Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
using millet flour in pf tek question
    #4013987 - 04/04/05 06:59 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

hi all,
i got some millet flour and brf. i posted a while back and was told millet flour can be used in the pf tek (i'm steaming not pc'ing). it was suggested to use both millet and brf 'cause myc likes a variety. what ratio would u suggest i mix brf with millet flour? 50/50 or more millet than brf or vice versa?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: using millet flour in pf tek question [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4014058 - 04/04/05 07:15 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

50/50. I like 50/50,millit/rye grass seed, when growing KSSS

GL

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4014104 - 04/04/05 07:20 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Add a bit of rye flour, too. It has higher N ratio.

--------------------

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: using millet flour in pf tek question [Re: agar]
    #4014226 - 04/04/05 07:46 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

oh sorry, i wasnt refering to "50/50" as ur thinking(like ten stud stff for instance) i was asking about the ratio of milett and brf, if it should be half and half as far as the amount or if i should use more millet than brf or vice versa. i really like hearing about your other suggestions of what to add, mb for future experiments although im taking it into consideration for this next one.i am planning to do the pf tek just with millet and brf. then when those have colonized im planning on spawning some cakes to horse poo, basically folowing the cool horse poo tek by roadkill.
i have another post currently running here about which to use from tenn stud, pre-past horse poo or his 50/50 btw.
still wondering though how much brf-millet ratio to use.

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

#4014235 - 04/04/05 07:48 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

o yea, agar, can rhye flour be steamed too? i dont have a pc. if so then ild probably go with brf/millet/rhye in the pf tek. ild wonder how much of each to add. 1/3rd of each substituting the amount listed in the pf tek?

Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Loc: New Brunswick Canada
    #4014381 - 04/04/05 08:23 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Rye flour can be steamed. Done it a few times:)

Az

--------------------
Remember kiddies...............
Automobiles are not an illusion!
Fire is not your friend!
And YOU CANNOT FLY...unless you are on a 20 story building and jump! Practice makes perfect!

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: using millet flour in pf tek question [Re: poorphucker]
    #4014519 - 04/04/05 08:53 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

thx, so would u guys suggest mixing all 3: brf/millet/rye in 1/3rd portions, or would all 3 be too much for one cake?

Offlinepoorphucker
Worthless Poster
 User Gallery

Loc: New Brunswick Canada
    #4014842 - 04/04/05 09:46 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Once upon a time ago I experimented with the various flours and pf style jars. I actually think my last count of substrates tried in flour forms was 35 or something like that. I have even tried a mix with 2 dozen flours combined.And many more lesser mixes. I have found that certain flours help speed up colinization when added but will not fruit (or will fruit the tinyest mushrooms you will ever see). A perfect example would be hemp flour. Alot of people thought it would not work. It was fine alone for colonizing, really fast, but the fruits had nothing to utilize for fruiting and they were the same small fruits I described above. I am starting to realize that psilocybes will utilize almost any flour to colinize and even pin, but the what you get is the difference.

I have always actually utilized the same pf recipe conversion chart that is here on the Shroomery. Same verm and water but I always basically divide up the flours in equals according to the brf %. Working with flours is very difficult at first and I can see why alot of people go no further with them. On most initial trials people end up with glue....lol. Once you learn how certain flours mix, you get the hang of it. Some of the bitches happen to be birdseed and millet. Thats stuff has the tendency to want to glue up. No good when you want fluffy!

I pretty much have been using the same mix for a bit now. I have been using 20%BRF, 20%WBSF, 20%Unbleached Rye Flour, 20% Phalaris Seed Flour and 20%IKF(*) all in place of just BRF. Works well for me :wink:.

(*)IKF is something that I was stoned and happen to have lying around in reach and picked up to read what exactly was in it. I floured some up and have been playing with it for about 5 months. I have decided I am more for doing something and showing it later in its whole write up. So I should be posting something on that in the future. It seems to be quite the additive is all I will say, and I have jars going right now that only have this IKF instead of brf. They are colonizing nicely and I hope to see some fat fruits. If that is the case and it is capable of growing mushrooms by itself, that is pretty cool.

I have not been doing too many pf jars latley as I have been experimenting with my new found interest of cured phalaris grass casings. I wish you luck in the flours as some of the combinations are  awesome. Some are duds with the fruiting. Sucks when you watch jars colonize nicely and then go kaput from lack of nutrients. But that is all the fun of it. Too many people focus on what can and can't be done but never actually attempt. That is what is so fun about this hobby.....most people foget what that word is :frown:

Az

--------------------
Remember kiddies...............
Automobiles are not an illusion!
Fire is not your friend!
And YOU CANNOT FLY...unless you are on a 20 story building and jump! Practice makes perfect!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag