Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Loc: Doral Florida
reduce water content , increase liquid myc injection...
    #4015656 - 04/05/05 03:42 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

has anyone ever done expierements with lowering water content while cooking and increasing the cc or myc injections?

you would think if you reduced your water content by 20cc and injected with 20cc it would do great... unless however the reduction made it too dry to cook...

any thoughts ideas, previous tests....

--------------------
I have 29 Strains as of current.. I LOVE TO TRADE. See my bio for the strains I currently have.

I seek: Strains I don't have, exotic species, Edibles, Vacutainers, A accurate scale, chicken manure, worm castings, worms for making my own worm castings, plastic lids for mason jars, light malt extract, Kelp Meal, A Ph Tester, A microscope.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: reduce water content , increase liquid myc injection... [Re: prototypical_man]
    #4015669 - 04/05/05 03:49 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Water is absorbed much better during a soak and simmer. Theres no way to tell how much water your leaving out by perparing the grain a little dry..and it wouldnt be absorbed as well..plus your opening yourself up to contams and theres no reason. You can make dark syringes if your worried about it..but either way how many spores in the substrate will only make a difference of a few days..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Re: reduce water content , increase liquid myc injection... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4015678 - 04/05/05 03:56 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

well ive got a butt load of liquid cultures. I just think the more myc you can distribute into the bag the faster it will take hold on all the diffrent regions, however, If the water levels go to high, then contam.

I also am doing several diffrent types of bags. corn, wbs, rye berries, and plain ole vanilla pf tek.

I suppose the grains would have trouble absorbing new water. Perhaps this would be a way to accellerate pf tek substrate in spawnbags..

oh and all this is for spawn purposes so maximum water content isn't a must.. any way.. just my ideas floatin around.

--------------------
I have 29 Strains as of current.. I LOVE TO TRADE. See my bio for the strains I currently have.

I seek: Strains I don't have, exotic species, Edibles, Vacutainers, A accurate scale, chicken manure, worm castings, worms for making my own worm castings, plastic lids for mason jars, light malt extract, Kelp Meal, A Ph Tester, A microscope.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: reduce water content , increase liquid myc injection... [Re: prototypical_man]
    #4015684 - 04/05/05 04:03 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It really doesnt help so much...a thicker myc slurry helps more then more water...injecting that much water after is just asking for trouble..feel free to experiment though...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineprototypical_man
ass model

Re: reduce water content , increase liquid myc injection... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4015702 - 04/05/05 04:18 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I was just thinking if there was more liquid with a decent amoutn of myc it would distribute better. humm. I respect your opinyon though.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation