Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinestvip
Strange stranger
Loc: Israel
When to harvest morning glory seeds
    #4017857 - 04/05/05 04:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I have a morning glory vine that is about to set flowers - which leads to the question, how long should I allow the developing seeds to mature prior to harvesting? (assuming I want fully mature seeds)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: When to harvest morning glory seeds [Re: stvip]
    #4018149 - 04/05/05 06:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

when the seed pods turn dark brown and crispy, just hold a cup under the pods with one hand, and with the other hand crumble the pods, the pods should be weak and thin and should have very little effort in crumbling them, if there hard, there not ready to harvest.

pods come after the flowers are gone.

..on another note, i thought i heard that when there not ripe, when the pods are not crispy or really brown, that is when the seeds are best, i have'nt tested this out nor known anyone who sees this as fact, but you might like to know.

anyways, what kind of morning glory you got?

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: When to harvest morning glory seeds [Re: stvip]
    #4018155 - 04/05/05 06:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

For fully mature (viable) seeds, allow the seedpods to become light brown and crispy.
I have no experience (ingested) with the unmatured kind, but a small attempt at planting them failed miserably.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Offlinestvip
Strange stranger
Loc: Israel
Re: When to harvest morning glory seeds [Re: JCoke]
    #4020356 - 04/06/05 05:41 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

"..on another note, i thought i heard that when there not ripe, when the pods are not crispy or really brown, that is when the seeds are best, i have'nt tested this out nor known anyone who sees this as fact, but you might like to know."

Aye, though when it comes to techniques to maximizing alkaloid production of ethnobotanicals, just about any conceivable (and that inclues techniques involving dancing in pink togas) method has been suggested as effective. I've just planted a few more vines, hopefully in a few months I'll have a sufficient amount with which to wantonly experiment.

"anyways, what kind of morning glory you got?"

I am almost ashamed to confide - plain ol' regular Heavenly Blues. (true-blue?). However, I'm growing an ipomoea batatas nearby which should supply color contrast (and yes, batatas are psychoactive. Just try an olive-oil casserole).

Ok, so follow-up question: how much times does the ripening of the seeds take? I'm wondering whether I should just order an ounce or two until I have my own steady supply.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: When to harvest morning glory seeds *DELETED* [Re: stvip]
    #4020597 - 04/06/05 09:14 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by JCoke

Reason for deletion: lies

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden