Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemattdestruction
Doctor
 User Gallery

First Try
    #4024221 - 04/06/05 11:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This is my first try.  I made these cakes in plastic jars instead of glass.  It works fine.

I woke up this morning and had these.

And this:

Its pretty sick, they took forever to grow (like 5+ weeks i think, but college sucks so it mightve been like 2).  Theyre all B plus.  I'm high right now so forget about all the typos in this post.  Also, my space bar is kinda broken on one side so if it looks like I forgot wanna them, I didn't, bitches.  word to your mothers.  Does anyone know what kind of yield I should get from these?  wanna my buddies says like two ounces dried out but I would be satisfied with one.  I'm just happy they're growing at all  :thumbup:
How many ounces dry total?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (04/06/05 11:31 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
-kick out the jams, motherfuckers, hey hey hey hey smoke weed every day, wb's represent (please keep in mind that all posts have most likely been made while high, disregard typos)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineswiftrance
Let there be light

Re: First Try [Re: mattdestruction]
    #4024241 - 04/06/05 11:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

looks like you got somethin good there.
but in all reality, theyre still 'just cakes'  :grin:

i definitly think youll get plenty for you and ur buds compared to the level of investment u had to make.
good job !!

--------------------

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA Flag
    #4024248 - 04/06/05 11:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Take-a-long tubs i suppose?

OfflineExpectingRain
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: First Try [Re: swiftrance]
    #4024259 - 04/06/05 11:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

contrats on your first try; your cakes look great.
But one thing I've learned is don't count your shrooms before you pick em. I had cakes and cakes that would get fluffy, start to pin and then just sit around on their asses and not do anything worthwhile, even though everything was close to perfect. It's infuriating.
So be prepared for that, but stay optimistic and keep everything just right. Those look great, good job and good luck!

--------------------
I do not know which to prefer,
The beauty of inflections
Or the beauty of innuendoes,
The blackbird whistling
Or just after.
wallace stevens

Offlinemattdestruction
Doctor
 User Gallery

#4025918 - 04/07/05 11:37 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Here's some more pics of what I found this morning. sick stuff

--------------------
-kick out the jams, motherfuckers, hey hey hey hey smoke weed every day, wb's represent (please keep in mind that all posts have most likely been made while high, disregard typos)

OfflineSoK
pimpin sincebeen pimpinsince beenpimpin since..

Loc: ohio river valley
    #4025970 - 04/07/05 11:49 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

keep the fresh air flowin and the humidity high

Invisiblekorins
Antisocialite

#4026270 - 04/07/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'd say less than .5 oz

OfflineillDNA
illsickbad
Re: First Try [Re: korins]
    #4026368 - 04/07/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i`m gonna have to agree with korins. they look yummy as hell, but i can`t see you getting more than .5 oz of them

--------------------
i`ve got POUNDS upon POUNDS of silica gel desiccant for trade. pm me or email me at illDNA@insightbb.com

Offlinemattdestruction
Doctor
 User Gallery

Re: First Try [Re: illDNA]
    #4026607 - 04/07/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yo but are you guys sure? i mean... ive got six cakes there... this is the first fruiting, right at the beginning. it's the second morning since they've even appeared. only 0.5 oz? you don't think that with like three more fruitings i could get at least a z? i dunno if i'd call this such a rewarding experience, since that would last one night, after i've invested months. with that said, how do you make more? the guides I read all said that I should be getting a lot more with this much. well... i forgot where i was going with this post. crap i hafta go to a meeting soon... meetings suck. to be honest its more of a cult gathering, were gonna drink blood and shit. no its a meeting

you might notice that one of the cakes has a piece cut out, well it got bruised, and i remember reading somewhere that you should do that. was it a good idea? one of the edges where i cut some off has started to bruise, should i cut this off?

--------------------

Edited by mattdestruction (04/07/05 02:16 PM)

Offlineicculus_
helpingphriendly inc.

Loc: the mountains
    #4026693 - 04/07/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

cant expect get much out of brf cakes, try a bulk grow once you get the hang of things. thats the direction i want to go. nor can you expect so much for your first grow. take your time dude.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #4026700 - 04/07/05 02:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

you might notice that one of the cakes has a piece cut out, well it got bruised, and i remember reading somewhere that you should do that. was it a good idea?

No, it was not a good idea.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: First Try [Re: dog]
    #4026740 - 04/07/05 02:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

2gs - 3.5 g's per cake. Those are dry grams by the way. Not bad if you ask me! Congrads on your first crops brotha! Case the tops of the cakes with moistened vermiculite next flush to up the yeilds. :thumbup:

Edited by hotnutz (04/07/05 02:39 PM)

InvisiblePsilovibe
reader ofthreads

Loc: Treasure Coast
Re: First Try [Re: Hotnuts]
    #4026755 - 04/07/05 02:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

6 Cakes.. less than 140g wet. I'm not experienced but I also think he will get a little more than that. But afterall they are small cakes. How do B+ normally yield? High.. Low? Big.. Small?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4026768 - 04/07/05 02:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mattdestruction said:
you might notice that one of the cakes has a piece cut out, well it got bruised, and i remember reading somewhere that you should do that. was it a good idea? one of the edges where i cut some off has started to bruise, should i cut this off?

no, bruising is normal when handling cakes and when they get dehydrated, where
you may have heard about cake cutting is probably from the 'myth buster' Tahoe
a very poor source as he seems to give as much bad advice as he does the good advice

Offlinemattdestruction
Doctor
 User Gallery

Re: First Try [Re: icculus_]
    #4030354 - 04/08/05 10:43 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

what's a good bulk grow? i had an idea of how i could salvage the cakes that have already begun fruiting: pretty much after the first flush, I want to try and crumble the cakes onto stuff like straw and other materials that people have been using for bulk grows. if i took the container that i was storing all the cakes in and just cased one cake with straw and shit in there, would that increase my yield? well, class is over and so is my post.

--------------------

Offlinemattdestruction
Doctor
 User Gallery

#4031538 - 04/08/05 04:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i woke up and was shocked by how much the mushrooms have grown, they must have tripled in size. This is day 3:

At around 4PM i noticed that the veil was about to break on two, so i pulled them off. weighed 16g, wet. i put them in a bag, but they began to bruise quickly. one became very blotchy, so i put them in the freezer. here is a picture before they bruised:

if i eat the two of these, will it mess me up? im just gonna eat em an hour before i go out and hope to be hit while doin whatever im doin. ive never had mushrooms before, so tolerance isnt an issue. in fact, i really don't know what to expect cause no one around me has ever had them... what kinda college is this? anyhow, you should expect a trip report sometime tomorrow and ill check back before i leave to see if i should eat more than 2.
friday... allllright

--------------------

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #4031608 - 04/08/05 04:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you want to eat fresh, you should eat about 10 times what you would dry. 35 grams wet = about 3-3.5 dry. Don't give up on your cakes yet. I did 5 cakes of B+ and got 250 grams wet first flush. Dryed to 24 grams dry. Your cakes look good. You could try casing them after your first flush, I did that with some KSSS and all worked out well. Good Luck.
Peace,Love,Happiness ad Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:
And bruising is completely normal, especially after dunking. If you were to cut out all the bruising, after a couplr dunks, you'ld have nothing left. Very bad advice. Never do anything that drastic without checking with the more experienced growers first.

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: First Try [Re: HippieChick]
    #4031707 - 04/08/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Move on to casing man. Cakes are pretty sweet though but dude the yields arent as great. I started out with straight verm-

See how the mushrooms on the casing are so much bigger then the ones on the cakes. That one big shroom was 3 grams dry :smile: Also casing produces many great flushes.

Offlinemattdestruction
Doctor
 User Gallery

Re: First Try [Re: p4kSouL]
    #4033034 - 04/09/05 12:36 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

man i had those two shrooms. not quite what i was hoping for. in fact im not sure if anything even happened. i felt a little weird but i didnt see any surfaces doin that shit its supposed to. i guess those two shrooms just werent enough for one person. i ate a sandwhich an hour and a half before, would that affect it? it really seemed like a lot of shrooms at the time and tasted disgusting (i ate them alone and dipped in jd sauce). damn but that taste was bad.

--------------------

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #4033052 - 04/09/05 12:47 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If those two shrooms in your hand were all you ate, then no that wasn't nearly enough fresh. You would have to eat at least an ounce of fresh to get a real good experience.
Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix