Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAlocer
Stranger
My First Time (01/04/05)
    #4008042 - 04/03/05 11:30 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hi - just thought I'd give a small description of what I had, what happened, and try to detail what happened to those who I was with.

I went to the shop (I wouldn't know where to find them in nature, or if I was taking too much or too little, so buying was an okay option) They had:

Mexican
Thai
Rare Mexican

However, as they are illegal to eat, they wouldn't tell me which was the most potent, and so I bought a box of Mexican (30g) along with another box of 30g Mexican which was to be shared between me and two friends.

Got back to a friends house, divided up the spare box and started eating (was a little apprehensive as the stems had blue and stuff on them - looked weird, but it wasn't going to put me off!). So, I finished them in about 5-10 minutes and sat back playing Sonic Mega Collections on the PS2 until I felt something.

One of my friends was highly exaggerating - walking about non-stop saying "what're these feelings? i can't describe them, am i bleeding?" etc. for a long time - he was really getting on my nerves. Then the other felt them kick in - kept thinking he had pissed himself and was saying "oh my god...I feel x and I feel y" ... didn't mind that so much, but was annoyed that nothing was happening to me.

After about another hour, I stopped playing the computer, and just lay back on the couch - another 30 or so minutes later I began to feel really warm, and there felt like there was a tickling behind my ribs and I just had to laugh - all was well.

As we were in the house, there didn't seem to be anything too inspiring around - looked around to see what was reacting the most, and it was a picture of a mediterianian looking house surrounded with flowers and trees - the flowers stuck out and were blowing around like I'd imagine them to do in real life... didn't like the house much, it just seemed to look new, then old, then new, then old... etc. I was seriously glued to this picture - felt really nice within myself when I was just sitting there, but it was indescribable the way I felt when I was looking at this photo - stared at it for most of the trip... perhaps a waste, but this was my first time, I didn't really know what to look out for, what to do to enhance the experience, etc.

Anyway, I was getting a little bored in the house as time went on, and so went home thinking that I was over it... my eyes were still massive though - had to try hard to hide them from my dad who was watching Poker on TV. I was watching too, and the cards were moving around a bit, and the player's eyes were frogging - was pretty cool, but I was worried about getting caught, so I went to bed and watched a film - seemed to have died down by then.

Anyway, to summarize: it was a fantastic experience, and I shall definatly do it again at some point (though, not for a while) - made me feel extremely happy.

However, I'll tag a few questions on at the end:

Which is stronger: Mexican, Thai or Rare Mexican?

Is there anything else you'd have done to enhance the experience? (I didn't fancy going outside where people could see my pupils eclipsing my face... also it was pretty cold)

Does this sound like an enjoyable trip? (compared to what the most advanced users are used to.)

Anyway, thanks for reading, I hope it was helpful (though it probably wasn't) and I'll keep checking back to answer any questions / read any answers there may be.

Cheers.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineacoustic
barrmmmFFF
 User Gallery

Loc: texas
Re: My First Time (01/04/05) [Re: Alocer]
    #4008064 - 04/03/05 11:45 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like a pretty boring trip to me.  Your setting was all wrong. Wait a few weeks and try again but instead do it about an hour before night fall and chill out side with your friends. Also make sure you want to do it, and that you want to have a good time. Get excited and pumped up. If you really wanna have a blast about the time you are peaking jump in your vehicle and crank up some good music. Bring magazines and what not. I wouldnt sugjest driving around tho your first time. Remember it's all about having a good time and being happy with good freinds. :mushroom2:

--------------------

"May the wind always be at your back, And the sun upon your face, And the winds of destiny carry you aloft, To Dance with the stars..."

OfflineAlocer
Stranger
Re: My First Time (01/04/05) [Re: acoustic]
    #4008070 - 04/03/05 11:49 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

lol - I can't drive I'm afraid but I can try to find someone who does.

We were just reluctant to go outside incase anyone saw or anything like that, but we can try it - plus it's Scotland, it's not the warmest place like Texas might be!

Still - I really liked it, but I'm sure it was boring - one picture for most of the time must've seemed weird, but I couldn't tear myself away.

Cheers for the input, I'm sure we'll do something different the next time.

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
    #4008205 - 04/03/05 12:44 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Try taking 30g to yourself/each, at night time, as acoustic has already pointed out. I wouldn't worry to much about the difference in shroom type. Thai apparently gives you more of a body high with more visuals than the Mexicans, I would suggest trying the Thai. I find Mexicans to be kind of boring compared to others. Try smoking some weed while your tripping/coming-up/coming-down. Whatever time feels best, i find it does a hella lot to set the atmosphere, also helps the high. Make sure you do it in a spot where u can stay all night with no problems, where you feel most comfortable. Personally, i don't like going out side on shrooms either, i just like to chill in my room listing to some good tunes and just chillin out having a good time, maybe smoke a few spliffs.

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

OfflineAlocer
Stranger
Re: My First Time (01/04/05) [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #4008239 - 04/03/05 01:01 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the advice.

For the record, I had 30g on my own, + another 1/3 of a 30g box, so 40g in total.

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet
    #4011853 - 04/04/05 09:05 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I couldn't tell you if it sounded boring or not...everyone trips differently to different settings. I prefer tripping alone. I can think clearer...with no distractions...no outside interference.
When I want an enlightening trip..I have a special friend that I like to trip with. I only trip with him.
I have tripped with my mother before...it wasn't bad...but I didn't get anything out of it but some good laughs.

I would suggest tripping alone...at least once. See how that goes.

Nice report, thank for sharing.

~Desiree~

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

OfflineEdit
Stranger
Re: My First Time (01/04/05) [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4012050 - 04/04/05 11:19 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thai are the strongest out of the ones you mentioned I think, they are more visually intense in my experience too.

Where do you live in Scotland by the way? If you can get to the highlands I'd strongly recommend tripping there.
=)

OfflineAlocer
Stranger
Re: My First Time (01/04/05) [Re: Edit]
    #4013449 - 04/04/05 06:55 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I live in Edinburgh Edit, I wouldn't mind going camping with some mushrooms and possibly some hash too - just a weekend of getting wasted!

Get it out the way while I'm young, eh?

OfflineEdit
Stranger
    #4016090 - 04/05/05 09:00 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

"I wouldn't mind going camping with some mushrooms and possibly some hash too - just a weekend of getting wasted!"

Sounds like a plan dude! Go for it!

OfflineAlocer
Stranger
Re: My First Time (01/04/05) [Re: Edit]
    #4016157 - 04/05/05 09:34 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I'd just need to find a time that's suitable for it.

This summer could be good - so long as it looked as though it was going to be warm!

My mates are all going on holiday soon though (I'm not... don't have the money, unfortunatly) and so I'll probably have to fit it around that.

Still... it's an option I'm not ruling out, and I'm sure they'd be more than up for it!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports