Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Papaver Somniferum, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Loc: New Brunswick Canada
Poppy question about two types of P Soms
    #4017242 - 04/05/05 02:53 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I just got today my spring seed order from one of Canadas best garden/herb stores. When I was ordering awhile back I noticed they had alot of Ethno seeds, so I grabbed a bunch of different things. I actually forgot that I ordered them and what I had ordered, all I remebered was the salvia and Rivea corymbosa plants. Still waiting for it to get warm enough for shipping of them.

ANYWAYS....I just decided to sow some seeds and came across the poppy seeds I ordered. They sent me 2 types, both papaver somniferum, but one pack is labeled white seeded and one blue seeded. What exactly does that mean? Is that referring to the type of flower it will produce? Is one better than the other?

Also, how well do salvia take to being sent. I have no clue how I am getting it but I hear this company is one of the best for ordering live plants in canada (I am talking a regular place and not something like one of our sponsers) I do not know when it is arriving, but does anyone have any tips on what to do upon arrivial. I am new to salvia but was given a few tall plants a bit back fom a friend and have been doing really great with them including my first clones (I have them in my empty mushroom fruiting chamber right now and they love it) and are rooting like a mo fo. Am I making a mistake by rooting them in the fruiting chamber and getting them used to that high of a humidity? The original plants were used to a dry enviornment and I am afraid these will become humidity dependent by my actions. I was just rooting in the regular room area and they were doing ok, the chamber basically has sped it up greatley though. When they are removed will they not like it and go piss poor on me?

I almost cancelled the plants cause I got these plants since ordering, but said screw it, as it would not hurt to get different salvias and I want that Rivea corymbosa :tongue:.

Az

--------------------
Remember kiddies...............
Automobiles are not an illusion!
Fire is not your friend!
And YOU CANNOT FLY...unless you are on a 20 story building and jump! Practice makes perfect!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: Poppy question about two types of P Soms [Re: poorphucker]
    #4017363 - 04/05/05 03:13 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Blue seeded = Papaver somniferum "Nigrum", which is most often used for growing culinary seeds but is a decent yielder

White seeded = Papaver somniferum "Album", which is most often used for harvesting Opium. Good yielder, larger pods.

You really ought to read "POPPIES - From Poppyseed to Cooked Opium" on this very page!

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Loc: New Brunswick Canada
Re: Poppy question about two types of P Soms [Re: Asante]
    #4017446 - 04/05/05 03:31 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you. I will definitley read all the poppy posts that are active, but I save all my longer readings for night after it quiets down here. I use the search non stop but just wanted that quick answer you supplied me with. thanks. I actually went to read the thread and saw how big it was. I will get interuptted a million times if I try to read it. looks really inticing. sometimes I wish I could have my computer read me the posts in a whole like I do alot of things, but the forums make it hard and require me to do lots of pasting to do that. I am lazy today!

az

--------------------
Remember kiddies...............
Automobiles are not an illusion!
Fire is not your friend!
And YOU CANNOT FLY...unless you are on a 20 story building and jump! Practice makes perfect!

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: Poppy question about two types of P Soms [Re: poorphucker]
    #4017544 - 04/05/05 03:51 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well actually you CAN have your computer read it out loud to you. There are applications for the blind (they are on the internet too, plenty of them in fact) which do that. I believe the newest builds of Windows got them. If you got Adobe Acrobat (you can get the reader for free at www.adobe.com) that has a read out loud function... if you convert the text to PDF first.

New stuff has been added to that thread.. It'll become the Mother Of All Poppythreads I tell you, with all the infos and pics being added  :heart::thumbup:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Papaver Somniferum, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden