Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: HEPA Filter

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTokagekobushi
Low RankingPsychonaut

Loc: Blitzed out of my skull
Air filters
    #4005368 - 04/02/05 05:11 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I wanted to ask a quesiton, aout some air filters I bought the otehr day at a local hardware store.

Its the kind that you stick in the ductwork of your house, to lower the microbe count of your house, pollen, dust, mold spores, that kinda thing.

Im currently constructing a glovebox out of some pelixglass, some fans, and I was lookin to put that in there to filter out the incomming air from the outside.

My quations is this, would it work? I mean, it says that it filters out up to 10% of things 1 micrometer in size, and 100% of about 8 micrometers in size, it sounds ot me like it would work wonders in the purification of the air for the glovebox. What do you guys think?

If anyone wants the exact specs, its a DuPont Allergen/Dust & Pollen Electrostatic Air Filter, 20 X 30 size (was planning on cutting it down and layering it)

--------------------
"Mans unfailing capacity to beleive what he prefers to be true, rather than what evidence proves to be likely and possible, has always astounded me. We longe for a caring universe that will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary, we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest doubts. God hasnt been proven not to exist, therefore, he must exist!"

"Einstein would turn over in his grave! Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded."

"Some would ask, Why would a perfect god create a universe that if filled with so much evil. They have missed a greater conumdrum. Why would a perfect god create a universe at all?"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Air filters [Re: Tokagekobushi]
    #4005459 - 04/02/05 05:29 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

For any flow/hood type application......Those WILL NOT WORK, as a hepa filter (99.997).

They are to porious, even tripled up.

SADLY.....Rating on those is about 90% efficant.  :thumbdown:

Tripled up.... they will make a good PRE/FILTER, in front of a HEPA FILTER.

--------------------

OfflineTokagekobushi
Low RankingPsychonaut

Loc: Blitzed out of my skull
Re: Air filters [Re: agar]
    #4007189 - 04/03/05 01:38 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

What about polyfill?

--------------------
"Mans unfailing capacity to beleive what he prefers to be true, rather than what evidence proves to be likely and possible, has always astounded me. We longe for a caring universe that will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary, we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest doubts. God hasnt been proven not to exist, therefore, he must exist!"

"Einstein would turn over in his grave! Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded."

"Some would ask, Why would a perfect god create a universe that if filled with so much evil. They have missed a greater conumdrum. Why would a perfect god create a universe at all?"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: HEPA Filter

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation