Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Teen turns in parents for growing pot
    #4025600 - 04/07/05 09:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Teen turns in parents for growing pot
April 07, 2005
benningtonbanner.com

CAMBRIDGE, N.Y. -- Two Jackson residents were caught growing 19 small marijuana plants in their bedroom closet Monday after their daughter, a Cambridge Central School student, turned them in, said police.

The 15-year-old girl, one of the couple's three children, went to school officials on Monday. Officials then called the village police department, who subsequently turned it over to state police investigators.

New York State Police Investigator Richard Painter said the teenager was concerned for her two younger siblings' welfare, causing her to report her parents.

Tammy Reynolds, 34, is said to have hit and pushed her oldest daughter into a bedroom wall during an argument last week in their State Route 22 home, leaving a hole in the wall, the daughter told police.

Both Reynolds and her husband, Harry J. Reynolds, 35, were arrested by state police officers on a number of charges Monday, including the combined charges of unlawfully growing cannabis, two counts of harassment and three counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

The reckless endangerment charges are the most serious, police said, and carry a maximum jail time of one year per charge. The marijuana plants were seized and will be destroyed at the conclusion of the case, said Painter.

The other charges stem from information the teenager gave police about an incident where Harry Reynolds held her head under dirty sink water in the kitchen in October, Painter said. Also, the daughter said her parents smoked marijuana in the house when the children were present, police said.

Child Protective Services were notified by police, and made arrangements to have the children stay elsewhere Monday night, said Painter. They will be involved in determining the future of the Reynoldses' children, Painter said.

Tammy and Harry Reynolds were arraigned in Jackson town court and released on their recognizance, to return to court at a later date, police said. A non-violent order of protection was placed on the parents, meaning that the two could not have abusive contact with their children, but not necessarily precluding all contact with them, Painter said.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Teen turns in parents for growing pot [Re: veggie]
    #4025610 - 04/07/05 09:59 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Fucking devil-child.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Teen turns in parents for growing pot [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4025685 - 04/07/05 10:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:mad2:

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Teen turns in parents for growing pot [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4025772 - 04/07/05 10:52 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

she may have just been trying to protect her siblings. What better way to get rid of a violent and abusive parent than to tell the cops they are growing pot? It's sad that they were arrested for possession first and child abuse second, but what else is a kid going to do. I think she was justified. Fuck abusive parents.

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4025778 - 04/07/05 10:54 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Woah. I totally jumped the gun and skipped a bunch of the article. My bad. Holding your kid's head under dirty sink-water...not good.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Teen turns in parents for growing pot [Re: gdman]
    #4026384 - 04/07/05 01:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The article name is pretty misleading, as it doesn't seem the pot is the reason the child contacted the authorities. The child had to do something about the situation at home. If she's telling the truth, the parents were extremely abusive and should be held accountable for the crimes they committed against the children. Pot should be legalized, but the parents knew it was illegal and that's some additional penalties they may now get for abusing their children.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Teen turns in parents for growing pot [Re: Ravus]
    #4027978 - 04/07/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah if they were really gentle, nice people and this happened, I'd be upset.

Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Loc: Doral Florida
    #8332730 - 04/26/08 11:29 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

The thing is, the most abusive possible enviroment you can put a child in is with CPS (child protective services) which are really the biggest child abusers out there. Those girls have better odds getting beaten to death with CPS than with with their fucked up 'rents.

--------------------
I have 29 Strains as of current.. I LOVE TO TRADE. See my bio for the strains I currently have.

I seek: Strains I don't have, exotic species, Edibles, Vacutainers, A accurate scale, chicken manure, worm castings, worms for making my own worm castings, plastic lids for mason jars, light malt extract, Kelp Meal, A Ph Tester, A microscope.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Teen turns in parents for growing pot [Re: prototypical_man]
    #8332803 - 04/26/08 11:49 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Since their parents have actively beat them, and CPS is yet to do so, I would challenge that.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Teen turns in parents for growing pot [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8334581 - 04/27/08 03:54 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

> Since their parents have actively beat them

Where did you read that?

All it says is that she was pushed into a wall and had her head dunked in sink water. That's one of those statements that's supposed to shock and outrage you, but really that's next to nothing. If the worst you can come up with is "pushed into a wall" and "got your head dunked" that's really not that abusive of a situation.

What's the worst that happened to you as a kid when you misbehaved and argued with your parents? I got spanked when I deserved it and if I was physically uncooperative they would simply overpower me. That's pretty normal and hardly qualifies as child abuse.

I'd bet the kid did something to deserve what happened. Likely she swore and got her head dunked instead of her mouth washed out with soap. Kids that are actually abused will have far worse stories to tell than this minor stuff.

-FF

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals