Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Adrenaline as a primer for a trip?
    #4007484 - 04/03/05 03:46 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I was just thinking about some of the moments in my life I felt most alive. One moment that came to mind was a night I went to zero gravity in Dallas. Here's a website if your interested. zero gravity

Anyways as my friends and I get there we notice a lightning storm brewing in the distance. We get in the park and the wind is picking up. Friend M and I get on the sky coaster. We are launched into the sky flipping upside down in our cage. I get a nice boost of adrenaline. Than friend B and me get on the nothin but net. They slowly raise us up together up to 150 ft. I feel the butterflies in my stomach fluttering as the wind seems to pick up and the lighting gets closer. At a 150 ft I watch the lighting streak through the sky as each bit of light shows the clouds rolling like a tsunami at us. I was humbled by the majesty nature as I prepared to willingly get dropped 100 ft into a net. The storm added greatly to the adrenaline and fear. They than pull the cord and I fall and fall and fall for what felt like a minute with a part of my mind thinking I going to die so it rushed all those pleasurable stress related drugs into my brain in preparation for death. I hit the net and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. For like 3 hours during the drive home I felt this amazing afterglow. Adrenaline is the best drug.

So what I was thinking is what if I had taken lsd or shrooms after this? Or maybe immediately before and begin to the feel the effects during the afterglow in a near by hotel?

I would think it could make for a very enjoyable and unique trip. This is something that I am very interested in trying and may attempt this summer.

So does anyone have any experience with this? With any adrenaline inducing event and a psychedelic?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Adrenaline as a primer for a trip? [Re: lonebuddha]
    #4007563 - 04/03/05 04:21 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I preffer to be very chill going into a trip. Getting all worked up before a trip sounds kinda reckless

--------------------

Offlineotoroko
EsotericIllumination

Re: Adrenaline as a primer for a trip? [Re: jux]
    #4007652 - 04/03/05 05:21 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Endorfin?

--------------------
when you're watching television the higher brain regions (like the midbrain and the neo-cortex) are shut down, and most activity shifts to the lower brain regions (like the limbic system). The right hemisphere is twice as active as the left, a neurological anomaly. The crossover from left to right releases a surge of the body?s natural opiates: endorphins, which include beta-endorphins and enkephalins. Endorphins are structurally identical to opium and its derivatives (morphine, codeine, heroin, etc.).After just 30 seconds of watching television the brain begins to produce alpha waves, which indicates torpid (almost comatose) rates of activity.

Edited by otoroko (04/03/05 05:22 AM)

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Adrenaline as a primer for a trip? [Re: otoroko]
    #4008390 - 04/03/05 02:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If things get hectic and adrenaline starts pumping while you're on shrooms, you might just turn into an animal...

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlinegma
contentlyenlightened
Re: Adrenaline as a primer for a trip? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4008607 - 04/03/05 03:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

lol last night i flipped and i was peaking, friend threw something at me, i felt like i grew 100 times my size and exploded and scared the shit out of my friend. Lol it was weird

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4008627 - 04/03/05 03:38 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Tripping provides its own energy. I see no reason to mix that with adrenaline... well, not until after the peak, at least. Many people feel nauseous when they are coming up, and I'm afraid adrenaline would mix poorly with an upset stomach.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
    #4009006 - 04/03/05 05:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

About a year ago I got a large tattoo on my back so by the time I was done with the several hours of tattooing, I was pretty high on endorphins, an hour or so later I ate some mushies. It was the most intense trip I've ever had, no doubt in my mind. It was great, I had some wonderful thoughts come to me that night, but also I think it was kind of stupid, I lost all of my inhibitions and ended up walking next door and talking to my drunk neighbors (whom I'd never even talked to before) at like 2 am. So, it's an experience for sure, but be careful I can see some serious potential for danger.

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: Adrenaline as a primer for a trip? [Re: i_rage_against]
    #4009180 - 04/03/05 06:44 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

humm... interesting event with the endorphins. I'm just interested in manipulating set and setting to experience all that my little mind can create. Maybe if I do try it, I should use a short acting psychedelic. Hummm... DMT and adrenaline... sounds like the workings a a truly intense near death experience.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4010368 - 04/03/05 11:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It would be even w/o the endorphins.  :eyemouth:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience