Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
The Plot To Bomb The Popes Funeral
    #4025167 - 04/07/05 09:30 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

This post is dedicated to the famous Italian philosopher Niccolo Machiavelli. I do not advocate anyone here bombing or killing anyone.

In the news they talk about security precautions surrounding the Popes funeral. It got me thinking about the potential ramifications of a terrorist attack on this event.

I wouldn't go as far to say that the pope was loved among all Muslims, but he did speak to crowds of over 100,000 Muslims. As far as Christians and Popes go, he was probably as popular as you can get in the Muslim community.

What would the reaction be if his funeral was attacked? I would think it would be a backlash.

In Italy they love their Pope. They don't care too much for Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi and his adventures with America in the War on Terror. He is in political trouble. I think the attack would galvanize Italian society against the terrorists and in favor of Berlusconi. Don't fuck with their Pope.

The French and Spanish are highly Catholic societies. The French may not practice much anymore, but they still mostly come from Catholic families. I would think that they would be pissed.

I think that bombing the Popes funeral would create a Muslim backlash, and change overall world opinion in favor of the War on Terror.

So if George Bush and Karl Rove really are Machiavellian and diabolically evil, all they have to do is bomb the Pope's funeral. They could use Hollywood technology to release a tape of Osama Bin Laden claiming credit. If Osama wanted to refute it, he would have to surface and deny it, and we could bag him. Otherwise his messages usually take a month to make it though the clandestine pipeline. By that time public opinion would be set and people probably wouldn't believe him anyway.

I know it is a wild idea, but you probably could use terror to fight terrorist, and it might just be pretty effective. We still have threads about the government being behind 9-11. If that is to be the case, why just bomb our own people for public opinion? If the ends truly do justify the means, why not take out a few thousand papists this weekend and watch this world rock for America?

Like I said this is all in demented fun. I haven't killed anyone and you shouldn't either.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
Re: The Plot To Bomb The Popes Funeral [Re: JesusChrist]
    #4025393 - 04/07/05 10:43 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

give me a break...

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

#4025432 - 04/07/05 10:54 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

That's no good, for it to work they would have had to bomb the pope while he was alive. It's easy to start a bunch of shit, when will the governments learn how to leave other peoples alone?

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: The Plot To Bomb The Popes Funeral [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4025485 - 04/07/05 11:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I disagree...it would be just as effective if the pope was alive or dead, since the it would still create the desired effect. Global Outrage.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineSmallworlds

Re: The Plot To Bomb The Popes Funeral [Re: Rono]
    #4025501 - 04/07/05 11:25 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

On second thought I agree with you, however the outrage would be much greater, and last much, much longer, and more countries would be overthrown and occupied if they actually killed a live pope.

--------------------

Trip Report

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #4025696 - 04/07/05 12:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Bush and co. should vandalise mother Teresa's grave
that would make muslims look bad :rolleyes:

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: The Plot To Bomb The Popes Funeral [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4026210 - 04/07/05 02:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Wouldn't the new pope disapprove?

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4026360 - 04/07/05 03:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup: Feel free to shit on my grave when I die... Really, I won't mind, nuke it as well.

Why not use Machiavellian tactics to the extent possible? Why not live as a con-artist and justify all your intents... why not get away and come up on everything to your advantage?

Just because others don't have principles doesn't mean we shouldn't. TBH the presidency is a joke, the position for sale :shrug: I don't see it changing anytime in the near future unfortuanetly.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineSmallworlds

Re: The Plot To Bomb The Popes Funeral [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4027036 - 04/07/05 05:40 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Wouldn't the new pope disapprove?

Hopefully he would disapprove fast enough, before Bush could sign the war orders.

It takes a couple weeks to prop up a new pope right? Bush could start doing his bidness during that time.

--------------------

Trip Report

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #4028516 - 04/07/05 10:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hahaha... even the conservative Muslims I chat with spoke highly of Karol the Koran Kisser.

The Catholic Church is seen as a European phenomena in the Muslim world. It is neither associated with America or Zionism in the eyes of Islamic culture.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: The Plot To Bomb The Popes Funeral [Re: zahudulallah]
    #4029184 - 04/08/05 01:38 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So they're finally done with that whole being pissed at the infidel Crusaders thing, then?

Good. About time.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineSmallworlds

Re: The Plot To Bomb The Popes Funeral [Re: Phred]
    #4029261 - 04/08/05 02:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Oh, they still wanna kill everything that has not submitted to Islam eventually.

--------------------

Trip Report

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: The Plot To Bomb The Popes Funeral [Re: Phred]
    #4029729 - 04/08/05 08:05 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Why would they be pissed off? They won.

--------------------

OfflineRetired
Re: The Plot To Bomb The Popes Funeral *DELETED* [Re: JesusChrist]
    #4029743 - 04/08/05 08:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Retired

Reason for deletion: Updated

OfflineSmallworlds

Re: The Plot To Bomb The Popes Funeral [Re: Retired]
    #4030064 - 04/08/05 10:47 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:lol: They must have seen this thread.

--------------------

Trip Report

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: The Plot To Bomb The Popes Funeral [Re: Rono]
    #4040776 - 04/11/05 01:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Rono said:
I disagree...it would be just as effective if the pope was alive or dead, since the it would still create the desired effect. Global Outrage.

I actualy think it would be more effective after death because it violates a sanctity that reaches beyond life.

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #4041224 - 04/11/05 03:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have worried about that but quickly laid it to rest. It just was not going to happen. You've got world leaders forom all sides present. A really big attack (like the big guys do it) would alienate the supporters of any terrorist org.

All those orgs need backing in local populations. Say Osama Bin Laden would carry out an attack. He preys on the religiousness of his followers. It's just not done to bomb the Pope funeral just like the US won't bomb Mecca. He'd lose all local support and a "liberation army" without a backing in the local population is regarded as a "terrorist org" even on home soil.

If they had pulled it off "they" (whoever) would likely have used an airliner crash into the crowd in the style of a Vietnam napalm attack. With millions gathered and multiple planes it could've been the worst sudden man-made catastrophe in history. Luckily God had other plans.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Invisiblecubed
Stranger

Re: The Plot To Bomb The Popes Funeral [Re: Asante]
    #4045011 - 04/12/05 11:59 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It wouldn't happen either if it was some GWB or if it was a genuine terrorist thing:

The 'Al Qaeda' lot do not have it in for Catholics - they have it in for America and anyone else who is/has been fucking with their homelands, taking their resources and leaving them robbed.

The USAdmin were mostly present - if they really did organise 9-11 well that was fine, but in this case they would destroy their own leaders. Non-sensical to say the least.
Plus - even if it was somehow possiblwe, GWB is so into the Christian God that he is more of a religious nut then most and this will always hold him back from attacking any genuine Christian magnificence. A few thousand administrators and a couple of towers of glass and steel are a noble sacrifice. The centre of the Catholic universe is holy ground for a man of God.
Plus - Even if it could have been done, it would have unleashed too much too quickly for the USAdmin to retain their dominance of the situation. The USAdmin has just about got it's puppetry secured in the Iraq constabulary, it's companies are on a roll inside the country, the oil has been signed over to US firms as has that of Libya, and Saudi are still in the pocket. Apart from Iran and ongoing casualties and guerilla warfare the US owns all it needs, stirring things up at this point would only complicate matters.
Plus - it would be extremely difficult to get away with. This isn't like the WTC on an average day, this is one of the most guarded events in history.
Plus - as some have pointed out, the pope is well respected even amongst muslims....the potential for backfire and exposure is oo great. The USAdmin run the US and can control cleanup operations, access etc. They do not control the Vatican, Italian investigators and government would not ship the cistine chapel to China as masonary suppliees before anyone could inspect it....they would damnwell check it out and search for the real clues.
Plus - it could backfire amongst the Italians and Europeans, relationships need to be rebuilt some for sheer economics - GWB honouring the occasion is excellent PR. The Italians + Europeans have already backed away from the war on terror and Iraq, - that's ok for the US since the US had what it needed - the support to carry out the initial adventurism amongst the global community, and get away with it. Now they are quite happy to have the occupied territories and spoils of war to themselves. All it requires is a couple of US grunt lives a day....that's ok, minimum collateral compared to the billions of barrels of oil in return. "Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori."

--------------------
booohooohoooohoooo

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion