Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Air Pump, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDerGeist
Completing theCycle

Loc: The Other Side
Need input as to what is wrong?
    #4015094 - 04/05/05 12:33 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

These are a Foaf's Pins, not too bad looking, but it's taken almost 2.5 weeks to get this far.. Any ideas why? Here is the breakdown of their setup.

GT on Popcorn
Dunked (12hours)/ Shocked / Birthed
Sitting in a tub, on wet Perlite & H2O2, decent O2 pump for exchange, 72-75 constant temps, natural lighting, RH 95+

About 1 week into the slow growth, they dumped the O2 pump thinking it might be bringing the RH down some, and switched to fanning 3 times a day. Still very slow. Misting until pins started.

My theory is that the popcorn didn't soak very well to rehydrate, and it's running out of water, but that is just a semi-uneducated guess.

From what I've read, they should have already been full grown by now, and into the second flush.. They are growing, and no contams, YET, but they are taking their own sweet time..

Any Input?

DG

Edited by DerGeist (04/05/05 12:34 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need input as to what is wrong? [Re: DerGeist]
    #4015102 - 04/05/05 12:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

get it wet with direct water contact

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Nowhere
    #4015145 - 04/05/05 12:44 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DerGeist said:
Dunked (12hours)/ Shocked / Birthed
Sitting in a tub, on wet Perlite & H2O2, decent O2 pump for exchange, 72-75 constant temps, natural lighting, RH 95+

Everything sounds good. IMO its the air exchange rates. The more fresh air exchanges, the faster it'll fruit, ime.

--------------------
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson

It's always tea-time, and we've no time to wash the things between whiles.

Don't be a fool, this is a war on drugs. Act like. The government sure does!

OfflinePooGrowerPart2
semi pro

Re: Need input as to what is wrong? [Re: tahoe]
    #4015172 - 04/05/05 12:51 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

dunk that mother fucker again you need to disicpline them better thats why they wont listen to you

--------------------
Now listen hear mush babys, i just beleive its the right thing to do.... I got a brand new bitch corporate america, shes showing me alot of action right now.
But i know you put me on my feet and all, but you know, its time for me to grow.... You gotta let me go baby gotta let me go.. Im done for now so 1 for now, like all good things we must come to an end SO please show the same life to my friends.... DEAR MUSH MUSH

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4015173 - 04/05/05 12:51 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

popcorn isnt the best of fruiters, its better for spawning to a bulk substrate or
even a casing, there is little you can do with it as it except clean the pins off
and try a casing/bulk or possibly dunking it but popcorn doesnt hold water that well on it;s own

Contrary to what Tahoe has said, if you dunk it as it is, you;ll most likely have them abort and run into the same problem again.

InvisibleDerGeist
Completing theCycle

Re: Need input as to what is wrong? [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #4015191 - 04/05/05 12:56 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Done, and Done.. Really not sure what the hold up is, feels like a contam time bomb ticking away, so at this point, it's chalked up to learning. Not giving up hope, far from it.. Will have them get some H2O directly to them, and up the air exchange again. It's a pretty small tub they are in, so perhaps back to the air pump, as they can not fan more often the what they are..

Thanks a Million for the input. Will see how it turns out..

Tahoe, any reason for your call? Could you see something amiss? or just an educated guess?

Would like to learn as much as I can, to relay this. They looked somewhat scaley, and I had read that was pos lack of H2O, but not sure, it's easy to read something, real world application is something different.

Thanks Again,
DG

OfflinePooGrowerPart2
semi pro

Re: Need input as to what is wrong? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4015204 - 04/05/05 01:00 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

YEA. What he said. But if i were you i would 1.get some straw from anywhere you can find it. 2. buy a 18 gallon container from walmart (3 dollars) put a layer of straw cooked at 160 to 180 for 45 minutes crumble up some cake on top of it etc till you run out of the cake. Press it down real hard.

3. Throw some saran wrap, foil, 3mm clear plastic (whatever one you can get) on top of that poke some holes and let sit in a room at 75 degrees probably more since your spawn ratio would be low.

4. Get ready for atleast 2 ounces min or 10 max. Also make the straw when compacted atleast 4inches.

--------------------
Now listen hear mush babys, i just beleive its the right thing to do.... I got a brand new bitch corporate america, shes showing me alot of action right now.
But i know you put me on my feet and all, but you know, its time for me to grow.... You gotta let me go baby gotta let me go.. Im done for now so 1 for now, like all good things we must come to an end SO please show the same life to my friends.... DEAR MUSH MUSH

InvisibleDerGeist
Completing theCycle

#4015212 - 04/05/05 01:02 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hahaha.. Ya I need to smack the $hit out of them, but you know they bruise easily, and you don't want the Socials comin down on you for Myc Abuse...

True. Popcorn isn't known for it's great cake abilities, this was extra the Foaf had left over, so it seemed like a good idea at the time..

Ok so no dunking, how about they shoot them up with a couple syringes of H2O, and see what happens. Like a shot in the A$$.. ? If nothing happens soon, I will agree with Prisoner#1, and tell them to just case them.. :frown: Sigh...

Just don't want to be the one to tell them, they have to give up on their babies..

Tnx,
DG

Edited by DerGeist (04/05/05 01:03 AM)

OfflinePooGrowerPart2
semi pro

Re: Need input as to what is wrong? [Re: PooGrowerPart2]
    #4015240 - 04/05/05 01:10 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Acutally fuck all that cake shit together. If you can make a popcorn cake you mine as well switch to wild bird seed since you must have a pressure cooker.

GO TO THE TOP SECTION OF THIS PAGE WHERE IT SAYS SEARCH AND SEARCH

1. Docs wild bird seed tek or something like that
2. CrazyChemist Grow log
3. Shroomgods straw tek

After absorbing that info START OVER trust me

--------------------

InvisibleDerGeist
Completing theCycle

Re: Need input as to what is wrong? [Re: PooGrowerPart2]
    #4015269 - 04/05/05 01:15 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks Poo, yea this is the last of the popcorn trials, the Foaf has switched to rye/wbs, and I really doubt will be going back, this GT was mad fast on popcorn, but fizzled as a cake it seems. Once they started to dry out I suspect. These are the only cakes that were done, with what was left over.. If the fail, they fail, but they would like to learn as much from it as they can. And wouldn't mind seeing a few fruits of labor come out of these poor things..

DG

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Air Pump, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation