Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
How do you guys keep your casing mix sterilized for patching?
    #4022223 - 04/06/05 06:09 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

I am going to be casing this weekend and was a little concerned about keeping my leftover casing mix for patching sterilized. Any ideas? I though about keeping some 50/50+ casing mix in 2-3 1/2 pint jars and putting them into a PC. I'll use them as needed for patching and throw out what is not used.

I would prefer not to have to buy more 1/2 pint jars, as there only sold in 12's where I've seen. Is contamination as big a concern when patching? If I'm only dipping into a small amount of sterilized casing mix in a Tupperware container for patching, do you think I would be okay using the same mix several times?

Searches provided nothing on this specific topic. I searched for over an hour and nobody addressed this.

I really appreciate any help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: How do you guys keep your casing mix sterilized for patching? [Re: Wronguy]
    #4022240 - 04/06/05 06:12 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

to tell u the truth i wouldnt bother to sterilize patching mix thats very extensive but u could always rather be safe than sorry

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #4022267 - 04/06/05 06:19 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

nuke in tuppeware... use as needed...

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How do you guys keep your casing mix sterilized for patching? [Re: dobinky]
    #4022301 - 04/06/05 06:29 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

I fill up quarts and do a few runs, 10 quarts at a time..flip the lid so rubberside is up and it doesnt seal and PC at 15 PSI for 30 minutes (more isnt needed since its non nutritious). Then you just open a jar as needed. If I only use a bit of a jar to patch a casing, it just gets closed back up and used next when I need it. I go through like 20 quarts of casing mix a week at least though so it doesnt sit very long. The unopen jars sit for a while sometimes.

This is covered, every now and then..but there arent posts dedicated to it so it would have been more difficult to find on a search.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How do you guys keep your casing mix sterilized for patching? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4022398 - 04/06/05 06:49 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Thanks for the help people. Scatmanrav, you've got to give me a break here. You were on me earlier about searching for something that I couldn't find. I truly will never post on this forum if I can find it within a 1 hour search. If it takes longer than an hour, I post. I can tell you that I have probably dedicated more than 80 hours of searching and reading on this forum so I didn't have to post.

The bottom line is that the threads posted here do not cover everything. Some things truly require individualized, up to date, answers.

I shouldn't feel that I can't post on this forum unless I've exhausted countless hours of searching and reading. The basic stuff is covered, but someone always leaves behind questions, that must be answered from the experience of the members on this forum.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4022491 - 04/06/05 07:10 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Did you read my last reply in that thread? You obviously dont know the ins and outs of searching. Why cant you remain open minded about this and accept my help? Wow, 80 hours? I've probably spent over 8,000 hours reading and searching on this site..dont you think I might know a little something on how to search that you could learn from me? In your other post I first answered your question, and told you you couldhave searched (if you go back and find the post, I sumarrized all this in a final reply) and found it, and how you could have searched and found it. And explained to you about the google search, which you also obviously had no idea about from your reply (check the other thread).

And in this thread, all I did was answer your question and then state that in this case, I could believe that you wouldnt find an answer. As you said, there are many things that need experience from members and up to date responses. However...will store bought compost or shit work...is asked as often as do I need hay or straw and other such questions that are asked daily. I had been posting on a thread reguarding JUST that topic for a day and a half before your post, and your post was the one I looked at RIGHT after, meaning it was right above. Thats what made me respond to you how I did.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4022499 - 04/06/05 07:11 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

he was actually giving u the fact that it wasnt a searchable topic lol jus chill man we're all family up in the forums

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How do you guys keep your casing mix sterilized for patching? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4022522 - 04/06/05 07:16 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

I think he just takes my very short snaps and sarcasim as a personal thing. Its an impression that many people get when you read what I type, instead of hearing me say it. Thats why my signature says what it says.

--------------------

Offlinejamsandwich
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Re: How do you guys keep your casing mix sterilized for patching? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4022555 - 04/06/05 07:24 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

yeah, many people here are really anal about posting stuff that could be searched. Well, in case you haven't noticed there has never been a stop in noob questioning. Just don't answer them if they are noob questions, all the negative comments are really starting to piss me off. If this truly is a 'community' or 'family' we should start acting like one.

--------------------
8 years now! lol

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How do you guys keep your casing mix sterilized for patching? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4022561 - 04/06/05 07:25 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
I think he just takes my very short snaps and sarcasim as a personal thing. Its an impression that many people get when you read what I type, instead of hearing me say it. Thats why my signature says what it says.

I'm not taking it personally, I assure you. I will take what you said as a learning experience and spend a little more time searching before I post next time. As far as the 80 hours is concerned, I've only been a member for 30 days man. Give some time and I'll triple that number.

I have a mind for science and will definitely retain this knowledge fairly quickly, so my posts will diminish over time. Keep helping out us newbies Scatmanrav and maybe we'll give you some advice someday. It's all good.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4022595 - 04/06/05 07:33 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

once again he didnt criticize u for posting this lol.....

--------------------

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #4022624 - 04/06/05 07:40 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

lordoftheshroomz said:

Not on this post he didn't. I guess I was carrying over my frustration from another post that he slammed me on earlier today. I'm over it, it's all good. Let's move on shall we.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4022626 - 04/06/05 07:41 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

lordoftheshroomz said:

Yeah he doesnt seem to get this.

The point isnt, how many hours youve spent here...the point is...I tryed showing you some search functions in the other thread that you obviously didnt know about. You've only been here for 80 hours, 30 days whatever, the point is YOU DIDNT KNOW ABOUT IT. So what should I stop telling people things that I know they'll SOMEDAY get?

Shit it took me a hell of alot more then 80 hours of searching using the "search Posts" function before someone told me about the google search and explained it as I did to you. I wish someone had done it for me in the begining.

No ones getting down on you newbies about not searching, were trying to make you understand that the search is a GREAT tool once you learn how to use it. Discussions have been carried on for many many long posts and are available at your fingertips. These posts are not to "stop newbie questions" but to teach newbies how to not be newbies anymore.

Ya'll are being to closeminded for me...if this post didnt make you understand I'm done typing about this topic.

--------------------

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
    #4022819 - 04/06/05 08:26 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Just keep your patch mix dry...I pasturize mine once then throw it in a big tray with a cover on it, dries out quick and absolutely no cunt hams.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: How do you guys keep your casing mix sterilized for patching? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4022854 - 04/06/05 08:33 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

kronnyQ said:
cunt hams.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #4023227 - 04/06/05 09:34 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
No ones getting down on you newbies about not searching, were trying to make you understand that the search is a GREAT tool once you learn how to use it. Discussions have been carried on for many many long posts and are available at your fingertips. These posts are not to "stop newbie questions" but to teach newbies how to not be newbies anymore.

I think we all get the point. Bottom line is I appreciate all the help I can get. That includes criticism as well. Thanks again.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation