Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Im about to submit an $11,200 contract proposal! Oh MY GOD
    #3992288 - 03/30/05 08:09 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

well shit, if this goes through ill be straight.

This is a bid on 9 gas stations landscaping maintainence. its around $40 per location per week. and damn i think that i might have a chance at landing it! and if i get these 9 stations i am probably going to get 6 more with it, one of which is a giant ass truck stop :smile:

if this goes through i will have suceeded at starting my own business and can use the contract as collateral to get a loan for the equipment that i will need :smile: :smile: :smile:

this is so exciting.

does anyone have any expierence on this sort of work, landscaping? im in suburbia and teh gas stations are fairly large most with over 20 bushes that need to be trimmed quarterly and not too much grass to cut, but lots to edge. and thats all i do.

advise comments sugestions?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Im about to submit an $11,200 contract proposal! Oh MY GOD [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3992305 - 03/30/05 08:13 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

no advice here but congrats man! that sounds pretty sweet, i hope you get it

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: Im about to submit an $11,200 contract proposal! Oh MY GOD [Re: wrestler_az]
    #3992341 - 03/30/05 08:21 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

I am in the landscape/pest managment business as well. These sound like low maintainence yards, what types of shrubbery do you have to work with. Go organic is all I can say, baby the plants and grass as if they were your own. Create a healthy nutritious soil with ammendments such as manure, coco, perlite and other such additives. I am a big fan of mulching law clippings back into the lawn, its great for water retention and adding some nutrients.
Sounds like a pretty slick gig :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
    #3992421 - 03/30/05 08:43 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Yeah, congratulations. If this goes well, maybe you can hire people to do the work for you and spend your time seeking out new contracts.

Before you know it you'll be landscaping the planet!

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Im about to submit an $11,200 contract proposal! Oh MY GOD [Re: Frappy]
    #3992582 - 03/30/05 09:17 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

actually i dont have to plant or water anything, i just cut and trim

but yeah lets hope this goes through :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisiblefearfect
    #3992679 - 03/30/05 09:44 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

i work for a company that finds government bids from all over the country. tons of grounds maintenance/landscaping stuff. where are ya from?

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Im about to submit an $11,200 contract proposal! Oh MY GOD [Re: fearfect]
    #3995647 - 03/31/05 02:05 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

chicago

--------------------
PEACE

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
    #3995760 - 03/31/05 02:27 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I don't have any advice but I wish you the best-- it seems there are a lot of landscaping companies in this area (competition).

I hope you get this, maybe I'll see your work in person, eh? :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: Im about to submit an $11,200 contract proposal! Oh MY GOD [Re: mantis]
    #3995775 - 03/31/05 02:31 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

My only advise is the money is in fertilizing. You spend 40 bucks on a bag that will do 20 yards and you charge 40 bucks a yard to do it, and the people thank you, it doens't get much better than that.

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
Re: Im about to submit an $11,200 contract proposal! Oh MY GOD [Re: discoabe]
    #3996039 - 03/31/05 03:49 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

discoabe said:
My only advise is the money is in fertilizing. You spend 40 bucks on a bag that will do 20 yards and you charge 40 bucks a yard to do it, and the people thank you, it doens't get much better than that.

haha... fuckin landscapers!

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: Im about to submit an $11,200 contract proposal! Oh MY GOD [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #3996245 - 03/31/05 04:20 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

LOL yeah no shit, my best friend did that shit for a long time, he told me about all the ways they practically extort people, heh.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Im about to submit an $11,200 contract proposal! Oh MY GOD [Re: discoabe]
    #3998078 - 03/31/05 10:49 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

yeah i didnt include fertiising in the contract, i think that ill just get them for normal contract going, and then later once they are legally bound throw em another contract for ferting and another one to re-paint their curbs. it looks like someone drove a plow right up next to em?!

oh wait that was me :smile: and im not leaglly liable :smile: haha. its a visous cycle and im gettin paid :smile:

--------------------
PEACE

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
    #3999516 - 04/01/05 09:49 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Go for it man! And congratulations :smile:

--------------------
Life's a journey. Take the scenic route.

:sun: :heart: :heart: :sun:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Im about to submit an $11,200 contract proposal! Oh MY GOD [Re: agr8fulchick]
    #4001549 - 04/01/05 04:36 PM (19 years, 21 hours ago)

yeah the whole deal is looking pretty sweet. i was over at lawnsite.com and they were saying that my bid was pretty low, which means that i probably have the other guy by the balls :smile: and if that happens i get 6 more locations to add on the list and i can probably get this whole thing up to 20k. oh and im getting paid in CASH

--------------------
PEACE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies