Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleHillbillie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Opposite of ego loss; more like ego birth.
    #4007811 - 04/03/05 07:13 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

This has happened to me twice so far, both on P. tampanensis truffles. Quite low dosages as well. I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences.

I'd call it "super ego" or something, where I realize it is actually I who is God; and that I have fabricated reality itself to entertain my infinitely lonesome being. I realize we all are the same entity, simply different perspectives of the same consciousness.

The second time it happened I was alone, lights low, on my bed just thinking. I remember looking at the coke can on my desk and realizing I *am* the coke can, that I am everything (and yet nothing), that true equals false, that 2+2=5, etc.

This wasn't just mindfuck. It was too epiphanic for that. Like finding out the surprise ending to a book that you never thought would've ended that way.

I've never had ego loss on mushrooms (don't think) so maybe that's what it was? But like I said, it was a very low dose.... 2.5 to 3 grams dried both times, though I do have a low tolerance as well.

Edit: Forgot to add that I intentionally got very stoned during the peak of both trips... which I know added to the experience.

Edited by Hillbillie (04/03/05 07:18 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethenewuser
LSA Guy :-)

Re: Opposite of ego loss; more like ego birth. [Re: Hillbillie]
    #4007831 - 04/03/05 07:41 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

dxm always turns me into a rich snobby fuck, I love it

--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Opposite of ego loss; more like ego birth. [Re: thenewuser]
    #4008410 - 04/03/05 02:14 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

thenewuser said:
dxm always turns me into a rich snobby fuck, I love it

:lol: :headbang:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#4008641 - 04/03/05 03:45 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, sounds like a lot of my mushroom trips. Moments of seeming clarity and oneness with all. It's a good feeling.

--------------------

Invisiblespl_punk
Stoner ReakingHavoc

Loc: PURGATORY
Re: Opposite of ego loss; more like ego birth. [Re: jux]
    #4009609 - 04/03/05 08:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I've been there too it's great. Like the world is conforming it's self to your thoughts. It's crazy when you're with friends and you almost konw what their going to say b4 they say it.

I had one of those moments about a year ago there were 4 of us tripping and 1 left to hang with his Gurl friend, the other two were in a dark bedroom just acting crazy. I was alone listeing to Tech N9ne angelic and talking to these two hot chicks I know that werent' tripping but knew we were. They all wanted to know what I was seeing/thinking and I pretty much told them I wasnt' fucked up I was just loving life.

--------------------

Offlineyewhew
Dead in Eternity

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4011148 - 04/04/05 02:18 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Your experience is very interesting. I've never experienced a full immersion in the notion that I am God, creating reality to entertain myself, and to stretch the boundaries of consciousness.

You say it was like finding out the suprise ending of a book, which I find particularly fascinating. Do you mean that this notion was perceived as a grand awakening, a truth, or did you have theories about being God prior to the experience?

Also, if you are God, creating your own existence, you ultimately created the experience of experiencing the grand awakening, that you are God, thereby appreciating this fact in a profound way. Simply brilliant.

--------------------

Edited by yewhew (04/04/05 02:20 AM)

Offlinewjames
Phenomenologist

Loc: Europe
    #4011915 - 04/04/05 09:47 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You ask a good question.

What you describe sounds very related to the philosphical issue of Solipsism (see also this link).

So perhaps it is not for nothing that these are called 'philospher stones.'

Does anyone think there might be a chemical basis for their reputation of giving more philosophical trips? Anyone know who first called the sclerotia 'philosopher stones' (a term from Alchemy)?

I've also sent you a private message, Hillbillie.

--------------------
"We're all in this consciousness-raising business together."
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
"Everyone should eat hashish, but only once." - S. Dali

Edited by wjames (04/04/05 09:54 AM)

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
    #4011933 - 04/04/05 09:55 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yes i had a similiar exp[erience with truffles. It was like i realized that i was a wizard who created this illusion called 'reality' for my own amusement, but forgot that i created it. Then it was like all beings were just playful reflections of myself and i was the master of the universe. Quite empowering, i could do things like move things with my mind and see through walls. It was interesting, and pround but probably just another dellusional state :lol:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

InvisibleHillbillie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Opposite of ego loss; more like ego birth. [Re: egghead1]
    #4012015 - 04/04/05 10:57 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I posted a trip report regarding the first time this happened.

Quote:

Do you mean that this notion was perceived as a grand awakening, a truth, or did you have theories about being God prior to the experience?

Both, actually.

Not sure about everyone else but ever since I can remember I have had something in the back of my head telling me I'm infinitely unique from everyone else. Nothing overwhelming, just a mild sense. Never took it seriously. I'm probably referring to my ego I guess.

Also, before I had these experiences, I had been leaning toward the whole "collective consciousness" belief for a while.

As far as the book ending thing, I used that to try and convey what the ephiphany was like for me. In the movie, "The Sixth Sense", for me at least I had never thought Willis was a ghost the whole time and then when I found out, it was just like "BAM! That makes so much sense but I would have never thought that's how it was." This is basically how it was for me.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4012047 - 04/04/05 11:17 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It is called the experince people.
This is the qunitessential psychedelic experience! Just because you achieved it on a low dose just mean you are sensitive to psychedelic materials. And that is a good thing. It means you don't need as much to get off. It is amazing. At once it the most amazing and terrifying thing you could ever imagine. It is the true magic of the mushrooms if you ask me. Tampanesis are also moderately potent, so the dose you took is equal to a good bit more cubensis. I call what you experienced ego death, where you see that you are the creator. Quite liberating and also quite sad too...

This reality is one big surprise ending. It seems to be one of the working principles of how things are. Along with super paradox! IT is US! WE are IT! :sun:

Edited by mecreateme (04/04/05 08:06 PM)

InvisibleHillbillie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Opposite of ego loss; more like ego birth. [Re: mecreateme]
    #4012180 - 04/04/05 12:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Super paradox? What is that?

OfflineJMP
user-friendly
    #4012209 - 04/04/05 12:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

mecreateme is exactly right, it's the psychedelic exp.
want to know the ultimate paradox? smoke a proper dose of 5-meO-dmt
:eek: :eek: :eek:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4012217 - 04/04/05 12:19 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I realize we all are the same entity, simply different perspectives of the same consciousness. ... I remember looking at the coke can on my desk and realizing I *am* the coke can, that I am everything (and yet nothing), that true equals false, that 2+2=5, etc.

You have provided what I consider to be a classic description of the "egoloss" experience. Did you realize the above while it was happening, or after the fact, when reflecting upon what happened?

Quote:

I've never had ego loss on mushrooms (don't think) so maybe that's what it was? But like I said, it was a very low dose.... 2.5 to 3 grams dried both times, though I do have a low tolerance as well.

I have found that it is much more likely to happen on low dosages than high dosages... at least with mushrooms. This is one of the reaons I don't like the "level 5 trip" being equated to "egoloss"...

I also do not care for the term "egoloss"... it is a bit misleading... but I cannot think of a better word to use... it isn't so much a loss of ones sense of self (though that is a large part of it), but more a loss of judgement. There is no difference between green and blue, they are one in the same... we only interpret them as different because we choose to experience life in terms of duality.

InvisibleHillbillie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Opposite of ego loss; more like ego birth. [Re: Seuss]
    #4012564 - 04/04/05 02:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Did you realize the above while it was happening, or after the fact, when reflecting upon what happened?

As it was happening, I realized that I was God; that I had created reality and had forgotten about it. And in the second trip, as it was happening, I realized I was the coke can, that I am everything (and yet nothing), that true equals false, that 2+2=5, etc.

After the trips, when I was trying to make sense of what I had experienced, I realized/figured out we all are the same entity, simply different perspectives of the same consciousness.

Quote:

There is no difference between green and blue, they are one in the same... we only interpret them as different because we choose to experience life in terms of duality.

Exactly!!!

Edited by Hillbillie (04/04/05 02:24 PM)

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Opposite of ego loss; more like ego birth. [Re: Seuss]
    #4012685 - 04/04/05 02:56 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

We do not choose to live in duality, so much as reality has manifested itself in a state of duality through us :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Opposite of ego loss; more like ego birth. [Re: jux]
    #4013759 - 04/04/05 08:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Nice.
It happens on both large and small doses. I have been able to achieve it on very large and moderate doses, but never on an extremely low dose, like less then two grams.

We all know everything, we just have to remember it.

This feeling you get from an experience like this is life affirming. It also affirms that feeling you have in the back of your mind that you are incredibly important. Holy shit, you are the most important one! We all are the ONE!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience