Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekranked
it'smushtastic!!

Prints Or Syringes?
    #4023697 - 04/06/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What does everyone reccomend for a first time grower? Syringes or prints? www.spore-syringe.com/ordering.html Is that site ok? I live in Canada so my options for suppliers are limited. I'de like to attempt to cultivate the B+ strain and was also aware that the particular strain loves birdseed substrates.

Ive looked through many different tutorials, but can anyone recommend a personal favourite. Ive failed to get any cultivation with the pf-teks in the past and Ide like to try this one.

--------------------
"When it went off in New Mexico, that first atomic bomb, we thought of Alfred Nobel and his hope, his vain hope, that dynamite would put an end to all war"

-Robert Oppenheimer 1945

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Prints Or Syringes? [Re: kranked]
    #4023711 - 04/06/05 09:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I would definitely recommend a syringe for a first time. Less chance for mistakes. Good Luck.
Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: Prints Or Syringes? [Re: HippieChick]
    #4023745 - 04/06/05 09:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ya syringe.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#4023746 - 04/06/05 09:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I would recommend buying your spores through a Shroomery sponsor. They're honest and reliable. Plus, some vendors here sell syringes for almost half that price.

You would definitely want to use a syringe instead of a print.

Offlinekranked
it'smushtastic!!

Re: Prints Or Syringes? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4023756 - 04/06/05 09:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Alright so its setteled. Syringe it is. Anyone have any advice for me concerning the birdseed method?

--------------------
"When it went off in New Mexico, that first atomic bomb, we thought of Alfred Nobel and his hope, his vain hope, that dynamite would put an end to all war"

-Robert Oppenheimer 1945

OfflineTokagekobushi
Low RankingPsychonaut

Loc: Blitzed out of my skull
    #4023767 - 04/06/05 09:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Prings are for making syringes anyways, arent they?
You cant very well evenly distribute the spores throughout the cake without the syringe, or opening up the jar and digging little holes for the spores to be dropped in?

So, hehe, yeah, syringe is the best for beginner, unless you want to try your hand first off at making a syringe from a print, in which case, go right ahead, just be careful.

(Good luck man!)

Also, one last thing, I wouldnt reccomend a birdseed cake for beginners, IMHO, PF tek BRF+Verm cakes are the best for beginners to get the hang of things, which gives you the experience needed to expand your skills further.

--------------------
"Mans unfailing capacity to beleive what he prefers to be true, rather than what evidence proves to be likely and possible, has always astounded me. We longe for a caring universe that will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary, we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest doubts. God hasnt been proven not to exist, therefore, he must exist!"

"Einstein would turn over in his grave! Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded."

"Some would ask, Why would a perfect god create a universe that if filled with so much evil. They have missed a greater conumdrum. Why would a perfect god create a universe at all?"

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Re: Prints Or Syringes? [Re: Tokagekobushi]
    #4023861 - 04/06/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

disagree with above. BRF tek i think getting water content is harder then Birdsed plus so slow colinzation, just do a casing. Pf tek would be good to get experience though.

--------------------

Offlineswiftrance
Let there be light

Re: Prints Or Syringes? [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4023911 - 04/06/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i used this tek to get to where i am today. waiting on pins with 6 beautifully colonized casings in a martha :laugh:. it's my first grow but i decided what i was going to do and read as much as possible to do it.

You dont have to start off on wimpy cakes if you dont want to !

From syringe to print using rye
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/26177

this tek wont have all your answers, but its a good boost in the right direction if its what youre looking for.

edit: almost forgot, this is a very well revered method for birdseed substrate http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7921. If you dont believe me checkout his site and the flushes this guy has gotten with this very substrate>>>> INSANE!

and. DONT be afraid to invest in a pressure cooker.. itll probably be the best thing you could do to almost assure success.

--------------------

Edited by swiftrance (04/06/05 10:24 PM)

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: Prints Or Syringes? [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4023917 - 04/06/05 10:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with that. I've had no contams ever using quarts and whole grains, but I have lost plenty of PF jars. Most of them were when I was very new to the hobby, but even more recently I've had a few go green.

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Re: Prints Or Syringes? [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4023935 - 04/06/05 10:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ya i have never had any contams with rye or birdseed. BRF though my jars will get slaughtered.

--------------------

OfflineCody2C
Proud Novice Lvl 2.
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #20683876 - 10/10/14 12:26 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I just did my first batch of jars, 6/8 fully colonized and the other 2 had absolutely nothing happen, all of them pf tek.

--------------------
If you can improve everyday, today is the best you've ever been and the worst you'll ever be.

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Prints Or Syringes? [Re: Tokagekobushi]
    #20683932 - 10/10/14 12:42 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tokagekobushi said:
Prings are for making syringes anyways, arent they?
You cant very well evenly distribute the spores throughout the cake without the syringe, or opening up the jar and digging little holes for the spores to be dropped in?

So, hehe, yeah, syringe is the best for beginner, unless you want to try your hand first off at making a syringe from a print, in which case, go right ahead, just be careful.

(Good luck man!)

Also, one last thing, I wouldnt reccomend a birdseed cake for beginners, IMHO, PF tek BRF+Verm cakes are the best for beginners to get the hang of things, which gives you the experience needed to expand your skills further.

prints are for putting spores on agar. once you start doing grains spore syringes are a waste of time.

If you want to do grains. Use whole oats they are much easier to prep than WBS and are much more forgiving. They are cheaper to. The simplest way to prep them is to simply boil them for 30 to 45 minutes then lay them on a towel to dry.
If you are going to start with grains you may as well start doing agar to. A lot of people will tell you to start with PF and syringes but I didn't and my first grow went great. spawning grains to a bulk substrate is easy and agar is the most useful tool in this hobby. I have hade many successful bulk grows and I have never attempted a BRF grow.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

InvisibleToxicDuck
Burt Macklin - F.B.I.
 User Gallery

Re: Prints Or Syringes? [Re: MudaFuka]
    #20683964 - 10/10/14 12:53 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think  Tokage  is still interested in his 9 year old question, Muda :rofl:.

Don't worry, I thought this was a new post at first too. Then I noticed it got bumped because Cody2C added "I just did my first batch of jars, 6/8 fully colonized and the other 2 had absolutely nothing happen, all of them pf tek." :lol:

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Prints Or Syringes? [Re: ToxicDuck]
    #20684079 - 10/10/14 01:30 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Holly shit that's a really  :oldthread:

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

InvisibleEnigma1
Positive
Male User Gallery

#20684963 - 10/10/14 04:48 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I say you get both. When you move on to agar it's best to have a print. Keep this in mind a single print will make 20+ syringes. I started from print because that's all I could get Thankyou CaptainMa*

OfflineCody2C
Proud Novice Lvl 2.
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #20687206 - 10/11/14 04:39 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

My bad on the old bump! I'm trying to post relevantly with my limited knowledge. Didn't notice the age of this!

--------------------
If you can improve everyday, today is the best you've ever been and the worst you'll ever be.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale