Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewecontrolsweetfreedom
mike

Loc: hardees
at what rate does psilocybin oxydize? please
    #4019072 - 04/05/05 08:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have a question... at what rate does psilocybin oxydize? i am asking because i just got busted with the mushroom shake that was a few monthes old and just sitting in a plastic bag on my desk... the shake got sent to the lab for testing and it is also taking a few monthes.... i was wondering if there is a chance it could decompose and i wouldn't get charged/maybe get charged with less... it was about 0.2 grams of shake... does anyone know how the lab testing works? anyone have experience with this?

--------------------
everyday's a saturday my friend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: at what rate does psilocybin oxydize? please [Re: wecontrolsweetfreedom]
    #4019091 - 04/05/05 08:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Highly traceable amounts of psilocybin stay active in dried mushroom products close to forever. Sorry to say, this doesn't look good for you.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4019100 - 04/05/05 08:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

it doesnt break down fast enough to prevent detection, the thing that will keep you from recieving charges will be that they have no clue what they're testing
the test methods varry depending on what they're looking for, I'm curious, was
the reason for the search/bust a probation check?

OfflineRocStrongo
Stranger
Re: at what rate does psilocybin oxydize? please [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4019129 - 04/05/05 08:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Getting caught for stuff like this really sucks. I got caught drinking in public the other day, probably not as serious but still ruins a great buzz. I'm sure you've looked into it and what are the consequences of 'shroom shake' possession where your from?

mike

Re: at what rate does psilocybin oxydize? please [Re: RocStrongo]
    #4021280 - 04/06/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

no, no probation check... i was in college in asheville and my roomie made a sarcastic comment that he had a gun... police came looking for a gun and found some of his shrooms, then tore the rest of the room apart and found some of mine... sucks... probably looking at felony charges... lawyer's talking to the DA about bumping it down to mindemenor... hopefull it will work out. i live in NC..... does anyone know about when they test shrooms in the lab if the results specify the weight of the entire amount of shake, or the amount of psilocybin found... or something else?

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4021319 - 04/06/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Just as a heads up...I believe it was Vermont..there was a mushroom bust the guy got caught with over 400 chocolates or some such. They sent them to the lab and they tested positive...however the DA (or some layer trying to convict him) was pissed, because in that state...a felony is over 10 doses..but because of the nature of mushrooms and different species varying it potency so much, the toxicolgists could never set a definate amount for a "dose". They couldnt say he had over 10 doses and so couldnt charge him with a felony. I dont know if this would be true nation wide or just in that state..I just came across the story on "mjshroomer"s site..if you PM about more info on the story, I'm KNOW you could get it and have your lawyer look into this.

Either way, its such a small amount, I doubt very highly that you can be charged with a felony...or that you'll get more then probation, probably not even a guilty (just continuation without retribution) if this is your first offense. Probably some heafty fines and maybe drug testing...though they dont normally drug test for shrooms and I believes its difficult and expensive and doesnt last long..so maybe not.

Either way, good luck!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinejamsandwich
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: at what rate does psilocybin oxydize? please [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4021329 - 04/06/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

a bag of shake = felony? that is seriously fucked up. good luck

--------------------
8 years now! lol

OfflineAeolus1369
Dr. Seahorse
Male

#4021484 - 04/06/05 12:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Also, regretably, the tests will probably detect the oxidized by-products of psilocin which are chemically very similar. Good luck!

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
Re: at what rate does psilocybin oxydize? please [Re: Aeolus1369]
    #4021586 - 04/06/05 12:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Great post Scatmanray! i love hearing about crap like that. an added(and off topic) antidote is,

If you ever get pulled over for a DUI, don't take the Breathalyzer, until you think you will pass(AS LONG AS IT TAKES). A great stalling tactic is to claim you don't understand! Make them explain everything until they are blue in the face, then twice more! The key is to NEVER refuse to take the Breathalyzer, ('refusing' is an automatic suspension of your license).

It's not that you won't take it, you just don't understand! (it might hurt you! you don't understand!) Never answer with a 'yes' or 'no' these are very powerful 'legal statements'. You cannot answer 'No' if they ask you to take the test (No = refusal). If they demonstrate, try not to pay attention, Act like Forest Gump!

A good lawyer will get you off, as long as you never refuse to take the test. They never got a BAC, and you never refused there test!

You gotta love when criminal law is too ambiguous!

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

OfflineHambo
Limey

Loc: UK
Re: at what rate does psilocybin oxydize? please [Re: Dexter_Morgan]
    #4021737 - 04/06/05 01:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Of course a more sensible/sane solution would be not to 'DUI'. Personally, I'd rather police were more able to take drunks off the road than not.. certainly more so than harassing some poor git not doing any harm with a tiny bit of shroomage.

--------------------

mike

Re: at what rate does psilocybin oxydize? please [Re: Hambo]
    #4023579 - 04/06/05 09:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

good post ShroomDr... sounds like a resonable delay... and also, for scatmanrav, that is vermont, and that was probably a few years ago... in North Carolina, ANY Amount of shroooms is a felony--says the law... same with cocaine... a few yrs ago it was like if you had under a gram of coke, it was misdemenor, and something smilar with shrooms... fuckers changed it to complete bullshit though. pretty wacky if you ask me... i like the postsd i'm reading, though.. any more advice?

--------------------

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4023759 - 04/06/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Have you actually admitted that the shroom powder was yours? The less you and your friend told the cops, the better off you are right now. Since the raid was your friends fault, and he got caught with most of the shrooms, maybe you could get him to claim that the shake was his also and you could offer to pay part of his legal bills or something. If I were him, I would definitely take all the responsibility and save my friend's ass. He wont get in any more trouble and you could get off.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order