Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKodath
strangerThan

Mushrooms and antidepressants
    #4003894 - 04/02/05 06:38 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

A friend of mine has been on antidepressants for a while but she wants to try a mushroom trip. I've looked everywhere but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information out there on mixing the two. From what I can tell the antidepressants will increase the effects of psilocybin, so a lower dose should be taken. I'm not sure exactly what prescription she's on, I'll ask her that tomorrow and post here again. The only prescription I've heard bad things about when it comes to mixing with psilocybin is Fevarin.

Anyone have any more information on this? Doesn't seem to be a lot out there, thanks to the ban on hallucinogen research  :mad:

--------------------

Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: Mushrooms and antidepressants [Re: Kodath]
    #4003925 - 04/02/05 06:54 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You're mistaken. And I'm sure with a simple search here there would have yielded many results with the answer to your question. Nevertheless, SSRI's and MAOI's will usually DECREASE the effects substantially. Therefore you will need to take MORE shrooms to feel the effects you would normally feel at a lower dose. Some people aren't affected by the antidepressants, but this is what happens most frequently with the combination of antidepressants and mushrooms and can be expected. Sampling with a normal dose might be the best idea if you want to be totally safe about it to see just how much it will affect you.

People on antidepressants should be more careful with shrooms though. Why is this person on an antidepressant in the first place? Mental illnesses and shrooms don't mix...

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Edited by Locus (04/02/05 07:03 AM)

OfflineKodath
strangerThan

Re: Mushrooms and antidepressants [Re: Locus]
    #4003944 - 04/02/05 07:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well I did use the search feature, but after wading through about a dozen threads I still couldn't find much.

I guess there's a bit of misinformation about this out there, one of the sites I came across had this to say: "- If antidepressants like Prozac are being used, you'll need less mushrooms, so be careful. People using Fevarin should avoid every kind of drug."

As far as I know she's not on antidepressants for any kind of serious mental illness. Like I said I'll talk to her again tomorrow and try to find out the details.

Thanks for the info.

--------------------

Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Edited by Kodath (04/02/05 07:17 AM)

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: Mushrooms and antidepressants [Re: Kodath]
    #4003950 - 04/02/05 07:22 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Alright no prob if you couldn't find the info in a search, I just know it's out there in some threads cus i've said it myself before. Anyway, yeah find out what she's on exactly and then well, we'll see from there. But basically this is all the info you'll need.

P.S. Muse is good :smile:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: Mushrooms and antidepressants [Re: Locus]
    #4004206 - 04/02/05 10:41 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience