Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
All the Lonely People
    #4011652 - 04/04/05 05:12 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I was thinking about this song recently:

http://www.dowingba.com/dowtunes/beatles-eleanor-rigby.mp3

I notice that alot of people feel lonely, even in the company of others (myself included). We can never fully express ourselves; so the deepest part of our souls (like the deepest parts of the ocean) may never see the light of day. If we have to be lonely, we might as well all be lonely together.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Re: All the Lonely People [Re: soulmotion] * 1
    #4011681 - 04/04/05 05:58 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I was talking about something similar the other day with a friend. We were talking about how there is a television in almost every socially interactive type place you go. Bars, lobbies, rec rooms etc. WE could be surrounded by a myriad of interesting people and we usually choose to watch the tv when not directly engaged in conversation. We hypothesized that this was because of this rampant loneliness, and the tv helps distract us from wallowing in it.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: All the Lonely People [Re: SneezingPenis] * 1
    #4011729 - 04/04/05 07:06 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I think its more to do with people not being comfortable with themselves and their aloneness. Loneliness is a more uncomfortable, needy kind of aloneness that seeks distraction.

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Edited by egghead1 (04/04/05 09:41 AM)

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: All the Lonely People [Re: soulmotion]
    #4011748 - 04/04/05 07:29 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

happiness is a warm gun momma

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: All the Lonely People [Re: faslimy]
    #4011869 - 04/04/05 09:19 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

One is always alone, one is, all ways ... :smile:

I'm just now, taking that shower, I'm about to get in to.. :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #4011974 - 04/04/05 10:24 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I used to feel lonely when there were always people around me.
Now...it's just the opposite. I have real close friends...and though they are not around...I still feel like they are close to me. I am never alone. I don't have a partner in life..or a significant other..yet I don't feel lonely at all. Maybe I've just become comfortable with being alone. :shrug:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: All the Lonely People [Re: soulmotion] * 1
    #4012077 - 04/04/05 11:27 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

One of the darkest parts of humankind is that we are all truly alone.

We are born alone and we die alone.

We can't even prove that anything beyond our own conciousness exists.

Even the most closest relative / loved one / friend is still a seperate entity.

What is love? Maybe just an emotion that helps keep people together in harmony...

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: All the Lonely People [Re: Ego Death]
    #4012686 - 04/04/05 02:57 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
One of the darkest parts of humankind is that we are all truly alone.

We are born alone and we die alone.

We can't even prove that anything beyond our own conciousness exists.

Even the most closest relative / loved one / friend is still a seperate entity.

What is love?  Maybe just an emotion that helps keep people together in harmony...

Well, if everything is part of everything else, we are alone together. So being alone might be an illusion.

Know one knows for sure if you die alone?

Right we can't prove anything. Makes for an interesting ride.

Seemingly we are separate entity's, yet there is some evidence to dispute this. See first sentence.

Love may be the glue that holds it all together, cause and effect. Only unconditional Love is real IMO.

good post. :mushroom2: :smile:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: All the Lonely People [Re: Icelander]
    #4012882 - 04/04/05 03:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Unconditional love = insanity. Unconditional anything is rather insane. You wouldn't sign a contract to unconditionally adhere to anything despite said reprecussions of your devotion would you? (I sure as hell wouldn't)

It's better to be alone IMO... I've been diagnosed with a shcizoid personality type which suggests that I enjoy being "alone".

It's a matter of perspective, and depends on how independant you are... or rather how co-dependant you are.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: All the Lonely People [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4012994 - 04/04/05 04:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Unconditional Love is not insane IMO. It's a state of advanced freedom. I think you are mistaking it for being a sucker which is very different.

For instance you can refuse to sign a contract where you can see someone is trying to take advantage of you. Yet you don't bother wasting energy on hating the person who is trying to get you to sign the contract. You know they have reasons for this that are not healthy. That's ok you love them unconditionally. You just differentiate between their actions which are not them and who they really are, which is the same thing as you.

Taking care of your self by not signing a bad contract and not wasting energy in an addictive emotional state over it is unconditionally loving yourself.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4013015 - 04/04/05 04:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

No, you got me wrong.

For instance, say you you've met you're perfect women, perfect in every way, everything couldn't get better... so you marry her.

Say two years later, the bitch is flipping out, doing your friends, your dad, your mother, sister (ridiculous I know, you get the picture)... You'd be a fool to stick with her unconditionally.

We set and provide conditions for a reason... you might do things without condition and hold other's in a different respect... I'm not one to put up with bullshit, if you are however; more power to you.

I don't differentiate between a person and their actions... a person is ultimately defined by their actions.. I can provide numerous examples, but will provide a generalization. ~role models.

I can be the nicest mother-fuckin' person in the world... but If I'm off in another country (or this one for that matter) slaughtering, stealing, raping, etc... I'd hope that you would hold that against me despite what a nice person you know I am.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4013065 - 04/04/05 05:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You'd be a fool to stick with her unconditionally.

-----------------------------------------------------

You got me wrong. :grin:

I never said stick with her unconditionally, I said love her unconditionally. You have to leave because you love yourself and need to take care of yourself. She does all these bad things but that's not her, that's what she does. She may have been abused as a child and scared of life and lost. We all are from time to time and we do shitty things. You don't need to waste time hating her for all of the shit she pulls, you just get your ass out of there, but you still love her, you just don't love her actions. unconditional love only pertains to living beings not actions.

I'm like you I don't stay in shitty relationships. But by staying in a love space around my ex, I don't waste time and energy brooding over the past and hating or regretting anything. I just move on knowing adventure awaits. And that's how it's turned out for me in a similar situation. :heart: This isn't easy, it's a revolution of the heart. :mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinemar1juana
Stranger
    #4013098 - 04/04/05 05:16 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

all the lonely people:
get off the internet and go outside
talk to somebody
its not that bad

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: All the Lonely People [Re: Icelander] * 1
    #4013101 - 04/04/05 05:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Don't love unconditionally either... put a condition on all things, to stay with someone, to love someone, to do anything without a condition is foolish IMO.

On the same token do you have the unconditional extreme? Do you have unconditional hatred for someone as well? I doubt it, theirs a condition placed on the actions, you shouldn't feel anything absolutely/unconditionally for anything unless it's static.

Humans are anything but static, and hence your opinion of them should be dynamic.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: All the Lonely People [Re: mar1juana]
    #4013106 - 04/04/05 05:19 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

take your own advice :tongue:

Just because your alone... doesn't mean you're lonely. If you feel alone when your all by yourself, in way of being unable to cope... loneliness should be the least of your concerns. You need to get some new software capable of being independant.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4013131 - 04/04/05 05:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You don't have to love unconditionally. That's your choice.
Why would I want to hate someone? It wastes emotional energy. For me love builds energy. The more I do it the more energy I have and the better life looks to me.
But that's just me. For you it's different. Having experienced once for a few hours a state of complete unconditional love, I'm convinced. But again that's just me.

I hear where you're commin from it's cool. Rock on dude. :thumbup: :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4013251 - 04/04/05 05:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

What about rapists, killers, murders, leaders of genocides, and the worst form of people among mankind?

Sorry, but that's reason enough to justify a form of hatred for me.

Unless we should love them, for they are good people on the inside... they just "fuck up" every now and again. :lol:

Some people are just contemptible, and aren't reconciliable due
to their actions.

I hear where you are comming from as well, but their is a reason why we have a full gambit of emotions. You only hate because you love, you only love because you hate... necessary duality, without the difference, you have nothing... a single state with no point of reference, has no relevance.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4013435 - 04/04/05 06:51 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You're feeling  hate and anger. I understand that well. But that's a choice not a law. You haven't been able to listen to my posts, as I addressed everything you have just said about all those bad guys. It applys to your ex or hitler. Everyone fucks up, maybe you too, who gets to decide when forgiveness and understanding go out the window. Hate back and forth forever. Just look at the middle east. Only when someone decides to stop hating can anything change. I realize that there will always be love and hate in the universe because everything is there. They may be just parts of the same pole. You get to decide which one you will feel and project into your world.

Like I said you don't have to love anyone. good on ya. Leave it alone. I don't want to argue a point that cannot be resolved.

You have every right to believe as you do. I'm not saying you shouldn't. I fact I think you should indulge in it to your hearts content. Then you will know for sure if it suits you. Peace, :heart: :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Edited by Icelander (04/04/05 07:34 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: All the Lonely People [Re: Icelander] * 1
    #4014001 - 04/04/05 09:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Psy, I really do understand where you're coming from. I know people do the most terrible things. I just have found, for myself, over time, that hating people has no beneficial effect for me. My hate did not stop the terrible things. I just worked my self up into a killing rage against the evildoers. But it just made me feel sad inside and empty. Life was so full of evil that I felt I might just as well hate humanity at large. And I did for a long time. Psy I grew up in a family who taught me hate and fear, and there was very little room for Love. So knowing mostly that, I saw the world as sad, evil, failed. I didn't think humanity had the smarts to make it up out of all this pain and anger.

I guess it was a combination of failed romances and power plants that showed me a different way of being. I still have the same choices. The world hasn't changed. I am not certain that it is supposed to. But when I look at the evil being done in the world now. I see little children who never got shown unconditional love. Many were so abused that they could only hate, kill, rape, and destroy in their pain and frustration. I was an abused child also so I knew how they felt inside.

Power plants saved me. I was so unhappy it didn't matter if I took the risk to die. I took alot of medicine alone on the side of a mountain one night. What I saw and felt changed me. I was so afraid, I thought I was dying, finally I surrendered to death. More happened, but I won't bore you with details. When I came down things just started happening to me. I started to notice a benevolent hand in my life. I started to get all kinds of experiences, that I felt were guiding me in a direction. That's all I can say.

I know for sure, for me, that the only way I can stop the violence is with Unconditional love. Not love if people do what I want or what I think they should, or if they deserve it. Just because they are part of the universe that is made up of the same thing that I am.

I will go out on a limb and maybe give you a big laugh here. I believe everything is love, even hate. Hate is energy that is stuck and stagnant. Get it to move and it's love.

Anyway Psy, I don't know what the "truth" is. Maybe you're right. I don't know how to know. I am just following what I've been shown and how much better my life is now and how such amazing love from some very special friends came into my life, because I was vibrating a little differently. Every body has a job to do in the universe, this is mine, and yours is yours. Peace brother, damnit! :grin: :heart: :thumbup: :sun: :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #4014007 - 04/04/05 09:03 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

all the young dudes carry the news

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology