainage
Vascular
Est? loco.

However, other drugs have changed me too. Take alcohol. I hated the blues till i started drinking!

OfflineTiCal
Stranger

#4025642 - 04/07/05 10:14 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The last trip I had was in Shenandoah and the trip was the most insightful I've had. When I was tripping, I was being explained the reasons I think the things I do. In all honesty, I think that had something to do with being on top of the Appalachian mountains. I learned a lot on that trip.. Well anyways, after the trip, I now have a better understanding on different types of people, but it's hazy to think about it while i'm not tripping.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#4026289 - 04/07/05 01:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
I couldn't even tell you how I've changed. I just have =/

Wait, here we go. Earthly objects? Computers.

I hate them - I hate them so, so, so much. I devoted so much of my life to them and I just grew to be sickened by them more and more. That's one thing that my perception changed on. And it's probably the biggest thing that changed. I changed my major because of it, I'm a Psych major now.

Ahh, I would have never thought computers. Interesting..

Btw.. this is going out on a limb, but I assume it's just coincidence that every person I know (at least 7) who have tripped, every one of them doesnt care about their looks, freinds and so on. They all seem to live like a hermit crab in it's shell, not shaving, not taking showers, not talking to their friends. They also all act VERY weird, like they mumble and mutter to themselves, talk about strange things (i'm not saying this is bad, they just act very weird compared to my other freinds, and personally i wouldnt want to be like they are). It's just strange to me that every one is like that, and my other freinds who haven't tried lsd, shrooms, other drugs are "normal" acting/looking.
Kind of weird.. and I'm hoping it really is just coincidence and they aren't like that because of "what they have seen."

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineDazed
Stranger

Loc: SC
    #4026855 - 04/07/05 03:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

That's really interesting Limelight my Friend who as tripped several times on shrooms and one time on LSD is like what you have described and he used to be a very normal energetic teenager. I have known him for most of my life and have noticed that he has changed and now is more in a different world... not completely noticeable but sense I have known him for years I can tell. I never thought it was from drugs but just him...could it be from his acid trip?

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#4026869 - 04/07/05 03:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hahaha, oh man. I hear ya big time there.

That's probably pretty hard to pin down. I know I went through that phase. I never got my hair cut, I never shaved. I still showered and stuff, and I talked to my freinds.

Honestly your description makes some of your friends sound pretty wierd and messed up. But it's PROBABLY just the fact that they are shocked, and just aren't thinking about the same shit anymore. Instead of thinking about pimpin their car they are thinking about infinite oneness or buddhism or captialism or some other stuff like that.

And haircuts and shaving? I dunno..I just didn't care for a while. "Fuck fashion, that's some shallow bullshit. Love me for who I am damnit."

But I get haircuts now cause I look like a slob without one, and I shave because of the same reasons. And I always shower lol, and I always talk to my friends.

--------------------
Ishmael

Ron Paul 2008!

Offlinealsey

#4026929 - 04/07/05 03:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

after doing psychedelics people often become less bothered with appearances and more bothered with what people are actually like on the inside. some take this to extremes - one acid head i know hardly ever washes, looks like shit basically. most people's reaction to him is 'wierd', but he's a rare case IMO (the guy's actually a legend once you get to know him).

normality is a subjective thing. basically people who are similar to you, you percieve as normal. people different to you, you percieve as wierd. if psychedelics change someone enough that they become significantly different to you, you will percieve them as 'wierd'.

similar thing with your tripping friends talking about 'strange things'. you percieve these things as strange because you're not familiar with the stuff they've experienced, and unfamiliar = strange basically.

one thing psyhedelics helped me to understand is that no one is 'wierd', people are just different, and there's nothing wrong with difference.

one problem people sometimes get after using psychedelics is alienation. i've experienced it very slightly. its where you can't connect properly with non-trippers because you've experienced things they simply don't understand.

psychedelics are like the blue pill and the red pill in the matrix. you can choose to do the drugs and see things in a different way, and never be able to completely go back to the old way, or you can leave the drugs alone and never see things in that different way. the choice is yours.

--------------------

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
    #4026963 - 04/07/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I feel cleansed. Like my being just went through the spiritual spas and i came out anew. I don't feel anything but good after a trip, and usually i feel even better while tripping. If you do an 1/8, which would be just a bit more than 3 grams, 3.5, then you're starting to reach the doses that will reach that "higher" level you're talking about. I haven't been there too many times, but it's quite incredible. Just be as prepared as you can be, and like you already said, the best to do is just chill out and go with it. Know that it's a drug and that whatever's happening, at some point you will return. You're mind might be changed about a few issues, but that will happen naturally, as regular thoughts do. You'll just be having around ten thousand of them a second...

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: How do you feel "changed" after psychedelics ? [Re: Hrethic]
    #4027172 - 04/07/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hmm... you're guy's replies aren't to reassuring. I'm sure it's great knowing all the things  you do, and having your thought processes change, but I like who I am :/ I like all my freinds and so on..
The few people on my hall who have tripped (hard) - no one likes them, and they seem like loners. WHo knows, they may be way happier than me and they just dont' care, but I actually kind of prefer how I am.

This is such a difficult and tenebrous problem :frown: On one hand I want to "go there" and on the other hand I don't want to be TOO different. I don't mind thinking a little differently, but if I take acid or a high mushy trip and end up like that, I think I'd rather stay where I am, even if they are happier.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates