Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineunearth
Stranger
panic attack
    #4002493 - 04/01/05 11:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

how do u help people when there in a panic attack,my friend loses his loosing his ego right now

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
Re: panic attack [Re: unearth]
    #4002529 - 04/01/05 11:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

a panic attack is when you almost black out into almost a spinning feeling...your hands get clammy...you chest hurts...you feel you cant breath...you feel llike you might die or be going crazy...feel sick to your tummy...shaky hands -legs-body---last for about 10-40 mins...I dont know if him losing his ego will set off an attack ..

losing his ego is when --he finaly gets that the world does not relovle around him...

other wise there is not much any one can do ..I breath when i dont have meds and i want to be alone cus i dont like people seeing me in that state of being...good luck...

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: panic attack [Re: starptv23]
    #4003413 - 04/02/05 02:36 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, I felt my self come close to one after smoking alot.  My heart was beating about million miles an hour.  It was hard to breath and I felt dizzy.  I just closed my eyes and "excepted" these feelings (it was alot harder than it sounds)  I also repeated the words "love" over and over.  With in 5 minutes it passed and I was left with a feeling of power and well being  :stoned: :thumbup:

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #4003481 - 04/02/05 02:56 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Panic attacks can really suck man. If you've never had one you might think you're like dying because your heart beats extremely fast, everything is spinning, you can barely breathe....

The best thing you could do in this situation is reassure the person that they'll be ok. tell them that they're just having a panic attack and that it will pass. tell them to lay down and breathe with you. just try to relax as much as possible. and if you have any benzos around that will help.

I've suffered from anxiety and panic attacks a lot in my lifetime. sucks man... but a lot of people here can relate as well.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: panic attack [Re: Locus]
    #4003543 - 04/02/05 03:12 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Is there away of physically stopping one once its started?

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

OfflineCiscoKid
Stranger
Re: panic attack [Re: Toddo]
    #4003623 - 04/02/05 03:46 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Man...i used to have unbelievably HOORRRIIIBLE panic attacks ...cold sweats...shaky knees and arms...PUKING....dry heaving...tunnel vision, man i thought i was gonna die or go crazy. later i was prescribed some meds to help me relax and come down faster. I was prescribed lorazepam (Ativan) to take whenever i had a panic attack...as soon as i felt one comming on i would take some and it definitely helped...it prevented it from getting worse and made it last longer....and i had i had to take more than the prescribed dosage though.(2 milligrams compared to .5) Also xanax and valium are said to help.

Offlineotoroko
EsotericIllumination

Re: panic attack [Re: CiscoKid]
    #4003742 - 04/02/05 05:06 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I just got kinda used to them, if one is starting I know the symptoms/thoughts and you just kind of observe it until it goes away. Not getting them much anymore, but it was really bad in the beginning, seriously thinking too fast, mostly about dying/flipping out, the physical symptoms.. First it was only when smoking the local shitty "hash", then escalated to "real world" --> isolation, depression, fear & other nice things. Got over it without meds, took about 2 years and sometimes when I smoke too much it comes back (the mindfuck variety) but not too severely. Infact that's one of the reasons I haven't yet done mushrooms...80% sure I will.

--------------------
when you're watching television the higher brain regions (like the midbrain and the neo-cortex) are shut down, and most activity shifts to the lower brain regions (like the limbic system). The right hemisphere is twice as active as the left, a neurological anomaly. The crossover from left to right releases a surge of the body?s natural opiates: endorphins, which include beta-endorphins and enkephalins. Endorphins are structurally identical to opium and its derivatives (morphine, codeine, heroin, etc.).After just 30 seconds of watching television the brain begins to produce alpha waves, which indicates torpid (almost comatose) rates of activity.

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: panic attack [Re: Toddo]
    #4003876 - 04/02/05 06:21 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

just to mentally try and calm yourself down in some way and/or take pills like benzos or something similar. that'd be your best bet i suppose.
they can be extremely scary though if you're not familiar with them, and even if you are they can still be very scary. cus it really can feel like you're dying...

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #4011248 - 04/04/05 02:48 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You can take betablockers apparently and these are a very benign medication designed to reduce your bodies reaction to adrenaline.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience