Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecyberthreat
Stranger

black shrooms
    #4005256 - 04/02/05 02:35 PM (19 years, 3 hours ago)

i put them in the refrigerate about 8 hours ago and now i went two look at them and 3 turn completely black is this normal i am planning on eating them on Monday are they all going turn black by the way they are in a super market paper bag

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecyberthreat
Stranger

Re: black shrooms [Re: cyberthreat]
    #4005297 - 04/02/05 02:51 PM (19 years, 2 hours ago)

i need a answer fast i don't want them to all do this

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4005318 - 04/02/05 02:58 PM (19 years, 2 hours ago)

Repeated posting wont hurry anything along...only those who can give you an answer, can answer. I've never stored fresh shrooms so I dont know...it could just be dark blue from oxidation..it can look almost black. I dont know if this is normal when storing or not. If they are soft and slimey, like rotten food, where the black is, then they are rotting and not safe..if they smell fine and feel fine though (maybe a bit rubbery after sitting some time) they are probably safe at the moment..cant answer anymore then that.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineTokagekobushi
Low RankingPsychonaut

Loc: Blitzed out of my skull
Re: black shrooms [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4005345 - 04/02/05 03:05 PM (19 years, 2 hours ago)

Thats what is was going to say. You dont store fresh mushrooms. You dehydrate them first, then store them, as fresh shrooms rot, and become unsafe for consuption. Like he said,if their slimy where its black, toss them. If they feel fine, it may just be deep deep bluing caused by oxidation. Hope this helps.

--------------------
"Mans unfailing capacity to beleive what he prefers to be true, rather than what evidence proves to be likely and possible, has always astounded me. We longe for a caring universe that will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary, we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest doubts. God hasnt been proven not to exist, therefore, he must exist!"

"Einstein would turn over in his grave! Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded."

"Some would ask, Why would a perfect god create a universe that if filled with so much evil. They have missed a greater conumdrum. Why would a perfect god create a universe at all?"

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: black shrooms [Re: Tokagekobushi]
    #4005358 - 04/02/05 03:08 PM (19 years, 2 hours ago)

>You dont store fresh mushrooms.

You can, for a few days in a paper bag in the fridge. Thats what those who eat fresh shrooms say...for 2-7 days. Its short term storage for sure...but they shouldnt rot if stored that way...I really think its just oxidation..its often called "black" and is usually what people have..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlinecyberthreat
Stranger

#4005373 - 04/02/05 03:12 PM (19 years, 2 hours ago)

ok thank you i'm giving you 5 shrooms i was just in a rush and its my first grow and i don't want to lose my mushies i worked so hard for oh i plan on eating them on monday and i put them in the fridge this morning

OfflineTokagekobushi
Low RankingPsychonaut

Loc: Blitzed out of my skull
    #4005382 - 04/02/05 03:14 PM (19 years, 2 hours ago)

Well, for a couple days, thats just stashing it for a little while. I never store any without first dehydrating them, I dont want my hard work and care to go the way of the wastebasket because I didnt take one last step. Though, I agree with you, if you put it in a tightly sealing platic baggie, or a rolled up paper bag, it might keep for a while, if your going to have a party soon, it might e the way to go, but IMHO, its taking an unnessesary risk.

--------------------
"Mans unfailing capacity to beleive what he prefers to be true, rather than what evidence proves to be likely and possible, has always astounded me. We longe for a caring universe that will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary, we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest doubts. God hasnt been proven not to exist, therefore, he must exist!"

"Einstein would turn over in his grave! Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded."

"Some would ask, Why would a perfect god create a universe that if filled with so much evil. They have missed a greater conumdrum. Why would a perfect god create a universe at all?"

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: black shrooms [Re: Tokagekobushi]
    #4005407 - 04/02/05 03:20 PM (19 years, 2 hours ago)

No, see you DONT store them in a plastic bag, and you DONT seal it up tight. You want it to breathe. What you've never had mushroms from the supermarket before? Its the same thing...just like any food, it can be stored short term in the fridge.

Fresh shrooms are more potent then dried, so its not like skipping a step, its choosing to eat the shrooms fresh.

--------------------

Offlinecyberthreat
Stranger

#4005420 - 04/02/05 03:22 PM (19 years, 2 hours ago)

i fold down the paper bag should i unfold it or not

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4005440 - 04/02/05 03:26 PM (19 years, 2 hours ago)

Store for a day or 2.....in an BIG OPEN PAPER BAG, hung over your hot water heater. Temp & air will turn then a bit like leather, but they will not ROT.

ROTis if they turn to black goo, or get black goo spots on them.

--------------------

Offlinecyberthreat
Stranger

Re: black shrooms [Re: agar]
    #4005458 - 04/02/05 03:29 PM (19 years, 2 hours ago)

si i can't just keep it in my fridge cause my heater is in my basemnt and tenat go down there should i leave it open in the fridge

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #4005480 - 04/02/05 03:33 PM (19 years, 2 hours ago)

If it's in a paper bag, it doesn't make a difference whether open or closed.

What you're describing is oxidation, that's way too soon for rot to take place in the fridge.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinecyberthreat
Stranger

Re: black shrooms [Re: Holydiver]
    #4005498 - 04/02/05 03:36 PM (19 years, 2 hours ago)

OK good thank you I'm only leaving them in there till Monday then there going to be gone and this has only happen to like three of them

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds