Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: rocknliam]
    #4358310 - 07/01/05 02:38 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

rocknliam said:
John - Let's not fuck up this thread.

:diespam:

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: liveby]
    #4358822 - 07/01/05 08:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I just wanted to say, (though I don't want to destroy the high nature of the thread) I am a poppy addict, and I have been so on and off for five years, and the addiction is as strong or worse than heroin, and so poppies aren't all that fun all the time, especially as soon as one has reached their tolerance and the high fades and it becomes a bad tasting drudgery of just keeping the withdrawls away.

I just wanted people reading this to also consider this so that they have some balanced viewpoint.

A good thread idea would be methods you have used to quit. I could write a book having quit at least twenty times.

--------------------
...or something

Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: eve69]
    #4362563 - 07/02/05 08:39 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

So i did this extraction, though i cut alot of corners and modified the method a little. Anyway i did this on 7 small to medium dry pods that were about a year old, maybe a little less.

It does smoke, though i haven't smoked any to test potency etc. I dont know if i will even use this stuff as it seems like i might enjoy it too much, not sure though.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
pics from today. out in the wild patch, a la jhonny poppyseed [Re: rocknliam]
    #4363253 - 07/02/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

[/url]

Edited by Mitchnast (07/02/05 02:10 PM)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: pics from today. out in the wild patch, a la jhonny poppyseed [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4364830 - 07/02/05 11:17 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ok,now ive long been under the impresion that opium poppies are legal to grow for floral uses and seed in canada.
i just went over the books and according to the law, the plant, all preparations, andeven the seeds are schedule one.
actually growing them could carry life imprisonment.
is this right?
cause i buy the seeds at any store, for food aND in garden centers, for growing.
ive seen them in almost any respectable garden INCLUDING public civic gardens.
i could walk around town and point out dozens of old cogers guilty of an idictable offence with HUGE penalties.

ive never known ANYONE to be charged for growing and evry horticulturist ive spoken to has assured me that papaver somniferum is perfectly legal, when according to the actual written law, you cant posses the plant..

am i missing something here? or should i yank up my cabbages?

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: pics from today. out in the wild patch, a la jhonny poppyseed [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4364837 - 07/02/05 11:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/law/countries/law_canada.shtml

SCHEDULE I

(Sections 2 to 7, 29, 55 and 60)

1. Opium Poppy (Papaver somniferum), its preparations, derivatives, alkaloids and salts, including:

(1) Opium

(2) Codeine (methylmorphine)

(3) Morphine (7,8--didehydro--4,5--epoxy--17--methylmorphinan--3,6--diol)

(4) Thebaine (paramorphine)

and the salts, derivatives and salts of derivatives of the substances set out in subitems (1) to (4), including:

(5) Acetorphine (acetyletorphine)

(6) Acetyldihydrocodeine (4,5--epoxy--3--methoxy--17--methylmorphinan--6--ol acetate)

(7) Benzylmorphine (7,8--didehydro--4,5--epoxy--17 --methyl--3--(phenylmethoxy) morphinan--6--ol)

(8) Codoxime (dihydrocodeinone O--(carboxymethyl) oxime)

(9) Desomorphine (dihydrodeoxymorphine)

(10) Diacetylmorphine (heroin)

(11) Dihydrocodeine (4,5--epoxy--3--methoxy--17--methylmorphinan--6--ol)

(12) Dihydromorphine (4,5--epoxy--17--methylmorphinan--3,6--diol)

(13) Ethylmorphine (7,8--didehydro--4,5--epoxy--3--ethoxy--17--methylmorphinan--6--ol)

(14) Etorphine (tetrahydro--7?--(1--hydroxy--1--methylbutyl)--6,14--endo--ethenooripavine)

(15) Hydrocodone (dihydrocodeinone)

(16) Hydromorphinol (dihydro--14--hydroxymorphine)

(17) Hydromorphone (dihydromorphinone)

(18) Methyldesorphine (?6--deoxy--6--methylmorphine)

(19) Methyldihydromorphine (dihydro--6--methylmorphine)

(20) Metopon (dihydromethylmorphinone)

(21) Morphine--N--oxide (morphine oxide)

(22) Myrophine (benzylmorphine myristate)

(23) Nalorphine (N--allylnormorphine)

(24) Nicocodine (6--nicotinylcodeine)

(25) Nicomorphine (dinicotinylmorphine)

(26) Norcodeine (N--desmethylcodeine)

(27) Normorphine (N--desmethylmorphine)

(28) Oxycodone (dihydrohydroxycodeinone)

(29) Oxymorphone (dihydrohydroxymorphinone)

(30) Pholcodine (3--[2--(4--morpholinyl)ethyl]morphine)

(31) Thebacon (acetyldihydrocodeinone)

but not including

(32) Apomorphine (5,6,6a,7--tetrahydro--6--methyl--4H --dibenzo[de,g]quinoline--10,11--diol)

(33) Cyprenorphine (N--(cyclopropylmethyl)--6,7,8,14--tet- rahydro--7?--(1--hydroxy--1--methylethyl)--6,14--endo --ethenonororipavine)

(34) Nalmefene (17-(cyclopropylmethyl)-4,5?-epoxy-6-methylenemorphinan-3,14-diol)

(34.1) Naloxone (4,5?-epoxy-3,14-dihydroxy-17-(2- propenyl)morphinan-6-one)

(34.2) Naltrexone (17-(cyclopropylmethyl)-4,5?-epoxy-3,14- dihydroxymorphinan-6-one)

(35) Narcotine (6,7--dimethoxy--3--(5,6,7,8--tetrahydro--4- --methoxy--6--methyl--1,3--dioxolos [4,5--g]isoquinolin --5--yl)--1(3H)--isobenzofuranone)

(36) Papaverine (1--[(3,4--dimethoxyphenyl)methyl] --6,7--dimethoxyisoquinoline)

(37) Poppy seed

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#4364868 - 07/02/05 11:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hmm it doesnt include plants on the inclusive list of
'its preparations, derivatives, alkaloids and salts'
perhaps that is the loophole, it also make no mention of dried matter. which is relitively useless without futher prep.
it mentions neither on the inclusions oR exceptions.
hmmm ok.
any ideas on this?

OfflineDeQuincy
Paddo hunter

Loc: The Netherlands
DUTCH COMMERCIAL POPPY CULTIVATION, a pictorial [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4365529 - 07/03/05 04:13 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Inspired by Wiccan S's article about "DUTCH COMMERCIAL POPPY CULTIVATION" me and few friends headed off to the Dutch province of Zeeland last week.

We live in the Netherlands and get around quite a bit for work. But none of us had ever seen a commercial poppy field. That said we all live in the middle and west of the country and Zeeland is in the extreme south west. About 200 km from our home town.
Anyway we booked a night in a youth hostel near the old town of Domburg. It happened to be an old castle, loved the place:

The first day we hit jackpot, not to far from our hostel we found these fields of joy. Poppies and more poppies as far as you can see:

Look, all these delicious ripening pods.

Poppies waving in the wind. Zeeland, being surrounded by the sea (zee=sea) is windy to say the least.

We left all the pods where they are, them being someone lively hood. Except a few for seeds of course.  :wink:
Anyway we have positive prove that Zeeland is the (smaller)Dutch equivalent of Tasmania. I must say it felt really good to wander through such a big poppy plot. Even my wife, who isn't into opiates, was stunned by their beauty. And she recognized the sweet aroma of poppies, even before we were able to see them.

Love, DeQuincy

--------------------
there's no vestige of a beginning no prospect of an end
(hutton)
if you came to conquer, you'll be king for a day, but you too will deteriorate and quickly fade away...
you have NO CONTROL
(bad religion)

Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

Re: DUTCH COMMERCIAL POPPY CULTIVATION, a pictorial [Re: DeQuincy]
    #4365654 - 07/03/05 06:10 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Wow you were able to get that close, that is quite amazing. Beautiful pictures.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: DUTCH COMMERCIAL POPPY CULTIVATION, a pictorial [Re: rocknliam]
    #4366192 - 07/03/05 11:23 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

umm woot

seriously.

left to dry in the feild, that would make for some fine floral arrangements.

you know they will be harvested with a combine tho.

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: Asante]
    #4367731 - 07/03/05 10:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Wood alcohol is poison, rubbing alcohol isnt good either and potato alcohol often tastes foul.

Hence the grain alcohol. They mean high proof spirits specifically sold for human consumption.

What about rum? What does rum come from, and would it make a good choice?

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4367797 - 07/03/05 11:04 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

morphine is more soluable in cold water than any volitile you would want to try.
problem is it dries so damn slow. but at least you can always drink it

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4368366 - 07/04/05 01:48 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Rum is made from sugar cane.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: flowstone]
    #4371669 - 07/05/05 09:00 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

this a great fucking thread...my poppies are still growing very slow(and I lost all of the ones in the smaller containers) my guess is lack of water + unusally hot summer...I'm thinking of putting down mulched straw in the flower pot till I transplant since it will help hold moisture + keep the roots cool(and add nitrogen to the soil)

Edited by Iamthewalrus (07/05/05 09:03 AM)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #4372509 - 07/05/05 02:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

lots of pod development today, i will be releived when the showy petals stop happening. lastthing i need i some little girl picking a bouquet for her mommy.

Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4375019 - 07/06/05 07:59 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Mitchncast, what are you doing with these, pod harvest, lancing, or just letting them enjoy their life till they die. Or should i say, what is your cat planning on doing with these? :smile:

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: rocknliam]
    #4376430 - 07/06/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i make lovely floral arrangements,

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#4377379 - 07/06/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

heres a closeup of my only surviving tassies(this is my first time growing plants this year of any kind so I'm cutting myself a lil slack) I just put shredded straw around the poppies to help hold moisture and hopefully keep the roots cooler since its been so fuckin hot this year so far(our normal summer would be perfect for poppys but this summer is hot as hell...anyways a close up of what I got so far...I'm prolly gonna try some more...correct me if I'm wrong but if you start late u will still get a harvest just smaller plants and less opium?

I'm considering also starting persian whites at a different location(I don't want cross breeding...I want to keep these strains pure and get seed)

also planning to try an indoor poppy grow in the future

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #4378378 - 07/07/05 12:47 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

first off, poppies like the dry.
not too dry when young.
but you dont want to be watering at all in flower.
they also like cool nigts and hot days.

long days stimulate flowering. some jump right to flower, especially thoe cultivated for yeild. long growing isnt good when your buissness needs seed or opium. so general nigrum and album flower early.
about 2 weeks earlyier than ornamentals in the same conditions.
basic disturbed soil, full sun, and the right nutrients are all keys to size and potency. if thats what you're into.
but arguably whatever your purpose. large flowers and pods are best.
strains ith natutally larger pods werent nesisarily bred for opium, so if youre groing giganthemums youve got a pod whose flesh and even latex, are low in morphine and codine compaired to strains grown for that purpose.

luckily for those with monkeys, the commonly available bulk seed are strong in bananas.

ornamental varieties are mid-range.
probably cultivated for appearance from opium- harvest stocck plants in the old days.

this is merely the oppinion of my humble dancing feces.

personally i like to grow the weak giganthemums, sine i don't need the opium, i just want the flowers for my legal activities. you know, decorating the dried arrangement in my wicker basket shaped like broad topped a chair while i burn patchouli and read romance novels immagining that im fabio.
mmmm, im faaaabio. see how i eat figs and ooze machismo.
look at my pouty lips, my pouty manhood.
saying "come to me" i'm fabio.

nothing weird like consuming opium, just good legal vanity and self-delusion.

that said, hopefully none too "sarcobviously",

late plants have smaller flowers. if very late plants after the days grow short, do not flower at all, but rather grow and cabbage into massive heads, branching into bushes withought stretching into stalks.
(Conditions pending) untill the winter freeze.

supposEDLY that survive the winter frozen beneith the snow.

im gonna try it after flowering this year, so if anyone notices all the plants in my garden dissappear after they are all mature pods. im not doing opium, im just being fabio. making room for next years early start. kiss me.

also i diddn't grow weed this year. and i certainly don't mess around with those mushroom things.

guess ill just have to stick to legal highs like datura and nutmeg. mmmm, insipid fatuousness.

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#4379072 - 07/07/05 08:01 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I get the feeling you think I"m growing ornamental(or maybe that wasn't directed at me) anyways these are single red tasmanian(supposedly big pods AND potent opium)...I've tried both wet and dry...and when I upped watering on these few poppies I got they started to look more healthy and grow a lil faster...I'm not saying yoru wrong tho...could be strain could be the fact that this is the early stages(you mentioned dry is best wtih flowering) anyways...I'm hoping for at least a few plants that go mature...I'll be happy with that :smile:(I'd like to spred this seed around too since I've heard the dealers have a low supply and high demand) thats why I'm growing...for the seed :P

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom