Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Confidence/self assurance boost on shrooms.
    #4005077 - 04/02/05 03:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I've done shrooms a few times in the last 3 months and loved the experience everytime. I've done truffles (stones) most of the time, and have also tried Mexicans and Thai.

And i've noticed a strange ''side effect'' of using truffles in particular. After the actual tripping finishes and the experience calms down about 3 hours after ingestion, i get this incredible laid back confidence. I've taken them on nights out, and in that state, i'm not halucinating or having bizzare thoughts, i'm just really sociable (i get this urge to go and speak to lots of different people) and all my worries/anxieties/self doubts go out the window! I can only describe it as a feeling of CONTENTNESS. Add to this, the feeling of 'seeing how things really are' in social situations gives a real advantage for communicating with drunk people on nights out. And because i now EXPECT this odd sideeffect when the tripping wears off, it's happened the last 3 times i've done them.

Usually my self-esteem isn't brillient, and i'm crap at chatting up girls, but last night i was absolute fire, aproaching work colleagues at a work party, dragging them to dance and being very quick witted and conversational in conversation with other people. And thats with very limited alcahol.

However, in the first couple of hours after ingestion, the self-asurance isn't so evident, as my attention is more on the trip itself.

Has anyone else had this?

I'm just worried i'm going to start doing them too much to get that confidence boost. But then maybe i won't need to? Maybe my perception outside of experiencing shrooms will be altered as i reflect on how i acted, making me act more like that in everyday life...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Confidence/self assurance boost on shrooms. [Re: Mutzgoatz]
    #4005110 - 04/02/05 03:28 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery!

That's not a "side effect", that's your afterglow. I feel that mushrooms eliminate all the negatives in your mind, they burn up all the energy. They leave you feeling content, very peaceful.

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Re: Confidence/self assurance boost on shrooms. [Re: gdman]
    #4005140 - 04/02/05 03:41 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It's the afterglow which i like the most. I've never done high doses and never hallucinated, the tripping is cool in it's own way, but it's the gentle comedown which is amazing. I just can't get over how content you feel, it's like all worries, insecurities, social anxieties dissapear. Not only that, but i felt i had much more energy, spark and quick wit to chat people up. Oh and dancing on the dancefloor...i just didn't care about what people thought, my arms were going all over the place. Yet it's not the same as a drunken dance, because that's not real confidence, that's just...being pissed. On shrooms your still VERY aware (more so that normal) and very much in control.

In fact, i found that i could 'manipulate' groups of people i was talking to. Rather than standing politely in a circle of people, adding the odd comment, which is the normal social standard, i began to CONTROL conversations and situations, and it became incredibly easy to use confident body language to a distinct advantage. These are all things people crave on alcahol, except, with alcahol, you lose awareness, coherance, quick wit and TRUE confidence, especially considering it;s a depressant.

Maybe it is due to the lack of preoccupations, you focus on the situation, not your worries. Man, another weird thing happened, my sex drive plumetted, i juse became content talking to people. It's common knowledge after all that generally a man's IQ will half when approaching a girl he fancies...

Not when subject to the shroom afterglow.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience