Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Safe Word
    #4021668 - 04/06/05 01:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've bounced around an idea for a while and it seems to work pretty good.

Before I trip I tell my friends about my safe word. It's ZERO. If my friends or I start havin a bad trip we say the word to snap em out of it.
I figure it could be anyword or thing that brings ya back. like a mantra or momento typ thing....

any thoughts?

first post.... (I did a search and couldn't find if this had been covered.)

--------------------
"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Safe Word [Re: Cowgold]
    #4021704 - 04/06/05 01:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Good idea. Another thing to think of would be a word so that your friends will leave you alone. Sometimes during trips, you just need to be alone and it can be hard to tell people to leave you alone at that point. Of course, when you get there you probably won't even remember the word.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4021828 - 04/06/05 01:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This is indeed a very good idea.

Through meditation, I form symbols in my mind for different states of well-being. Calm down, strength, courage, confidence, get-me-outta-this-bad-trip, etc.

In some states you may not be able to even speak.

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: Safe Word [Re: Adden]
    #4021999 - 04/06/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I wouldn't pick "zero" as the safe word. It can have a negative connotation, as in the infinite abyss of nothingness. And it's a very important number that could easily come up in thoughts dealing with life and the universe and things, so it could inadvertently come up and cause misunderstanding.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Safe Word [Re: the_phoenix]
    #4022020 - 04/06/05 03:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

it holds very significant value to me is my reason for pickin it. In short It means a fresh start for me.

I would strongly suggest that people use a word that makes them happy or relaxed (safe).

--------------------
"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
    #4022149 - 04/06/05 03:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This is something that I've been doing for a while when I trip with friends.  Actually I do this as well when I trip by myself.  However, because of they way we choose the word it's usually a different word every time (it's been the same only once).  We choose a word after we have taken whatever drug we experiencing that night.  You know after you ingest the drug and you first start to feel the initial effects, but you are still coherent; just relaxed and starting to feel really good?  This is when we all sit down, listen to something relaxing (like nature sounds tape, or sit by the river if we're outside, pink floyd, etc.) and have a good conversation.  My friends and I are pretty philosophical, so we like to have in depth conversations about anything that'll make you think a little bit.  During these conversations, when the drug has not taken full effect, is when our "safe" word is chosen.  It is actually believed by us that the word chooses us.... GL, and safe journeys for everyone :stoned:

Edit:  We also use behavior to signal if you're having a bad trip.  However, this is always the same for us.  We always have cold water, fresh orange juice, kool-aid, basically whatever beverages we think we'd like to drink while tripping.  However, we always brew fresh organic hot tea, and keep it in a carafe.  If someone is drinking the hot tea, it means they need help from us (we're a close group of friends so we basically know what each person needs).  The tea actually serves two purposes; it signals everyone else, but it also is calm and soothing, which aides you in taking control of the trip on your own if you can.  Again, GL and safe journeys for everyone :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Edited by NeedMoreSleep (04/06/05 03:47 PM)

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #4022231 - 04/06/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i very much like this idea.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4022257 - 04/06/05 04:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It's a great idea, and it works for my friends and I as well.

Ours is: "Just be." One time my hubby hit a rough spot in a trip. I could tell he was really struggling. And when he looked into my eyes, I could hear him saying, "help me." And out of nowhere, we both began singing a mantra, something like, "Just be...and you will see...that you were always meant to be..." over and over.

The wildest part was that the words we were singing had a life of their own. They came out of their own accord, as though guided by some higher power, a source of some sort. We were soon singing these incredibly complex melodies and songs. It was our hymn. My husband later said it was one of the best trips of his life.

InvisibleSourceLimit
Above TheirInfluence
Re: Safe Word [Re: MOTH]
    #4022366 - 04/06/05 04:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Just make it something you can pronounce...

not furstbistivendler

Excellent Idea

Edited by SourceLimit (04/06/05 04:42 PM)

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: Safe Word [Re: SourceLimit]
    #4022829 - 04/06/05 06:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

my friend and i say 'pistachio' as a sort of cheers.
its like we cant find words to explain the madness so we are just like ya...we are seeing eye to eye here.. and its crazy...

pistachio.:tongue2:

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4023793 - 04/06/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

That is an excelent idea. five shrooms to you if i can find out how to do it =)

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Safe Word [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4025558 - 04/07/05 09:45 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Shuglin uses the phrase "hands in the air" followed by a raising of the hand to signal that you are being serious.

For example: "Do you smell smoke?" "Why is your brain on fire?"

as opposed to "Hands in the air... Do you smell smoke?" "Oh shit! I think something is REALLY on fire!"

This can be very helpful and prevent a lot of confusion.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order