Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIdxactly
journeyman

cakes won't budge
    #400695 - 09/22/01 09:22 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

AFOAF has 3 PF style cakes that have totally stalled over past week. These cakes (BRF + verm) produced one flush, and then two of them began to pin again and started to get going, but then totally stopped.

Temp 75-78F, RH 95-98, light comes on 4x's a day for an hour which also kicks on an aquarium bubbler which pushes the CO2 out the bottom of the styrofoam terrarium.

The problem might be that these cakes were incubated in a water bath run by an aquarium heater, and they may have dehydrated a little bit. They were dunked before the first flush, should they be dunked again? It's about 6-7 weeks out from innoculation, so my friend isn't sure if their is enough nutrients left in the cake to support another flush.

Any and all suggetions would be greatly appreciated. Especially from bluhoney, who is a godess.

Peace

--------------------
nothing I just said was true

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: cakes won't budge [Re: Idxactly]
    #400748 - 09/22/01 11:03 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Thankyou so much for the comments.:) Now Im blushing.lol. From your description you may have oversaturated the cakes. You said they started the next flush and just stopped. If a cake gets too wet this can cause many aborts. If your cakes are nice and white, then dehydration shouldnt be the problem. They normally will turn blue for thirst, not as dark of a blue as bruising, but a pale moon blue. Instead of trying something and ruining all your cakes, take one of them and dunk again. Then with the other two, lower your humidity some. If the cakes havent shrunk a lot since your first flush, the nutrient levels should still be good. But if they have you may want to take a drinking straw and wash it good with H2O2 and then push it into the center of your cake and then pour ina small amount of sugar water into the straw. My friend has heard mixed reports about this extending the cakes life, but it has worked for some. keep me posted on your results :smile: bluhoney

information posted is for entertainment purposes only and should not be attempted in real life

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1