Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: 10cc Syringe

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Buying compost at a gardening store?
    #4021126 - 04/06/05 12:25 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

I've searched all around the Shroomery and could not find a straight answer to this. Can you buy compost from a gardening store and then go from there adding straw and lime? If so, what brands are recommended or not recommended?

I have one more syringe of B+ and wanted to do a bulk substrate to experiment with. It looks fairly easy, but I'm sure it's work. Ultimately what I want to do is have a fairly large yield from one container. Can one 10cc syringe of B+ be used for this type of application? Is contamination a major concern on this type of application?

I hope it's as easy as buying a bag from my local O'Tooles' or Home Depot.

Any links to some recipes using store bought compost? Thanks for any help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Buying compost at a gardening store? [Re: Wronguy]
    #4021144 - 04/06/05 12:32 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

You didnt search very hard..use the google search for the site. There is tons of info about store bought shit...being shit. It can work..but will likly give you very poor yeilds. Will definatly give you poor yeilds compared to the shit you find in a field. If you want to know why, just do a search...I know for a fact theres tons on this..theres a thread going right now I just responded to a few minutes ago in fact..meaning I know you didnt even look at the topics on the first page..let alone do a good search.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisiblePawPaw
Picktish TexasStyle....

Loc: was born down in the sout...
Re: Buying compost at a gardening store? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4021154 - 04/06/05 12:37 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

I have a friend who is getting me a website up so i can sell horse compost...who knows i might be the Shroomerys next sponsor

--------------------
Come to Paw Paws place there will be no sleeping tonight

Eric just wants to catch reds ..
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s right on your trail
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s just a step away from hell
WDYWFM?

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Buying compost at a gardening store? [Re: PawPaw]
    #4021539 - 04/06/05 02:14 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Don't tell me that I didn't search, because I did. I did not do a search on Google because I wanted to get the information directly from the Shroomery. Doing a search for buying compost, not just compost, brings up results for everything but store buying compost.

You answered my question though. I'm sorry I wasted your time.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Buying compost at a gardening store? [Re: Wronguy]
    #4021907 - 04/06/05 04:25 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

>I did not do a search on Google because I wanted to get the information directly from the Shroomery

Which once again tells me you did not do a search HARD, since the google engine I refered to on the search page searches only the shroomery.. Doesnt really mater if you run a half assed search now does it? If you go to the search page here:

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3168

You will see there is a Google search engine FOR the shroomery site that will search only here...getting your answer directly from shroomery, as you want it.

The google search engine is much better then the shroomery one above it, on the same page. And better then the search posts...but even if you did that here:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/search.php?Cat=0

and search for "store bought compost" with no quotes:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/dosearch.php

Results 1 - 25 of 728 (most relevant first). And that was only because I only searched for posts from the last month..expand the search to a year:

Results 1 - 25 of 1000 (most relevant first)

There was more then enough information on this, and just about any other question you could think to ask on the shroomery. And it can be found if you learn to utilize the search engines.

And dont give me an attitude just because I'm trying to learn you something there buddy. I mean you search for buying compost and then think to yourself...hmm "it mentioned nothing of buying compost in a store" and you dont then think to yourself maybe if I add the keyword "store" that will help?

:rolleyes: :penis:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: 10cc Syringe

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation