Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
A casing Tahoe can be proud of
    #4024836 - 04/07/05 02:31 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, maybe he?ll still hate it, whatever : )?it was initiated a bit early for my tastes?but it didn?t turn out bad?my roomy harvested it before I got mature pics (this is about 4 days before harvest)?but the casing was pretty solid across with caps, not as much as I?d like..alot of pins are under the surface in this pic. Its coir/verm?believe it or not.

A few shrooms from that casing (Amazon):

Personally I like it more like this?but ONLY WHEN ITS TIME FOR PRIMORDIA TO BE FORMING, not when you birth it:

Also nice IMO:

Both the above casings have primordial forming in those pictures and will be pinning shortly..when they were initiated NO mycelium was showing on the surface.

This one is not bad, but defiantly to colonized..casing layer was very thin to try and get a harvest quickly:

Tahoe will probably also like this one..its forming primordia and pins right now as well. A bit under colonized for my liking, but hardly at all..

Some poo casings (two days ago) done with coir/verm that are also perfect for primordia formation IMO:

And today primordia forming..the casings got a bit to colonized for my liking, but I was busy overhauling and the coir didn?t help?from now on I will be using mainly peat/verm?with a bit of coir mixed in (10-15% ish)..but still these casings are not bad..

Hard to see primordia but its there..

This is 5.5 inches of straw with peat/verm?this sucka is pretty perfectly colonized IMO for primordia:

All of the above pics, but the two smaller casings labeled as poo, are straw..

I?ll be posting a number of other posts in a moment..so check the forum (by the time your reading this they should be there) for my closet setup design, and info on pasteurizing straw and poo ect. Just wanted to show people what I?ve been up too since I?ve been getting a lot of questions on that recently..

Some mini Pan Cyan casings:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: A casing Tahoe can be proud of [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4025029 - 04/07/05 05:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

WOW, just wow. That is amazing. You did a killer job, and I can not wait to pick your brain. Its just too goddamn early right now and i dont have any coffee.

Off to get ready to shoot a wedding, and your casings look A+++++++++

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4025461 - 04/07/05 09:07 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
A few shrooms from that casing (Amazon):

Dayum!!! becauseful with those, they could crush a small village

OfflineMeatSpace
Waxer of unicorn butthole
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep inside your ass
Re: A casing Tahoe can be proud of [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4025484 - 04/07/05 09:19 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
becauseful with those

:rotfl:

they are so nice, pris#1 is fumbling his words on a computer!

--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: A casing Tahoe can be proud of [Re: MeatSpace]
    #4025756 - 04/07/05 10:48 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

it's my wonderful public education

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: A casing Tahoe can be proud of [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4026247 - 04/07/05 12:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You always impress me Scat:) I am just starting my ventures into casings and I can't wait til I get a camera for some interactive input so to speak. Even without that, the skills and knowledge of people like Scat have made this a tremendously easy hobby to get into and succeed without too much frustration. Learn early on that patience and research are your best friends in this hobby, and you will have a lot of fun. And nothing is more fun than results that make you proud, and you should be Scat. GJ, keep it up.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

Re: A casing Tahoe can be proud of [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #4026294 - 04/07/05 01:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

wondering...
what was the most flushes you've seen out of the straw?

--------------------

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #4026809 - 04/07/05 02:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

straight gangsta, fax machine and everything. You make poppa proud

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A casing Tahoe can be proud of [Re: tahoe]
    #4030082 - 04/08/05 08:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

>what was the most flushes you've seen out of the straw?

The two to the left are second flush straw:

And they went another half decent flush after that..then 4th flush was like 3 shrooms, not very big either. You need to use a good amount of spawn (25%) for that though I think...my last few batches..second flush was much smaller then first. A dunk really helps too, I was to lazy to dunk these but the two in the above picture were dunked (the one on the right is rye) between flushes..

These were a good half pound for 7 shrooms, 280 almost actually I think it is..

I'll post up some more pics of the casings here as they flush out...we'll see how they do :smile:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #4030102 - 04/08/05 09:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

DAMMMN half pounders nice that would be even nicer dry weight  :grin:

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A casing Tahoe can be proud of [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4030203 - 04/08/05 09:46 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Also, a good addition I think are some older overlaid casings. I've been asked if I had any pics. This is bad overlay..incubated for about 3 days or something (I forget) then on day 14:

Pins are JUST forming above. Notice how it fluffed up and balled together and became a mat, then yellowed. Now how bad is that you say? The first two pictures ended up like this:

The others in tin pans, I dont seem to have pictures of the flushes...but it was similar. Notice how alot of center area is blank, alot of side action. Yeild was still ok for these. Nother was really done to stop the overlay because I wanted these pictures, to show exactly how bad it was...this could have been cold shocked and patched earlier to prevent this though.

--------------------

Offlinebakie
devil
Loc: wouldnt u like to know
Re: A casing Tahoe can be proud of [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #4577855 - 08/25/05 03:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Underhillmaster said:
You always impress me Scat:) I am just starting my ventures into casings and I can't wait til I get a camera for some interactive input so to speak. Even without that, the skills and knowledge of people like Scat have made this a tremendously easy hobby to get into and succeed without too much frustration. Learn early on that patience and research are your best friends in this hobby, and you will have a lot of fun. And nothing is more fun than results that make you proud, and you should be Scat. GJ, keep it up.

--------------------
Bakie just pwned you r00kie biatches. :laugh:

Offlinebakie
devil
Loc: wouldnt u like to know
Re: A casing Tahoe can be proud of [Re: bakie]
    #4577857 - 08/25/05 03:50 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i must agree with that..... the veteran members never stop impressing me with all the work that they do... its almost like they take there hobby to heart as if they would their job... it turns the shroomery into ph.d.'s, majors, teachers, growers, n00bs(the future ph.d.'s, majors, teachers, growers, of the community) it just shows what people can do when they all have something incommon that the enjoy doing.... thanks to all you ph.d.'s, majors, teachers, growers i would have no knowledge in the area without you!

--------------------
Bakie just pwned you r00kie biatches. :laugh:

Offlinemycomatt024
Stranger
    #4578831 - 08/25/05 12:29 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i agree with Underhill too. fantastic flush Scat im always impressed with what u occomplish. And are all the flushes Amazons cuz Amazons have got to be 1 of my fav strains

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4579622 - 08/25/05 01:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You guys are correct, scatmanrav does do some great grows, but this thread is almost 5 months old.

I'm not trying to be a dick, just letting you know not to bring back old threads. People sometimes get really ticked at that.

I agree with everything you say though.

Offline5t3v3
sirsmokesalot
Male User Gallery

Re: A casing Tahoe can be proud of [Re: srgtm1a]
    #8874580 - 09/03/08 11:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

this may be a stupid revival but i must know... the first pic in this thread looks like the shrooms were cased up to the caps...like they pinned, grew, and were cased up to the caps...Prisoner#1 never says what the deal is with that picture....

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A casing Tahoe can be proud of [Re: 5t3v3]
    #8874631 - 09/03/08 11:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

He states most of the pins are under the surface...So Im pretty sure he late cased it.  Oh and people hate it when old threads are brought up from the bowels of hell.  :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix