Home | Community | Message Board

Radical Mycology Book by Chthaeus Press
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Loc: New Brunswick Canada
mmm mmm mmm GRITS!
    #4016495 - 04/05/05 11:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

lmao....i just got my 1 pound bag of grits in the mail! I have been trying to get my mom to send me a few things up here that most Canadians are like WTF when I say what I want. Just a few standard things that someone in Fl would send another dilocated Floridian. Simple things like a box a grits, jar of pickled okra, can of boild peanuts, jar of guava jelly and of course a box of AMERICAN corn pops! Well I have been reminding her every month to send me a package for at least 3 years now. My friend was down in Florida for the gathering and emailed me cause she remembered me saying all I wanted was a damn box of grits. She sent me one before she hit Widespraed tour. Cost $9 to mail a 99 cent bag of grits. Nuts huh? i think the thing I miss the most up here is true Mountain Dew. The crap up here has no caffein and tastes different. What are some stupid things anyone else has had mailed to them? Just curious.

Az

I only wish the vendor :cussing: I ordered through could get my order to me as fast as that sister got the grits to me. The grits came from further away and were sent like a week after I had made an order with a vendor and I still have not got my package from that vendor. :thumbdown: :cussing:

--------------------
Remember kiddies...............
Automobiles are not an illusion!
Fire is not your friend!
And YOU CANNOT FLY...unless you are on a 20 story building and jump! Practice makes perfect!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: mmm mmm mmm GRITS! [Re: poorphucker]
    #4016543 - 04/05/05 11:49 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I never really saw what was so great about grits.. perhaps you can explain it to me? Everyone in florida is like grits grits grits. And crack, people like crack here too. But all grits is, is devitamized corn.. corn that has been robbed of what little nutrients it had in the first place. Just so you know. But yeah man, eat the fuck out of those grits.

--------------------

OfflineGemMiner22
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Down In A Hole
    #4016547 - 04/05/05 11:51 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Carne Asada meat, for burritos, from California to West Virginia. It was frozen when it left, still good when it got here. I miss the Mexican food almost as much as the gemstones. arent friends great?

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #4016577 - 04/05/05 12:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I ordered some syringes, 2 1/2 weeks ago and they still haven't gotten here!! :mad:

--------------------

:murray:

Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Re: mmm mmm mmm GRITS! [Re: GemMiner22]
    #4016590 - 04/05/05 12:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ahhhh yes...I do miss the Mexican food. There are no good places here and the one place people say to go is like $20 for a burrito plate. Sad.As for the grits. I guess you can say it is just a staple I grew up on. I never saw what people see in white rice....nothing in it but so many people eat it! Grits is basically hominy corn that has been dried and mealed. Usually a Florida boy like myself that were raised on grits knows 101 different recipes to make something so bland taste like the finest cuisine. Just like alot of folks do with stirfrys and tofus. One who really has not tried to many different recipes with grits would most likely end up not liking them. Certain southern dishes can not be completed with out grits.

When I was in the navy as a young one, I had a friend in my Naval School of Health Sciences courses that was from Slidell. His father owned a craw fish processing/steaming plant. he sent us to crates of steamed Cajun style craw fish that let out a huge ppfffftttt of steam when we opened it from an overnight delivery. We had a feast as did alot of people that day. There must have been a million of them. It was when I learned how to "suck brain"....talk about some hot spicy shit that will burn your mouth off!

Az

edited for spelling...lol

--------------------
Fire is not your friend!
And YOU CANNOT FLY...unless you are on a 20 story building and jump! Practice makes perfect!

Edited by poorphucker (04/05/05 12:08 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4016606 - 04/05/05 12:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Man I could never dig that biting a crayfish's head off and sucking everything out.. but to each his own. You florida boys certainly have your ways.

--------------------

Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Re: mmm mmm mmm GRITS! [Re: Shroomism]
    #4016627 - 04/05/05 12:16 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Lol...I was taught that by the Louisiana guy. You do not bite the head off, but it still sounds just as gross. When they are seasoned and steamed there is a fluid sack in the head that retains all the spices. You just bust it with your thumb and suck. I only did it once and did not do it again! I really must stress just how damn hot them spices can get! :hellfire:

Az

--------------------
Fire is not your friend!

Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
    #4016643 - 04/05/05 12:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

a box of AMERICAN corn pops

What the hell is that?

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: mmm mmm mmm GRITS! [Re: cb9fl]
    #4016653 - 04/05/05 12:22 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ahh I knew it!!.. it's that cajun influence always making people eat the gators and turtles and sucking on crawfish heads.. lol

I guess in canoodia they have some strange canoodian version of corn pops or something?

--------------------

Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Re: mmm mmm mmm GRITS! [Re: cb9fl]
    #4016858 - 04/05/05 01:23 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Lmao....after just getting in such a bad mood from dealing with idiot people that can't run a business, you sre made me laugh. So did the Canoodia remark!

SOOO much stuff is different up here. Everything from the tobbacco to the candy. Corn pops down there are softer, and just plain better. Up here they are like round captain crunch. Tear the shit out of your mouth. Fruity Pebbles are not pebbles up here may I add...lol. Resees PB cups are different. Texture and taste. Sodas. Too much stuff to compare.

Canada has different regulations on what is allowed in food up here versus what the States allow in theirs. Scary huh? Canada also is required by law to make availble ingredient\additive lists showing everyhing in the food you are buying. They do not have Marlboro Reds up here for that reason. They have a gold pack specially made for export becasue they do not want to release the additives to their tobbacco to Canadians and let it get back to the States. Hmmmm...wonder why! Zig Zags cost 70 cents for a pack of 100. Dont miss the expensive price of them in the states. Like I mentioned about Mountain Dew. I loved that shit and will not drink it up here. It is gross and I am surprised they even sell it as Mountain Dew.

The beer however...OH THE BEER!

As for nuggets, I bet there is someone sitting in Kansas right now growing pot just as good as any Canadian triple A pot. If you know where to get the best...you know where to get the best! Simple as that, only the prices are a big difference between us. And I know quite a few Americans that get damn good deals where they are! You just have a better chance of getting trip a pot at a cheaper price! We might have alot of pot but I turn down herb all day long that is swag being sold as regular. alot of people grow for money and want to get rich and all they grow is shit and try to get rich off of it. That shit don't cut it with me! Grow for personal and it don't cost nothing and you always get the best if you school yourself in growing properly!

Fuck....now I want American cornpops. I will have to ask my friend to bring me back some and a DEW when she gets back from widespread. She is all pisses becasue she is coming back and America is getting really harsh on the border and she might not be able to go back to the States for gatherings and tour if they keep it up. They are going to start making American's show passports in order to enter their own country...fucked...what are they gonna do to a dreadlocked hippy girl after that....DENY DENY DENY...entry to the states that is.

Az

--------------------
Fire is not your friend!

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #4016902 - 04/05/05 01:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

dont most bagged grits have to be refridgerated?

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Re: mmm mmm mmm GRITS! [Re: Infrared]
    #4016973 - 04/05/05 01:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DeepBlue42 said:
dont most bagged grits have to be refridgerated?

yes they recommend it. We always did, but I can't tell if my mom did so for the recommnedation or to keep the damn bugs and ants out of it. Damn florida and their kazillion bugs. Lol Dixie Lee (namebrand..says put in in fridge).....don't find anything dixie up here!

On another note, grit flour is one of the few flours I never could use in my past flour experiments. Read anything anywhere about using grits as substrate? Gonna go and search....lol.

Az

--------------------
Fire is not your friend!

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #4016982 - 04/05/05 01:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

you can use corn and cracked corn

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #4017073 - 04/05/05 02:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Grits are some good grubbing, if you know how to make them right.  :thumbup:I know a few recipes with grits in them that are damn good! I'm hungry. :drooling:

--------------------

:murray:

Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Re: mmm mmm mmm GRITS! [Re: Infrared]
    #4017630 - 04/05/05 04:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yes, but we are talking about hominy corn and not regular or cracked corn. Basically hominy is corn that has been soaked in a brine.(if I recall correctly) That is what causes it to lose its color.It is then dried and stone milled. That is what makes grits have the right texture...stone milling. Another thing I have wondered about is masa. I have a huge bag of that around cause we are always using it. I guess I will have to try both tonight and see what happens.

Az
Edit....and I have used both corn and cracked corn. even used Indian corn and blue corn. I like playing :grin: Right now I have corn that has been soaking for a long time. I have basically let it sit for about 3 weeks outside and let it soak untill I can rinse it clear. It is finally rinsing clear. Just curious to see if they will still work.
That is the fun part of hobbies...expermentation.

We decide we are having seasoned grits and prawns for dinner...mmmm! Hell I always have collard greens around for our iggies...might even cook up some greens! I miss southern food!

--------------------
Fire is not your friend!

Edited by poorphucker (04/05/05 04:11 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Community >> The Pub