Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblefearfect
politically correct
    #4005847 - 04/02/05 05:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

why is everyone hung up on not offending other people? In my opinion, if you get offended easily or at all, you need to open your mind a little more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleClark
Bar RoomSuperman

Re: politically correct [Re: fearfect]
    #4006237 - 04/02/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are you calling me a fag?

--------------------

OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

#4006243 - 04/02/05 07:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well hell man that's great news ya fucking asshole!

j/k :lol:

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: politically correct [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4006807 - 04/02/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Insults are like a waste of breath, what we need here is a good conversation. Other then the nonsense that has been posted.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: politically correct [Re: Droz]
    #4007933 - 04/03/05 07:37 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

so, if i was to rape someone, they would be close minded if they get offended by it?

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Edited by JCoke (04/03/05 07:46 AM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4008044 - 04/03/05 09:32 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"I'm offended by you, as you got offended by me...! "
-unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4008072 - 04/03/05 09:50 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fearfect said:
why is everyone hung up on not offending other people? In my opinion, if you get offended easily or at all, you need to open your mind a little more.

Good point! I agree, If you get offended by anyones words, IMO your aren't in charge of your life.

Having said that, to post alot of insults wastes time and says alot about the maturity of the poster. In other words he doesn't have any yet or most likely any thought worth considering. When I check out a thread with alot of mindless verbal abuse I quickly just move on.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineSmallworlds

Re: politically correct [Re: Droz]
    #4008073 - 04/03/05 09:50 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Droz said:
Insults are like a waste of breath, what we need here is a good conversation. Other then the nonsense that has been posted.

You seem to lack the capacity to recognise and appreciate humor, that's a shame. Maybe you should smoke some marijuanna in a humorous setting with some good friends. :thumbup:

--------------------

Trip Report

OfflineSmallworlds

Re: politically correct [Re: Icelander]
    #4008092 - 04/03/05 09:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

fearfect said:
why is everyone hung up on not offending other people?  In my opinion, if you get offended easily or at all, you need to open your mind a little more.

Good point! I agree, If you get offended by anyones words, IMO your aren't in charge of your life.

Having said that, to post alot of insults wastes time and says alot about the maturity of the poster. In other words he doesn't have any yet or most likely any thought worth considering. When I check out a thread with alot of mindless verbal abuse I quickly just move on.

Again, looks like there is an anti-humor trend going on here. He said people shouldn't get offended easily, we hurled some mock insults at him in a lighthearted joking way because according to him, he shouldn't get angry over words.

If ya didn't like the joke, just please move on. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Trip Report

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4008148 - 04/03/05 10:21 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you chose to live with others, have a family, you must invest emotions because relationships are mostly based on emotions.
As soon as you start careing about people, you are vunrable, and can get hurt.

It is true that you have a choice not the feel any pain, but in order to live like that you must give up on human relationships and attachments and live a different kind of life with focus on different things.

There is a reason why Jesus asked people to sell everything and leave their family behind in order to follow him. You can't do both.

you can't enter a state of non-caring, non-vunrability, non-pain
if you have networeked yourself into a complex network of attachments in life.

I'm not suggesting either of choices is right, they are just like different jobs you can chose from.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineSmallworlds

Re: politically correct [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4008176 - 04/03/05 10:28 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Does this mean that when jesus comes again he's gonna want to take away my cellphone?

:rotfl:

--------------------

Trip Report

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #4008315 - 04/03/05 11:29 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
If you chose to live with others, have a family, you must invest emotions because relationships are mostly based on emotions.

A relationship is a series of interactions between one and another. I don't quite understand what it means to "invest emotions", but I would not say that relationships are largely based on emotions. Relationships are based on whatever it is that they are chosen to be based upon.

Choosing to live in a state of mind where one is not able to consciously direct their thoughts and feelings does not equate into the inability to have a relationship. Being in a relationship does not mean that one becomes emotionally attached to the other. In fact, a relationship that consists of emotional attachments is bound to have problems. Any attachment is a mental barrier between one and their direct experience of the here and now reality of life. Any attachment seperates one from that which they relate to, which means that one isn't fully relating to the other, eh? :grin:

Quote:

It is true that you have a choice not the feel any pain, but in order to live like that you must give up on human relationships and attachments and live a different kind of life with focus on different things.

Are you sure? Being mentally stable does not mean that one no longer participates in the world.

Quote:

There is a reason why Jesus asked people to sell everything and leave their family behind in order to follow him. You can't do both.

I don't fully understand this reference to Jesus here... perhaps you could expand upon this? Add more detail? I don't understand what this means...

Quote:

Perhaps (although I cannot see the benefit of entering a state of non-caring, but a state of ultimate caring with no attachment I can see benefit in), but I fail to see how not playing host to a complexity of mental addictions and attachments equates into the inability to interact (relate) to other people. Let us not forget that every variable in this universe is in a state of constant interaction with every other variable. :wink:

Hey man, we are in an indirect relationship right now. I'm not emotionally and mentally attached to this relationship. Even though it is more difficult to do so, I aim to not be emotionally and mentally attached to the people who I relate to most. If something happens and they are no longer part of the equation, must I inflict suffering upon myself? One cannot refuse reality. Being in such a state of mind doesn't make relationships impossible. It simply means one isn't attached to these relationships.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4008340 - 04/03/05 11:42 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:

I'm not suggesting either of choices is right, they are just like different jobs you can chose from.

Disagree with about all of this. You only become vulnerable if you believe what others say about you. And even if you do believe it you should already know these things about yourself. You're talking about defending your ego here. The unhealthy ego structure is always looking for insults because of insecurity about itself.

When my partner or kids tell me anything I can choose to feel pain because I don't want to hear what they are saying. But I you make a habit of not judging yourself you will not feel pain from others remarks. You defiantly don't have to give up human relationships to not take offense at anything anyone says. Did Jesus take offense. Usually not from what I hear. He knew himself and so didn't take on others views of who he was and continued his ministry.

Jesus asked people to leave their family because of attachment not to save them from having their feelings hurt. They got alot more chance of that from following him.

And just because you don't take offense doesn't mean you are un-caring, and you don't have to feel pain or be attached to it if you do. It's a choice we all have, conditional or unconditional love for our self and others.

--------------------

OfflineTheCheat
son of the lamb

Loc: Maillardville, Coquitlam,...
    #4009248 - 04/03/05 05:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

so, if i was to rape someone, they would be close minded if they get offended by it?

BWAHAHaha! thats gold.

Quote:

You seem to lack the capacity to recognise and appreciate humor, that's a shame. Maybe you should smoke some marijuanna in a humorous setting with some good friends.

Its a damn good suggestion.  :smirk: :thumbup:

--------------------
?Religion is science, politics is Hollywood, and 50 cent is more influential than Dali Lama; welcome to the future?
-Fontaine

"Blessed are the peacemakers." Matthew 5:9

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: politically correct [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4009282 - 04/03/05 05:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Look around you, friends, wives, housbands, brothers and sisters get a ttached to each other in relationships

--------------------

OfflineTheCheat
son of the lamb

Loc: Maillardville, Coquitlam,...
    #4009307 - 04/03/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

or get a tattoo man. and get a membership on a gym and get ripped. Ladie's will love it, then you won't have to worry about being politicialy correct.
*stwnd* :stoned: :confused:

--------------------
?Religion is science, politics is Hollywood, and 50 cent is more influential than Dali Lama; welcome to the future?
-Fontaine

"Blessed are the peacemakers." Matthew 5:9

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4009561 - 04/03/05 06:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
Look around you, friends, wives, housbands, brothers and sisters get a ttached to each other in relationships

Of course people get attached. What's your point?

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4009578 - 04/03/05 06:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I was responding to the fireworsgod's "philosophicaly correct" model of human relationships by comparsing to the real world versions..

Relatioships are what they are, they invlove fights, love, joy, sadness etc. It is in our tradition and nature.
There is no reason why it should be changed to some more rational version of close relationships

--------------------

Edited by OldWoodSpecter (04/03/05 06:38 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4009679 - 04/03/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
I was responding to the fireworsgod's "philosophicaly correct" model of human relationships by comparsing to the real world versions..

Relatioships are what they are, they invlove fights, love, joy, sadness etc. It is in our tradition and nature.
There is no reason why it should be changed to some more rational version of close relationships

Sorry, but this "philosophically Correct" version of reality is one I practice with my partner and kids, and friends. I won't say I do it perfectly because I don't, but I'm learning and I do it alot more often than in my overly emotional past.And I've improved enough that I believe it can become a way of life in the way I used to take insults and attacks or disagreements personally.

I agree that relationships are full of all these things, but war and divorce are consequences of taking things personally. It doesn't have to be this way and I'm not talkin philosophy.

There's a great read that I learned alot of this from. It's The Handbook to Higher Consciousness, by Ken Keyes. give it a read if you like.  :cool:

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4009714 - 04/03/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Divorce and personal war are results of immaturity

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order