Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineeatMYbooms
Stranger
Best WBS Tek to Use
    #4013188 - 04/04/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I just finished a flush where i used WBS but it didn't come out just right. The bottom of my 1/2 pint jars were a little too moist. I soaked the WBS for about 12 hours and simmered for 30. I didn't use tyvek last time but I have plenty now. Can anyone give any tips on the best method for using WBS?? Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best WBS Tek to Use [Re: eatMYbooms]
    #4013228 - 04/04/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Best WBS Tek to Use [Re: eatMYbooms]
    #4013248 - 04/04/05 03:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

well im currently using polyfil in the lids so that probably doesnt matter anyway jus inoculate then shake up right after inoculation to spread around the spores and then jus wait to fully colonize and all i did was soak my wbs for like 12-18 hours, rinse then drain for half hour, and put polyfil lids on the jars and then put the wbs in then put a double layer of coffee filters then a double layer of tinfoil over the top and then pressure cooked 1 hour and a half, then inocculated in four holes like the pf tek the only thing i didnt do was shake em up after inoculating

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Edited by lordoftheshroomz (04/04/05 04:17 PM)

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best WBS Tek to Use [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4013267 - 04/04/05 04:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I do 5.....half ml syringe squirts per jar.

One in each corner on the glass & one down the center.

I DON'T SHAKE after inoculation.

That way, you can see colonization begin against the glass.

Easy to judge - WHEN to shake -also (15% colonized).

--------------------

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Best WBS Tek to Use [Re: agar]
    #4013288 - 04/04/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Add verm to your WBS after you drain it!!!!!

Props to Scatmanrav for this, it helps soak up that extra moisture superfuckinwell not to mention my bag was fully colonized in about a week!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: Best WBS Tek to Use [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4013316 - 04/04/05 04:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

agar> i forgot to mention that i was doing pint jars and not quarts

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best WBS Tek to Use [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4013348 - 04/04/05 04:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Jar size doesnt change anything really..other then using a little less spore solution. You still shouldnt shake after inoculation. Try shaking half next time, see if you notice a difference. You may not, but I did..I dont shake after innoculating anymore. Only the syringe right before..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: Best WBS Tek to Use [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4018093 - 04/05/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

btw coffe filters are no bueno they are all paper and if they get wet contames eat paper up =/ recomend using tyvek but whatever works for you works.

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best WBS Tek to Use [Re: xburn]
    #4018140 - 04/05/05 04:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

xburn said:
btw coffe filters are no bueno they are all paper and if they get wet contames eat paper up =/ recomend using tyvek but whatever works for you works.

Coffee filters are a simple cheap effective dust cover over the top of a lid, with tyvek underneath the lid. Just adds more protection.

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: Best WBS Tek to Use [Re: agar]
    #4018198 - 04/05/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

thank you agar

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder