Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLux
A Reminder
    #4013456 - 04/04/05 04:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This is simply a reminder, to whomever it may apply.

Do you truly live your life totally aware and in control of yourself, or are you a slave whose prison is the illusion of awareness? Escape the 'wheel of karma', the oscillation of insecurities, indulgences, and temporary satisfaction. You may read this, and even already know this, but do you truly apply it to your life? So many of us here have accumilated wisdom... words recalling wonderful revelations, but is all you know the words? Look for yourself, are you truly free or is it an illusion?

Enough of silly supernatural desires and aspirations, all that there is is right in front of you, waiting to be re-discovered. There is still magic in the world, it never went away we've simply forgot to look. Is your blind faith in these extravegant explanations of the universe an escape from hard work and courage? There is no time for laziness, fear, ignorance, we are extraordinary creatures with immeasurable potential. Everyday do you remember your potential? Do you fight these demons and in discipline and hard work find peace?

You must fight everyday, every waking moment for complete control over yourself. External forces cannot move us unless we allow them, a dirty habit that many of us have become accustomed to. You are a warrior and this is no exageration, it is a true fight within yourself, perhaps moreso than any other you will encounter. It is only in this battle that you can defeat those demons and in turn make any fundamental changes in yourself. These changes, or lack of, will radiate out through your actions. If you are unhappy the cause of this can be found in this battlefield. You will find that even your hatred for others for their actions which you may see as out of your hands can be conquered in this battlefield. You will find that there is a jump in logic to say that because someone did this you are now mad. It is because you chose to get mad that you are mad. Why did you make this choice? You must enter the battlefield to see why, that is, to see your demons. Then you must conquer them.

The warrior must have the confidence and faith of an unwaverring radical follower of a religion, but not the ignorance in many cases. The faith instead must be placed in yourself. As the demons fall you will begin to find magic and power in yourself, while also finding it all around you. You will again see the magic in the world from those long ago child-hood days. Overcome yourself and your dissapointment when facing reality in seeing that all there is is already there will be replaced with awe. You will find that indeed you cannot be moved. You will find yourself a god, but also recognize the godliness of all around you. Yes... learn to overcome yourself, it is the only beginning to any true progression.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: A Reminder [Re: Lux]
    #4013641 - 04/04/05 05:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:heart: :smile: :thumbup: :sun: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #4015338 - 04/04/05 11:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Absolutely. I wouldn't dare add a word to that, my friend.  :smile:

That's going into my Save file right now..

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: A Reminder [Re: Jellric]
    #4015382 - 04/04/05 11:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

:laugh:

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4015520 - 04/05/05 12:39 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Do you truly live your life totally aware...

Do YOU?! I have never met anyone who was TOTALLY aware.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineLux
Re: A Reminder [Re: Swami]
    #4015861 - 04/05/05 03:53 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

A whole hearted strive towards that goal is all that is needed. I simply meant to question our sometimes certainty that we are in control, not make any claims.

Edited by Lux (04/05/05 03:59 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4016005 - 04/05/05 05:38 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If a goal is unattainable, why should we strive for it?

How do you know that it is desirable?

What is wrong with relaxing and merely being?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineLux
    #4016071 - 04/05/05 06:42 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

If a goal is unattainable, why should we strive for it?

If the goal is something you want why wouldn't you try to get as close as possible to it? I think there is a lot of wisdom in the concept of striving for an unattainable goal. Why does there have to be an end-point? Why is it not possible to simply continue progressing?

Quote:

How do you know that it is desirable?

Many here claim to be in search of truth and freedom, I believe this to be a great starting point towards that type of self reflection and realization.

Quote:

What is wrong with relaxing and merely being?

That is a pretty vague question. I don't see anything wrong with that, and I believe those things can be attained while also following concepts from my original post. The question I have is, are many people today truly living the seemingly satisfied life experience which you seem to be portraying through the acts of relaxing and merely being?

I can only speak for myself, and it is simply based from my experience and a constant reaffirmation in other people that many cannot simply sit still and be satisfied, which I would see as relaxing and merely being.

I am not presenting any type of new knowledge, I know most on this board are already aware of these concepts, my only intention was to serve as a reminder to those who do understand to always make a conscious act of living it and not simply thinking it.

OfflineDelusion_of_Self
Stranger

#4016304 - 04/05/05 08:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Do you truly live your life totally aware...

Do YOU?! I have never met anyone who was TOTALLY aware.

If you did, how would you know?

--------------------
"It is never a question of belief; the only scientific attitude one can take on any subject is whether it is true. The law of gravitation worked as efficiently before Newton as after him. The cosmos would be fairly chaotic if its laws could not operate without the sanction of human belief." -- Sri Yukteswar

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: A Reminder [Re: Delusion_of_Self]
    #4016585 - 04/05/05 10:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

bah, to much drink, ( i only had one though)
deleted as its to ...
uhm.. Don't believe in me! ! !

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (04/05/05 10:13 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4016753 - 04/05/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you for the elucidation, brother

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4016841 - 04/05/05 11:20 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

the one thing i didn't like in your post was how you used the word demon four times. there really isn't anything evil about laziness, fear or ignorance. the "battle" that you lead within yourself isn't about good vs. evil. its above that, its above good and bad. Its more like truth vs. fakeness. its actually above words.

by qualifying the spiritual growth with such words, you are falling in duality mode and going along the lines of all those priests who's best hope for the people to hear them out and follow them is to scare them.

besides that, thanx for the reminder :smile:

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: A Reminder [Re: Shroomism]
    #4018148 - 04/05/05 04:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

hey dood, your user name is LUX, and mine is XUL.. i read in the behemoth cd cover that xul means evil and it comes from sumerian toungue, while in latin lux means light

also xul , zool, or however is the dood from ghostbusters zool.. the keymaster haha i think xul is somekind of encoding too, dunno

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineLux
Re: A Reminder [Re: exclusive58]
    #4018288 - 04/05/05 05:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
the one thing i didn't like in your post was how you used the word demon four times. there really isn't anything evil about laziness, fear or ignorance. the "battle" that you lead within yourself isn't about good vs. evil. its above that, its above good and bad. Its more like truth vs. fakeness. its actually above words.

by qualifying the spiritual growth with such words, you are falling in duality mode and going along the lines of all those priests who's best hope for the people to hear them out and follow them is to scare them.

I trust that anyone whom my original post was directed to would recognize that it was a metaphor. A demon is typically attributed as something negative and fits in perfectly with the idea of being overcome. I assure you I had absolutely no intention of using it as any sort of scare tactic. I never intended to try to present new knowledge, but simply remind those who already know as we can all at times forget.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4018416 - 04/05/05 05:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Lux, I've been thinking alot about your post today. I just read it again. It's very powerful to me. It reminds me of the first four of Castaneda's books which has alot of influence in my life even 28 years from my first reading.

Your post is a path with  :heart:.

Thanks for the reminder. It worked.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineLux
Re: A Reminder [Re: Icelander]
    #4025096 - 04/07/05 06:20 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you! It makes me very happy to see that it was not a wasted effort.

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
    #4025146 - 04/07/05 07:19 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Not wasted at all my friend. Good to see that others are on the same page. :laugh:

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order