Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Oyster Shell, Peat, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineClozedeyez20
amature mycologist
Male

shit ton of pins
    #4023969 - 04/07/05 12:31 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

OK, please here me now... I have 2 casings
1. Cased using one 1 pint jar of WBS and cased w/verm Coco Coir
2. Cased using three 1 pint jars of WBS and cased w/verm/coco/peat/oyster/lime. (one of Anno's mixtures)
- I incubated both casings for 4 days
- They were fruited for 10 days before pinning
- I now have a "shit ton" of pins on both casings (that's about 100 white pin heads on EACH casing, in "my" terms :cool:)
- I know that these pins could potentially be mushrooms, but I doubt 100 mushrooms will form. I have been misting about once a day VERY lightly. They are in a martha closet with a ultrasonic attached via ghetto black plastic (welcome to Detroit [yet I'm white]). I fan about 4 times a day and after every fanning I spray the side walls of the casing. I took Agar's advice and filled in the sides wills moist verm. They get a good casing light cycle at 75 degrees.
- NOTHING is wrong (yet) and this is my 4th casing (about) and I just want to get some PRO advice on what I can do to get as MANY of these pins to become full fruits.[/color]
- If they do NOT become full fruits, can I leave them for the second flush (I never seem to have good luck with 2nd flushes)

Thank you to anyone who can give me any input, I'm sorry for being redundant, I just want to be good  :thumbup:.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: shit ton of pins [Re: Clozedeyez20]
    #4024026 - 04/07/05 12:46 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Lots of fresh air...lots and lots and lots and lots and lots...without droppin ghumidity below 85%...and try and do that...get humidity down to 85%. It will aid transpiration (basically the air sucking moisture out of the substrate/casing, through the mushrooms which gets trapped in them, bulking them up...which cant happen in a 99-100% humid environment) and increase your yeild. Don't mist to heavily...water delievery is needed, but KEY not to droawn the pins...they need to breathe. Check out the archieves forum at the top of this one..look in the casing section..theres a water deliver post, and Hyphaes pinning strategy which you should read..along with everything else there of course :smile:

If they dont become fruits, you cant leave them..though theyre will probably be some primordia now that will turn into pins just as your second flush ends..they'll look different from the aborts though..you want to clear the casing pretty much..but its tough and requires time and experience knowing whats dead and whats not..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineClozedeyez20
amature mycologist
Male

Re: shit ton of pins [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4024079 - 04/07/05 01:00 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks man, I really appreciate the thorough information (4 booms 4 you) I will try to keep up what you said, but I probobly won't mist anymore because my spray bottle doesn't make a "mistly mate" type mist, but I will give plenty of air exchange, yet keeping the humidity UP (it's not hard with a martha setup and a ultrasonic). Should I add a little LIME to my water bottle for misting (if I do)? I've heard it's nice and I can figure that for the acidic levels. At this point should I keep the 12/12 hour light cycle or drop it lower to 9 hours light and 15 dark?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4024096 - 04/07/05 01:04 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldnt stop misting if it were me..I'd just hold back from the casing and mist as fine as possible..and dont mist to much. A lack of water is a major cause of aborts..

Acid, cant be handled now, you should have added a long term buffer to the casing when you preped it. Either light cycle will work fine.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineClozedeyez20
amature mycologist
Male

#4024129 - 04/07/05 01:11 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well I added lime and oyster (doesn't oyster count as a "long term buffer"?) I might add some lime to my spray, and if you say to keep misting I WILL DO, I will listen to those who are more experienced no matter how many casings I have done. Thank you for your help. I'm like puddy, I won't argue until I have enough experience, thanks to anyone who has helped me.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4024147 - 04/07/05 01:14 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

DONT add lime to your spray, sorry if I didnt make that clear enough :smile: Hydrated lime will likly burn your shrooms, and limestone, isnt water soluable.

What you did (when you say lime you mean hydrated right) for the casing layer should be fine..short term and long term buffer added.

--------------------

OfflineClozedeyez20
amature mycologist
Male

#4024170 - 04/07/05 01:21 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yea (sorry) I added a 1/10 lime and a 1/10 oyster shell, short term buffers to my mixture... it was what I was recomended and it seems to be workinf well, I just want to be sure this casing can make it through! Thanx for all the help, I'm not stupid with this, I just want to get really good yeilod like anyone else and hopefully people will learn and understand.

If anyone thiks I've been doing good for only  2months and came out with over an ounce so fat (gimme 4 booms)  :cool:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Oyster Shell, Peat, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation