Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Agar, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJunkaboy
Learning fromy'all
 User Gallery

Loc: Brazil
Agar spawn + Mini pony poo substrate = ???(PICS)
    #4012037 - 04/04/05 11:11 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I think this will be quite original, at least I haven't seen anything like it so far...
These are "left over" petry dishes. They were inoced with spores and used for transfers, now I was wondering what should I do with them. So I decided to try and case them to see what happens.
First task was to get some horse poo, problem was to find a place with horses... ended up finding a mini pony breeding farm. Little tiny horses, full grown adults are less then 3 feet tall, most never reach 2 3/4 feet. I've seen many dogs much bigger then that. Anyway, I got my poo... went home then soaked, crumbled, rinsed, added 10% verm and pasturized for over 2 hours. Let it cool overnight.
The rest is pretty self explanatory in the following pictures...

Bottom layer - about 3/4 inch substrate.

Petry dish with the mycelium.

Dump the whole thing in the tray

Cover it up with a top layer of 3/4 inch substrate. Cover the tray and head to incubation at 27*C.

So, what do you guys think? Does it look promissing?

Any feedback well appreciated

Junka

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Agar spawn + Mini pony poo substrate = ???(PICS) [Re: Junkaboy]
    #4012186 - 04/04/05 12:04 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

LOOKING GOOD.

I would bet mini pony poo,(as, good things come in small packages) will produce large horse size shrooms. :rolleyes: :grin:

Keep us advised  :wink: :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: Agar spawn + Mini pony poo substrate = ???(PICS) [Re: agar]
    #4012190 - 04/04/05 12:06 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I would have broken up the thing of mycelium so that u have multiple inoculation points.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

OfflineJunkaboy
Learning fromy'all
 User Gallery

Loc: Brazil
Re: Agar spawn + Mini pony poo substrate = ???(PICS) [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #4012405 - 04/04/05 01:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

agar said:
I would bet mini pony poo,(as, good things come in small packages) will produce large horse size shrooms.

We'll have to wait and see... so far all I can say about their poo is: IT STINKS!!! Messed up my laundry room working working on this shit (literaly).
Must've heard my girlfriend repeat this sentence 20 times: "I can't believe I am spending my weekend soaking/crumbling/rinsing/cooking horse shit" then I'd reply: "It's mini pony..."

Quote:

MycoJunkie said:
I would have broken up the thing of mycelium so that u have multiple inoculation points.

This idea occurred to me, but since I was dealing with agar, and the bottom part of it was not colonized, I thought it would be too risky. Any tiny little whatever in contact with agar turns into a big red/yellow/green nasty contam...
So I decided to stay on the safe side instead of aiming for high results and fast colonization. We'll see if I made the right decision...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Agar, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation