Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineclosetgrower
Stranger

wet substrate
    #4020901 - 04/06/05 09:21 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

I have an experimental jar of horse poo that is stalled at about 60% colinazation. I think that this happened because theres to much water in the mix. ? I want to mix some verm w/ poo to soak up moisture, whats the best way to sterilize it? i don't want to add water to it first for obviose reasons. i read that the micro-wave will fry it if its not wet. is oven or pc safe?
oh yea, does anyone have a better idea? thax

--------------------
Into this house we're born, into this world we're thrown.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: wet substrate [Re: closetgrower]
    #4020913 - 04/06/05 09:24 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Did you sterilize it to begin with? You cant mix in anything then. You need pasteurized poo, mixed with pasteurized poo, to not contam. Or if you do PC poo, it needs to be kept sealed and sterile...treat it just like you would grains, would you pop open a jar thats 60% done of WBS or whatever you use and mix it with some new stuff? I sure hope not..

Even if both sets of poo were pasteurized, I'm not sure how good of an idea it would be to mix in more poo, thats drier, to try and change water content..when its started colonizing already.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineclosetgrower
Stranger

Re: wet substrate [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4020964 - 04/06/05 09:37 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

the jar was pc'd to begin with.
the only reason i plan to open it is i thought it a better alternative to thowing it away. it hasn't grown in over a weak and is obviosly due to moisture. could i use a dicitant to draw out the moisture, therefore not opening the jar.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4020997 - 04/06/05 09:47 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

I dont know what a dicitant is..oh maybe you mean desiccant? Thats how you spell it (yes, with two c's) and its said DES-A-CANT. That wouldnt draw out the moisture like you want though though and you'd probably have to open the jar.

It will be better to just toss the jar, rather then to open it, and keep it and cultivate a mold spreading spores around your house making you and your grow sick...just my opinion of course..you can try it..though I'd pasteurize the new stuff you want to mix with the old stuff if I HAD to try this out..and mix it in a sterile enviroment like a glovebox, seal well...you COULD get lucky. Its just not worth it to myself, to chance ruining all my good stuff I have with an experiment thats likly to end in mold..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlineclosetgrower
Stranger

#4021013 - 04/06/05 09:52 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

thanx for the input scat. I'll bow to you'r wisdom  :penis: and throw it away. on a unrelated manner, does anyone want to help me figure out how to put a pic. on my avatar? help!

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4021030 - 04/06/05 09:57 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Do you have the picture you want uploaded into your shroomery gallery? If not, do that...and then on the Thumbnail view of your pictures (MY PICS can be found at the very lop left of this page) below the picture there are options like share, delete, remark...and Avatar...you just click that.

--------------------

Offlineclosetgrower
Stranger

#4021061 - 04/06/05 10:07 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

on every pic. i try it only says picture must be less than 200 kb. how do i get around this?

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4021113 - 04/06/05 10:20 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

You dont, unless you buy a supporter account for the shroomery. The upload limit is 200kb. Resize your picture in Paint down to 75%, 50% or whatever...75% works fine for me. That will shrink the size of the file...get it under 200k..you dont need an avatar that big anyway...almost all of my pictures I post are around 70k or less..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale