Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PureVPN PureVPN   NordVPN NordVPN   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Skeptical of the Japanese water guy
    #4023082 - 04/06/05 09:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

From you know what the bleep do we know...
guy says that water forms into beautiful holy crystals when you are nice to it...and it forms into ugly ugly frozen crapstals when you are mean to it....

hirohito's water pictures

so how come this guy hasn't published his methods in a scientific journal to allow other scientists to try to recreate his experiment and see if they get the same results?
I mean it seems like a really important discovery if it's true. I don't understand why he wouldn't want to get it certified by the academic community.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Skeptical of the Japanese water guy [Re: question_for_joo]
    #4023267 - 04/06/05 09:46 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

a discovery of that magnitude if in the wrong hands could be used for great evils

Offlinekam
Stranger

Loc: Vermont
Re: Skeptical of the Japanese water guy [Re: fresh313]
    #4023289 - 04/06/05 09:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Seen the movie. I study physics.

I don't doubt supernatural things like this are possible. A lot more stuff is going on than we humans claim to know about. However, I wouldn't believe shit that guy says unless he has an actual scientific study to prove it.

What annoys me about that movie is that they give all these great philosophical ideas, based on scientific theory, but they don't give us any actual evidence that their ideas may be true. They just say, "Yeah, and this is what's happening. Isn't it neat!!" Even for the parts that have sound theory (where there is evidence they could use), they don't use it.

Bah humbug.

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
    #4023291 - 04/06/05 09:51 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I don't understand why he wouldn't want to get it certified by the academic community.
Perhaps it is not really important for him to get it "certified"....  He presented his ideas, and for that, he has planted a "seed"....  What difference would it make to "him" if it was "certified" if he knew it was a "truth" to him....?    :heart:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

InvisibleDieCommie
    #4023293 - 04/06/05 09:52 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:
I don't understand why he wouldn't want to get it certified by the academic community.

You don't?  :lol:

#4023309 - 04/06/05 09:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

well the thing is he's already said what's what, he saying here's what we do, and here's the result.

the here's what we do part is put a piece of scotch tape on a jar of water and write whatever you want on it. if you write something good like 'love' or 'thank you' the water will now crystalize into a beautiful shape....
What he isn't anxious to reveal is how is he getting the water to crystalize? It involves lab equipment I think, he isn't just putting droplets on a glass slide and stickin em outside the front door in January.

there's no danger in any of this.. what? is dr. evil going to get a research facility and tape "hate" to a thousand gallon jugs of water and make lots of photographs of ugly water crystals. oh no!

I'm just saying if it's for real then reveal the exact methods of the crystalization procedure and let others attempt to reproduce your experiment..

--------------------

DivineeMotive....

#4023330 - 04/06/05 09:58 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

From what i remember of the movie, it wasn't just a matter of taping the paper with the words on it, it was just a label for the intentions he directed towards the water thru meditation....    Sounds sound to me....  :wink:

--------------------

Re: Skeptical of the Japanese water guy [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4023335 - 04/06/05 10:00 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

eMotionALLmotion said:
Perhaps it is not really important for him to get it "certified"....  He presented his ideas, and for that, he has planted a "seed"....  What difference would it make to "him" if it was "certified" if he knew it was a "truth" to him....?    :heart:

Well maybe that's right but if so then he's selfish for discovering something so important and not letting anyone else attempt to verify it for themselves.  That'd be like Pasteur saying hey I just figured out how to make milk safe to drink and I'll give you some bottles from my personal stash but nyah nyah nyah I ain't tellin you what I do.

--------------------

#4023348 - 04/06/05 10:03 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

eMotionALLmotion said:
From what i remember of the movie, it wasn't just a matter of taping the paper with the words on it, it was just a label for the intentions he directed towards the water thru meditation....    Sounds sound to me....  :wink:

Ok fine, well that can be done too, Buddhist monks offering prayers to dams and all that good stuff, but it still doesn't change the fact that there's something fishy about him just making a book and not publishing in a respected journal...

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4023384 - 04/06/05 10:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

eMotionALLmotion said:

That's cool. For him. But he's sharing it with us and saying this is real.

How do we know if he's telling us a truth or trying to sell us a story? :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Skeptical of the Japanese water guy [Re: Icelander]
    #4023413 - 04/06/05 10:22 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

the only good jap ... is a jap thats been dead for six months ... we want to make all japs ... good japs.

DivineeMotive....

#4023478 - 04/06/05 10:42 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

question_for_joo,  If anyone wants to hear his message on how he has done this, they will seek him out - or his book if he has written one....  If he "publishes" it in a journal, it would most likely envoke all the doubters to heckle and discount what they do not understand themselves in fear of the "unknown"....?
Icelander,  What if it is just a story....?    If it is, no one gets hurt by believing that "potitive intentions" create beauty naturally....  Just assume it IS a story, and perhaps try to see the essence of the meaning behind his freely presented ideas....?
fresh313 said:  "the only good jap ... is a jap thats been dead for six months ... we want to make all japs ... good japs."
Pretty unhealthy way of seeing people you may not "know"....?  That is your choice I guess....  :shrug: 
Question....  In your eyes, what makes the "Japs" "not good"....?  What is it that makes someone "good", or not "good"....?  Is it the intentions they think towards people they don't "know"....?      :wink:   

:sun:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4023550 - 04/06/05 10:58 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well, one potential problem with that would be if he turned out to be making it up than the message could take a pretty big hit over it.

It's a nice message for sure, and I am a full believer in the power of Love and positive thought.

I'm just a little suspicious of people who get a lot of media attention over this message. It won't be the first time someone really just wanted some ego attention. I'm not saying he is. But for all I know he could be.

For instance in the supplement section of our store we are selling structured water. It's supposed to be based on his theory. They used his name in their sales pitch. The ingredients listed as water. Cost $29.95. One of the other buyers took their word for it. I complained that our product standards dictate we check out products with third party lab  analysis. Now we are asking them to provide proof of their claims so our customers who trust us are not ripped off by a snake oil salesman.

Thats what I'm asking. If they have the proof then everythings ok. :heart:

--------------------

DivineeMotive....

#4023577 - 04/06/05 11:09 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'm just a little suspicious of people who get a lot of media attention over this message. It won't be the first time someone really just wanted some ego attention. I'm not saying he is. But for all I know he could be.
I don't really watch the media, but your first post was saying the he DIDN'T get published in journals - thus making it non-media attention driven....?    As for the water being sold, I have no idea....  Have you drank any and tested it for yourself to see if it makes a difference....?  That would be better than any lab analysis, see if it works for you....?  :heart:

I had never heard of any of this till I watched the movie last Sunday night....    All this stuff you are typing about the water for sale is new news to me....    :heart:

--------------------

DivineeMotive....

#4023585 - 04/06/05 11:10 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

CORRECTION, it was Question for joo that said it was not published info....  My bad....  :grin:    :heart:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4023595 - 04/06/05 11:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't say anything about being published in journals, that was someone else. I just would like more than his word on it.

Yes I did try the water. I drank a half a bottle of it. I felt nothing at all. I try to use all the products as I am a supplements buyer. But not everyone feels everything the same or could even tell if they were already healthy or even a little numb to their :heart: body. That's why 3rd party lab analysis is important. It tells us at least what they say is in the product is in there.

--------------------

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#4023616 - 04/06/05 11:20 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

emotionismotion, its a qoute from a pacific admiral in WW II, everyone cheered when he said it  :shrug:    :wink:

DivineeMotive....

#4023695 - 04/06/05 11:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Yes I did try the water. I drank a half a bottle of it. I felt nothing at all. I try to use all the products as I am a supplements buyer. But not everyone feels everything the same or could even tell if they were already healthy or even a little numb to their :heart: body. That's why 3rd party lab analysis is important. It tells us at least what they say is in the product is in there.

Perhaps, it is sold as a "power of suggestion" tool....?  *Some* people will buy into a fact that if it is more expensive, it MUST work....  Perhaps if it did nothing for you, you are already happy with positive intentions....?  :shrug:
Quote:

fresh313 said:
emotionismotion, its a qoute from a pacific admiral in WW II, everyone cheered when he said it  :shrug:    :wink:

Really...!?  When I made this name, it just popped into my head because of some stuff I was writing at the time....  I hope people don't think I was plagurising again....!?  I have been told in the past that I have, with some of the stuff I have written here before....  The ideas did just come to me - and I do credit people if I am quoting someone elses words....    Who was the Admiral that said this....?    :heart:

--------------------

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#4023785 - 04/06/05 11:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

-admiral halsey

"We want to get the hell over there. The quicker we clean up this Goddamned mess, the quicker we can take a little jaunt against the purple pissing Japs and clean out their nest, too. Before the Goddamned Marines get all of the credit."
-General George S. Patton

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4023799 - 04/06/05 11:59 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Perhaps, it is sold as a "power of suggestion" tool....? *Some* people will buy into a fact that if it is more expensive, it MUST work.... Perhaps if it did nothing for you, you are already happy with positive intentions....?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Perhaps, perhaps. You seem a little invested in defending this guy. No offense. If it is sold as a "power of suggestion tool" they need to say it. Otherwise IMO they are crooks out to bilk an unsuspecting public. It's a shame to see my industry going more and more that way. It is though, once again money corrupts. A lot of people are being ripped off when we should be trying to help each other.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PureVPN PureVPN   NordVPN NordVPN   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology