Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecannijuana
Alchemist

Loc: Mojave Desert
Kinda stupid question (compost)
    #4002432 - 04/01/05 08:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'm building a compost barrel and had an idea.
What if I were to squirt an assload of spore solution into the compost pile to speed up decomposition. I wouldn't waste good psilocybe spores, but make sporeprints from store bought mushrooms.
This would speed up decomposition right? I'm not trying to make edible mushrooms, I just wanna speed up the process. Since I live in a desert there aren't too many spores floating around in the air.

--------------------
"Nature is cruelly parsimonious about pleasure"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Kinda stupid question (compost) [Re: cannijuana]
    #4002452 - 04/01/05 08:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

No, all the beneficial bugs you need will find the compost on their own. Mushroom spores for a compost pile? Where did you get this idea?

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinecannijuana
Alchemist

Re: Kinda stupid question (compost) [Re: Holydiver]
    #4002457 - 04/01/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

in a compost pile fungus decomposes the organic matter, as well as worms and lil tiny bugs. I just wanted to speed things up by squirting some spores in there. Instead of waiting 3-5 months for some compost, I can have some good compost in 1 or 2 months

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #4002480 - 04/01/05 09:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

now i see wut ure saying and that wouldnt be a good idea because the spores u use ( im assuming u meant edible mushroom spores) would be like a contam to cubensis spores so unless ure conna use jus straight up cubensis spores i wouldnt do this

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinecannijuana
Alchemist

Re: Kinda stupid question (compost) [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4002559 - 04/01/05 09:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well the compost will be strictly for garden use, not shroom use.
I'll inoculate the compost pile with agaricus bisporus (white button) and turn it several times to evenly distribute the spores.
I won't inoculate with cubensis, that would be a waste.

--------------------

Offlinetrevorda8
My home isearth.
 User Gallery

Loc: P.N.W.
    #4002569 - 04/01/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think it is a relitivey good idea. But you never know that the spores would automatically take hold of whatever they are put on. They would probably be overtaken by contamination of other, more stronger fungus that prehaps decomposes the matter slower. If there was a way to colonize that whole pile, im sure it would speed things up.

--------------------
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" -Pink Floyd.
Memories make up our lifes as we know it. Our souls are lost between time and space.

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: Kinda stupid question (compost) [Re: trevorda8]
    #4003462 - 04/02/05 12:53 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I am not sure about edibles but I would imagine they wouldn't speed up decomposition. If anything they would just colonize the contents of the barrel and eventually fruit or die off. The fungus in compost is not mushroom baring I don't believe.

Depending on how much compost you want to make, you can incubate it yourself to keep the temps consistent. If you add some chicken or other bird shit it will speed decomp faster. As will grass clippings. I would saying keeping the temp balanced would give you the fastest compost. You can also introduce a large amount of worms to it as well. Will be more castings than compost, but will give you quick results.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale