Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Do shrooms deplete seratonin (or any physical changes)?
    #4022570 - 04/06/05 07:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Btw, I read the FAQ, and it didn't answer my question entirely. The other thread probably shows it, but it's like 10 pages long and I just need a brief answer.

I tried 2g of shrooms with my friend, and we both really loved it (we also became a lot closer friends). I told him we should try a larger dose.. like 2.5 - 3g. He got really reluctant to do it a lot more/more frequently because he said he laughed so hard he cried, and then in the morning he felt emo and sad. he figured it might be like ecstacy and depleting seratonin or something - thats why he was so happy and then in a blah mood the next day.

I told him he probably doesn't have to worry, but i wanted to make sure nothing like this is actually happening. I see his point about how your brain could be changing its use of chemicals.

Thanks  :rasta:

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Edited by Warped (04/06/05 07:31 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Do shrooms deplete seratonin (or any physical changes)? [Re: Limelight]
    #4022591 - 04/06/05 07:33 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery :sun:!

They won't cause any changes really, I feel they sort of "rest the switches" in your mind. Like they burn up all the negatives and make you feel really peaceful. It's best you space your trips out by 2 weeks or so. However, they do not deplete you like MDMA, no worries :cool:.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#4022608 - 04/06/05 07:36 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

mushrooms can make your head explode......................... :microwave:

that was on like page five of the thread you were too lazy to read. careful.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Do shrooms deplete seratonin (or any physical changes)? [Re: gdman]
    #4022649 - 04/06/05 07:48 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
Welcome to the shroomery :sun:!

They won't cause any changes really, I feel they sort of "rest the switches" in your mind. Like they burn up all the negatives and make you feel really peaceful. It's best you space your trips out by 2 weeks or so. However, they do not deplete you like MDMA, no worries :cool:.

Thanks man :thumbup:

If you did it every two weeks for a long time, do you think you'd feel any different mentally (in a worse way)?

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#4022662 - 04/06/05 07:52 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

It can definitely give you a whole new perspective on things, and that will change the way you think and act. You're never really the same person when you come back. Nothing to worry about, changes will most likely be minimal if used infrequently

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#4022672 - 04/06/05 07:55 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

However, keep in mind, we are always changing. Can you honestly say you have never changed? Change is good.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#4023182 - 04/06/05 09:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

This is just me...but I think once every 2 weeks is a bit much.  Take the time to soak up your last trip.  Just enjoy life and some good herb for a month or so.

I feel that if you do it every 2 weeks...it could lose its value.  Mushrooms can be used as a great tool for looking into ones life and bringing your self back to nature.  Dont dull the blade man.  Keep it sharp!  Trip every couple of months.  :cool: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :cool:

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Do shrooms deplete seratonin (or any physical changes)? [Re: Toddo]
    #4023216 - 04/06/05 09:32 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, of course, I'm saying you CAN do it that often. You really only should do them as often as you need. You'll know when it's time again. Especially if you dose higher, you should take time to reflect on your experience.

Best of luck to ya :smile:.

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#4023258 - 04/06/05 09:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Haha, this is exactly what I was just posting on in the Pub

Something like SHROOMS, which have been eaten for years and years and years, still make people uncomfortable because they worry about health issues all the time.

God..fuck propaganda. It's such a terrible thing to lay on your citizens. This is all dirty drug lies' fault.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#4024593 - 04/07/05 03:07 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
However, keep in mind, we are always changing. Can you honestly say you have never changed? Change is good.

change is the inevitable consequence of time, as is life. Life is time is change is yes :P :spliff:

--------------------

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: Do shrooms deplete seratonin (or any physical changes)? [Re: jux]
    #4024955 - 04/07/05 05:55 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

mushrooms do not deplete serotonin. however, view them as a sacrament. you are touching something holy and sacred when you enter the headspace mushrooms bring you to. if you do them too often, you are effectively desecrating them.

of course, you might not see mushrooms in the same way. believe you me, it doesn't matter. your mind can start becoming stressed out from all the psychedelic expeditions you take it on, so give it at least 4 weeks, and enough rest that you feel you have fully integrated your last experience.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Do shrooms deplete seratonin (or any physical changes)? [Re: Toddo]
    #4025626 - 04/07/05 12:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Toddo said:
This is just me...but I think once every 2 weeks is a bit much.  Take the time to soak up your last trip.  Just enjoy life and some good herb for a month or so.

I feel that if you do it every 2 weeks...it could lose its value.  Mushrooms can be used as a great tool for looking into ones life and bringing your self back to nature.  Dont dull the blade man.  Keep it sharp!  Trip every couple of months.  :cool: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :cool:

Yes exactly!

I think that your brain may need the next day to return to normal functions, but it is NOTHING like the kind of damage/repair after MDMA which can take up to six months to return to normal!

The reason your friend felt depressed the next day is because it was his first time feeling that good! I used to get depressed the next day because I new that I would never be that happy again without shrooms. But that was way in the beginning of my tripping career.

Now I feel great the next day because I've learned to not cling to ephemeral sensations! Especially if I'm still tripping by the time the sun comes up! IT'S A NEW DAY!!

I have fond memories of waking up on my friends apartment floor after tripping, with no blankets or pillows, a stiff back, and a new outlook on life...

God Bless,

Dr0mni

p.s. Do a whole 1/8th your next time. I think 3.5g is MINIMUM if I want to have anything more than a body buzz and a few colorful, shifting visuals... But at that point it gets risky as well, quite perilous...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience