Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebombmarijuana
Stranger
HOW DO I GET RID OF FLASHBACKS????
    #4005994 - 04/02/05 06:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well I have a friend that recently tried a bite of shrooms. He said he had a bad trip when he tried it. He heard a voice that said he was gonna die and everything turned dark. The other day we were smoking marijuana and he kept on seeing a cop car which was very weird because I wasnt seeing anything and I would also pause and clear my eyes to double check and still did not see anything. I have a feeling this is cause of the shrooms because other people that tried shrooms and smoked marijuana at a later time in their life get bad trip outs. I would like to get stoned with my friend but with him not having these flashbacks. He has not had any trips or flashbacks when he is sober but I have a feeling he will sometime later in his life. I have done some research and I read that something in shrooms stay in the human body forever but still not sure if thats true. Is their any absolute way to prevent flashbacks from happenning or any way to get the shroom chemicals out of his system?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: HOW DO I GET RID OF FLASHBACKS???? [Re: bombmarijuana]
    #4006019 - 04/02/05 06:25 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

He has to relax... eventually the flashbacks will subside. He's having them because he is still thinking of the experience and trying to peice it together. He WILL get over it.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4006030 - 04/02/05 06:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery :cool:!

Well, mushrooms do not stay in your body forever, remind him it's all in his hea,. that could help him relax. Maybe he should take a break from smoking. Weed can cause people to become paranoid, a lot of things could be at work here, best bet is to take it easy. One thing is for sure, whatever is causing this is not psilocybin "staying in his system."

As Ginseng1, your friend will get over it

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinebombmarijuana
Stranger
Re: HOW DO I GET RID OF FLASHBACKS???? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4006043 - 04/02/05 06:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

But doesnt the shroom chemical stay in the human body forever and may cause flashbacks any time you think about it?(is their anyway to remember your flashback and not trip out on it??) Is their anyway to absolutely detoxify the body from shrooms?

Offlinebombmarijuana
Stranger
    #4006051 - 04/02/05 06:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

oh I see.

Offlinebombmarijuana
Stranger
    #4006056 - 04/02/05 06:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

But does anybody have proof or any links to websites that say that shrooms do not stay in the body forever?

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: HOW DO I GET RID OF FLASHBACKS???? [Re: bombmarijuana] * 1
    #4006057 - 04/02/05 06:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Your friend is going to be fine, psilocybin does not stay in the body forever. He went through quite the experience, he will get over it.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Offlinebombmarijuana
Stranger
Re: HOW DO I GET RID OF FLASHBACKS???? [Re: gdman]
    #4006064 - 04/02/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Does anybody have proof or any links to websites that say that shrooms do not stay in the body forever?

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#4006076 - 04/02/05 06:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, relax bro :cool:, people will answer you, I was actually looking around for you. Patience is a virtue my friend :smile:.

click

Keep in mind, it says it will stay in your body "for a couple weeks", however, it is not causing effects in any way, "trace amounts" it's virtually all gone within hours. These are very fragile chemicals.

--------------------

Offlinebombmarijuana
Stranger
Re: HOW DO I GET RID OF FLASHBACKS???? [Re: gdman]
    #4006093 - 04/02/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Oh ok.

OfflineMaJikFungus
There's a Fungusin my closet

Loc: School of Athens
    #4006337 - 04/02/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Its all in your head , the placebo effect is very strong. If you had a bad trip and you "think" you are gonna have flash backs , it will most likely happen.

Ive done lsd more times than I can count , most of the time two or three hits , and Ive never had a problem with any type of flash back. Never had a bad trip , and Ive been in places with loads of cops while tripping out. Just think everything is gonna be okay and thats what will happen.

--------------------

InvisibleBlu Spore
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #4006516 - 04/02/05 08:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Also you may want to tell your friend to lay off the cannabis for a while, that could be making him paranoid.

OfflineMaJikFungus
There's a Fungusin my closet

Loc: School of Athens
Re: HOW DO I GET RID OF FLASHBACKS???? [Re: Blu Spore]
    #4006549 - 04/02/05 08:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Really depends on the strain , a good toke of Cindy 99 makes me paranoid as hell.

--------------------

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: HOW DO I GET RID OF FLASHBACKS???? [Re: MaJikFungus]
    #4006790 - 04/02/05 09:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Gently tap two 3" nails directly into the skull with a tack hammer - one in the right frontal lobe and the other in the left frontal lobe. This should alleviate the poor boy's suffering.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: HOW DO I GET RID OF FLASHBACKS???? [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4007560 - 04/03/05 01:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

A bad trip can leave someone rattled for a bit. He just needs some time.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4009018 - 04/03/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

flashbacks aren't caused by the chemical; they're caused by external stimuli that make you think about the trip. you can have flashbacks from any intense psychological or emotional experience, whether it involved drugs or not.

one day i was listening to this song that i listened to during my first ever acid trip. halfway through the song, i started feeling trippy, colours got vivid and stuff. it lasted about 2 minutes. the hippies used to call them freebies.

a lot of people (including myself) find that smoking marijuana allows them to better remember what a trip was like. also, marijuana can make you paranoid...some people actually get full blown paranoid delusions when they smoke (one of my friends quit because of this). if its definately the weed that's causing your friends flashbacks then maybe he she have a break from it for a while.

but yeah, psilocybin or LSD or whatever gets washed out of your system pretty quick. in fact, by the time you start tripping, the chemicals are already on the way out of your body.

Offlinegma
contentlyenlightened
Re: HOW DO I GET RID OF FLASHBACKS???? [Re: alsey]
    #4010352 - 04/03/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i dont think there already on there way out, otherwise only like 2 days would let you trip just as hard again, and ive seen that fail firsthand, so i think that shit sticks around for awhile, at least your tolerance does.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #4011236 - 04/04/05 12:43 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Psilocin metabolises slower than LSD, but still it should have left the body completely within a fairly quick timeframe.

--------------------

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: HOW DO I GET RID OF FLASHBACKS???? [Re: gma]
    #4011753 - 04/04/05 05:37 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

gma said:
i dont think there already on there way out, otherwise only like 2 days would let you trip just as hard again, and ive seen that fail firsthand, so i think that shit sticks around for awhile, at least your tolerance does.

the body starts metabolising psilocin about an hour or so after ingestion (the psilocybin is already pretty much gone by that time - converted into psilocin). so by 'on their way out', i mean they've started to be metabolised.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: HOW DO I GET RID OF FLASHBACKS???? [Re: alsey]
    #4011844 - 04/04/05 06:57 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

NIACINAMIDE

(UTFSE to find a zillion other threads about this very subject right here at the shroomery... & maybe UTFSE to find WiccanSeeker's "psychedelic niacinamide FAQ somewhere... vitamnin B3, abram hoffer, yaddafuknyaddayadda...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies