Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Ex-Dallas Cop Convicted in Fake Drug Case
    #4002401 - 04/01/05 10:38 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story...w=wn_wire_story

Ex-Dallas Cop Convicted in Fake Drug Case

DALLAS (AP) -- A jury on Thursday took less than an hour to convict a former police officer in the fake drugs scandal that has plagued the Dallas Police Department since 2001.

In the first conviction related to the scandal, the Dallas County jury found Mark De La Paz guilty of lying to a judge in a search warrant application. He faces punishment ranging from probation to 10 years in prison.

Special prosecutor Dan Hagood told jurors in closing arguments that De La Paz was a reckless officer who knew he was working with crooked informants, lied to supervisors and disobeyed orders, The Dallas Morning News reported Thursday on its Web site.

Hagood argued that De La Paz ignored orders from superiors to stop working with informant Enrique Alonso and exploited shoddy supervision within his department to continue his work.

Dozens of innocent people, mostly Mexican immigrants, were arrested and jailed by De La Paz in the 2001 scandal. Three informants who worked with him on the cases have admitted to a complicated scheme to fabricate fake drugs out of crushed billiards chalk and set up innocent people for arrest.

De La Paz was acquitted in November of federal civil rights charges. Thirteen indictments against him are still pending, according to the district attorney's office.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Ex-Dallas Cop Convicted in Fake Drug Case [Re: theocean06]
    #4012918 - 04/04/05 04:10 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

sickening.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Ex-Dallas Cop Convicted in Fake Drug Case [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #4014247 - 04/04/05 09:50 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

i really hope this pathetic excuse for a human goes to prison. "hey, aren't you that ex-cop i heard about on the news?" "yeah" "bend over big boy."

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Invisiblephalloidin

Re: Ex-Dallas Cop Convicted in Fake Drug Case [Re: SuperD]
    #4033932 - 04/09/05 12:36 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/4357602/detail.html

DALLAS -- Mark Delapaz, the former Dallas police narcotics detective at the center of the fake-drugs scandal, will spend the next five years in prison. The jury that convicted Delapaz last week on evidence tampering delivered the sentence Thursday after a two-hour deliberation.Delapaz and his wife earlier this week pleaded with jurors to set the punishment at probation because the former detective said he was duped by discredited undercover informants. His defense attorneys also pleaded for leniency based on Dalapaz's record before the fake-drug case became known.

The prosecution, however, hammered Delapaz during the sentencing phase of the trial, claiming Delapaz knew all along that the substance purported to be cocaine was, in fact, pool chalk. Special prosecutor Dan Haygood also said Delapaz lied on court documents that led to arrest warrants for dozens of innocent people.

The jury could have sentenced Delapaz to 10 years in prison or granted him probation. According to an NBC 5 report, the five-year sentence represented a compromise position.

Delapaz was taken directly to jail after the sentence was read. He was released on bond Thursday afternoon pending an appeal.

I'm sure he'll get a warm welcome in prison :humpme:

Offlinejamsandwich
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Ex-Dallas Cop Convicted in Fake Drug Case [Re: phalloidin]
    #4036586 - 04/10/05 10:33 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

I hope that guy gets a new ass ripped by the hour. What a total bastard.

--------------------
8 years now! lol

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service