Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Loc: Florida
Are they dry? pics
    #400640 - 09/22/01 07:07 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

The first one was birthed 2 weeks ago and ZERO progress.
The second one was born a couple days ago, and that one little pin is all I have. It was cold shocked overnight too.
I've had nothing but trouble so far, and I think it's my humidity.
I'm using an 18qt rubbermaid container with perlite. I'm misting daily, and only after misting do I see visible humidity.
I'm not sure what a dry cake looks like - do they look dry to you?

Free Spore Ring

--------------------
I don't really know anyone who grows mushrooms. I just come here for fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Are they dry? pics [Re: babyshroom]
    #400644 - 09/22/01 07:18 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

You can't tell simply by their appearance. They look healthy, otherwise.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #400645 - 09/22/01 07:19 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

#400657 - 09/22/01 07:48 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

It's impossible to tell how dry it is by looking at a picture. I suggest you case with moist vermiculite.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Loc: Canada
    #400661 - 09/22/01 07:59 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Babyshroom,

I would like to know what kind of humidity levels you are getting. This sounds as though it could be one of the problems, but it is obvious that those cakes are dry.
Ensure that you have enough perlite in the bottom and that when it was put in, it was moist enough. Easy to fix.

Get wether stripping (the kind with adhesive on one side) and appply to the rim of you grow chamber, where the rim meets the lid. This will give you a great seal.
The weather stripping can be seen along the rim and it is black. Works great and again easy.
I use sheets of glass as lids.

If you are going to use cakes use the inner resevoir Tek. If you take nothing else from this post take this, it is the best (and easy) way to make sure your mushrooms always have enough water available. Here is the link:
http://www.fanaticus.com/resevoir.htm
Once you read it, this will make more sense, but don't bother covering the verm with substrate. Just make a round deep hole and fill it with loose verm and p/c. Once you have birthed, add water without a needle. Just add until water pools on top. here are some pics

The inner resevoir is the dark circle seen in the center of each of the cakes.
This is the resultsl of the first flush using the inner resevoir.

Air exchange. Keep misting and if you have it, blow a fan in your terrarium for 10 secons or so when misting.

For those cakes I would suggest the dunk Tek. I have never used it, but there are plenty of people that have here. Ask around.
I hope I may have been of help and plese keep me updated on your progress.

Cheers,

Beans, beans the magical fruit...

HelpMeJebus

--------------------
Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm
Contact [email]helpmejebus@hotmail.com[/email]

OfflineCannabis
journeyman
Loc: U S A
Re: Are they dry? pics [Re: jebus2000]
    #400673 - 09/22/01 08:17 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

hey jebus do you have your cakes sitting right on the perlite or do you have the lids under them? by the pic it looks like they are just sitting on the perlite. the reason i ask is i cant find a way of keeping my cakes off the bottom and if there is no need for that i guess i dont have a prblem. also if your lids are under them do they rust? thanks peace

''Emancipate yoursealf from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

--------------------
''Emancipate yoursealf from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Loc: Canada
Re: Are they dry? pics [Re: Cannabis]
    #400677 - 09/22/01 08:24 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I rest them right on top of the perlite. I have put them on the lids before and yes they do rust. Once I started placing them directly on the perlite, I started getting many more pins at the bottom of the cakes and I have been doing it that way ever since.They are also getting water directly from the perlite which is never bad. Nice observation Cannabis.

Beans, beans the magical fruit...

HelpMeJebus

--------------------
Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm
Contact [email]helpmejebus@hotmail.com[/email]

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
    #400723 - 09/22/01 10:34 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

They look dry to me Baby.... Try submersing them completely under bottled water for 12 hours then dab off the excess water droplets real gentle with a paper towel and place back in the terrarium. I`ve had real reluctant cakes before too and dunking brought them to life big-time....

?But I don?t want to go among mad people,? Alice remarked.
?Oh, you can?t help that,? said the Cat: I`m mad,Your mad.we`re ALL MAD!!!! hahahahaha"

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

OfflineCannabis
journeyman
Loc: U S A
Re: Are they dry? pics [Re: jebus2000]
    #401054 - 09/22/01 06:46 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

thank you jebus that helps me a lot i can get started now : ) peace

--------------------

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Re: Are they dry? pics [Re: Cannabis]
    #401800 - 09/23/01 04:07 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, I'm going to try dunking for 12 hours. They seem dry to me too. I'll post results, and thanks for everyone's help.

Free Spore Ring

--------------------

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
    #401818 - 09/23/01 04:24 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Jebus, those cakes are kicking ass! That's what I want. The jars I make this week will definitely have an inner reservoir...can't wait to try this.
Thanks!!!

Free Spore Ring

--------------------

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
    #403384 - 09/25/01 07:11 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yippee!!! The dunking seemed to help quite a bit. I now have numerous pins off of 2 of my older cakes, after dunking overnight. I pulled them out yesterday morning, returned to the terrarium, did more spraying than usual, plenty of air exchange, and changed their light source from my regular room lightbulbs to an open window. I now see pins from some of my new b+ cakes too! Oh, I also took them off the lids and placed directly on the perlite.
When I get a little more activity, I'll post some new pics. I did add weatherstripping to one of my terrariums, and the humidity is holding much better.
Biggest lesson I've learned so far....patience. I guess it can't be said too many times.
Thank you jebus for taking the time to post so much info. I will be making my first inner reservoir cakes later today, and have HIGH hopes for my little friends. Life is good.

Support the Free Spore Ring

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals