Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemindless_poet11
Stranger
New time tripper here!!!
    #4018359 - 04/05/05 07:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

hey everyone, i really wanna try shrooms but yet, kinda afraid of what is going to happen. Ive been reading a lot about them and they sound fun. I was thinking about taking a little bit for my first time just to see what it is like. Then for a second time i would take more. I smoke a lot, and i was wondering if it was like the high off of weed at all? Please help me out here. Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: New time tripper here!!! [Re: mindless_poet11]
    #4018402 - 04/05/05 07:39 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hey man!  Welcome to the Shroomery!  If you're thinking about doing mushrooms, you should do all the reading you possibly can!  Research away.  The  Tripper's FAQ is a fantastic place to start (if you haven't taken a look at it already).  It has all sorts of info you might want to read before you decide to put shrooms into your body.  Make sure you pay special attention to details of dose, set, and setting! 

As for weed combined with shrooms...it's really a matter of opinion.  I would try the mushies without the weed for your first time, or maybe just smoke when you're coming down.  Some people (like me) find that shrooms and weed synergize very well, but others prefer just the bright clarity of the mushroom.  It really depends on what you are comfortable with. 

Good luck.  If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.  :heart:  :mushroom2: :thumbup: :grin:

Edited by EllemyshShade (04/05/05 07:40 PM)

OfflineKodath
strangerThan

Re: New time tripper here!!! [Re: MOTH]
    #4018496 - 04/05/05 08:12 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

It's not much like the high you get from weed, and it's a little different for everyone. There's nothing to be scared of really, but starting with a lower dose is always a good idea. Like Ellemy said do as much reading on it as you can.

Setting and frame of mind are probably the most important factors in a psychedelic trip. On your first trip just make sure you're somewhere comfortable, don't do it if there's a chance of being caught by parents or things like that.

--------------------

Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: New time tripper here!!! [Re: Kodath]
    #4019548 - 04/06/05 12:32 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Weed high and shroom tripping are NOTHING AT ALL alike. In any way. Whatsoever.

With that in mind, don't approach it like you would when you want to get really high. If you're smoking weed, you wait for the parents (if you live with them) to go to bed, smoke, play music, watch some tv. Chill. It's okay as long as you keep quite, right?

With shrooms you're going to want to be in a place where you have the freedom to break down and start crying, or yell joyous expressions at the top of your lungs. You will want to explore your environment, or your mind. Watching TV won't be the coolest thing to do, unless there happens to be something on that you can get into.

Anyways. Have fun, but don't take the shrooms lightly! So many people don't understand what they are taking on when they start tripping...

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: New time tripper here!!! [Re: dr0mni]
    #4020076 - 04/06/05 03:18 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dr0mni said:
Weed high and shroom tripping are NOTHING AT ALL alike. In any way. Whatsoever.

I disagree. Shrooms are a hallucinogen and weed is a hallucinogen. You can trip on weed just like you can on shrooms. The visuals are less intense, but the spiritual nature of the trip can be very similar.

Weed's a funny plant. It can cause different effects in different people. To some it is an upper. To some it is a downer. To most it is a mild, mellow hallucinogen.

Weed and shrooms are different, yes, but they are more alike than you may think.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: New time tripper here!!! [Re: Rose]
    #4021096 - 04/06/05 12:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The only similarity that I feel between weed and shrooms is that when I smoke weed now it kicks up my HPPD (Hallucinogen Perception Persisting Disorder... aka permatrip, flashbacks, etc)

Weed makes you real relaxed and absent minded, and you have a very short attention span that lasts only a few seconds. Shrooms make you real anxious and kinda tense while comming up, everything is extremely lucid and clear (not like pot at all), and you still have a short attention span, but it's because it seems like you are experiancing bizarre time distortions that are not like the ones on pot, where everything just seems slow.

They do have similarities, but when a first time tripper asks if the high is like weed, NO. Do not expect anything like weed, it is WAY different.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: New time tripper here!!! [Re: dr0mni]
    #4021712 - 04/06/05 03:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Weed is like maginifying your senses times 10
Shrooms are like times 1000

They both bring you closer to yourself and turn on your senses.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience