Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Indoor Poppies
    #4001276 - 04/01/05 03:40 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I just wanted to make this post to address a common topic in this forum: Indoor Poppies

PLEASE stop addressing this topic like it's some great feat of unimaginable difficulty.

All you need is:

1. well drained soil (add sand and perlite to your soil and put your soil mix on top of a layer of gravel in your pots or bed)

2. Cool Temps (60's-70's)

3. Air flow and circulation

4. Lots of light. Fluros are best because they put off cool light

As far as light cycle 12/12 for vegetive growth, 20/4 for flowering growth. (the 20 light/4 dark is just my opinion, you can experiment to see what works best for you, I think the recommendation is 18/6 though, but once flowering you can leave on the light 24 hours if you want)

Ideally, make a small greenhouse out of PVC tubes and some plastic sheeting ( $15.00 worth of stuff at Lowes or Home Depot) But you don't NEED it, it'll just help to maintain your enviroment.

A few of you are waiting for my growlog on the Natasha strain. When I post it I'll post a tek of the greenhouse as well. It's really nothing too hard. It's a hell of a lot easier than growing weed indoors, that's for sure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Indoor Poppies [Re: Anonymous]
    #4001866 - 04/01/05 06:05 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

i tried they take so long!

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

OfflineTylor
Botanical Ninja
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4003366 - 04/02/05 12:20 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

20/4 is excesive, most plants stop photosynthesizing after 18 hours of light. Cacti and various succulants are the only vegitative plants that can use more then 18 hours of light.

Anonymous

Re: Indoor Poppies [Re: Tylor]
    #4003387 - 04/02/05 12:28 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Tylor said:
20/4 is excesive, most plants stop photosynthesizing after 18 hours of light. Cacti and various succulants are the only vegitative plants that can use more then 18 hours of light.

VVVVVVVV
Quote:

As far as light cycle 12/12 for vegetive growth, 20/4 for flowering growth. (the 20 light/4 dark is just my opinion, you can experiment to see what works best for you, I think the recommendation is 18/6 though, but once flowering you can leave on the light 24 hours if you want)

I personally found that the extra light helped at least me anyway. Thank you sir.

OfflineTylor
Botanical Ninja
 User Gallery

#4004578 - 04/02/05 11:03 AM (19 years, 15 hours ago)

Perhaps poppies are an exception

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
    #4005181 - 04/02/05 02:03 PM (19 years, 12 hours ago)

Quote:

Tylor said:

um.... coughMARIJUANAcough. my plants sure seemed to be growing all 24 hours of the day. when i was growing, that is.

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

OfflineTylor
Botanical Ninja
 User Gallery

Re: Indoor Poppies [Re: Hrethic]
    #4005681 - 04/02/05 04:39 PM (19 years, 9 hours ago)

A fact for you. Marijuana is one plant that stops photosynthesizing after 18 hours. Just because its growing after the 18 hours doesnt mean its absorbing light. More then 18 hours of light on a pot plant will do absolutely nothing. Other then waste electricity. Lots of plants grow when the lights are out.

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#4005825 - 04/02/05 05:30 PM (19 years, 8 hours ago)

fact for you ^

" marijuana plants- even cuttings - do well in continuous light. In fact, the plant grows proportionately faster than in shorter cycles - 25% faster in continuous light compared to the 18 hour light cycle. "

taken from Marijuana Flower Forcing

" In a controlled experiment, cannabis plant given a continuous light cycle using MH lamps grew about one third faster than plants receiving only 18 hours per 24 hour day."

taken from The Encyclopedia of Marijuana.

and it keeps going from there, almost all findings show that 24 is better than 18 for veg. of MJ.

and the only reason for 18 hour cycle is to save on power consumption, and to some times give a cool down period for the grow room.

but the benefits of 24 hour lighting 'outweighs' the cost, literally.

peace00

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#4005931 - 04/02/05 06:00 PM (19 years, 8 hours ago)

Poppies are easier to grow than marijuana no matter if it's indoors or out.

No one said it was impossible, they just don't do nearly as well as when they are planted outdoors. I have talked to three people (this was on another board) that their poppies just died at the 3 to 5 week mark. They were doing great, then just died. It's not that the set up is hard, it's that they just don't do very well indoors.

A 12/12 light cycle isn't for vegetative growth, that would be if you want your plants to flower. The 20/4 would be for vegetative growth (a lot of people just stick with 18/6 or 24/0), and 24/0 definitely isn't for flowering. If they flowered, and then you put them under 24/0, they would revert back to their vegetative state.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: Indoor Poppies [Re: theocean06]
    #4006754 - 04/02/05 09:41 PM (19 years, 4 hours ago)

Provided enough space and a fairly strict adherence to commonly found climactic parameters, poppies grow just fine indoors.

Link to threads of relevance would be a niceity.

ANd ya gotta remember that poppies like to be beat up a bit once they're out of the seedling stage.....don't pamper them by any means.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Indoor Poppies [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #4007436 - 04/03/05 12:32 AM (19 years, 1 hour ago)

dood I tried those poppies, like 100 popped up and decieded to die.... so heartbreaking. I felt like losing lots of hot bitches man :frown:

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4008733 - 04/03/05 02:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah and not only do they grow easier outdoors, your yield will be much better by being able to grow many more poppies which is a lot more practical. that is if you're doing it for the opium, otherwise indoors is alright anyhow i suppose.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#4008870 - 04/03/05 03:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I see no big reasonfor growing them indoors any ways, they take up to much space for what its wurth when you can have 500 in a small plot outside.

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Re: Indoor Poppies [Re: theocean06]
    #7976397 - 02/04/08 02:30 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

theocean06 said:
Poppies are easier to grow than marijuana no matter if it's indoors or out.

No one said it was impossible, they just don't do nearly as well as when they are planted outdoors. I have talked to three people (this was on another board) that their poppies just died at the 3 to 5 week mark. They were doing great, then just died. It's not that the set up is hard, it's that they just don't do very well indoors.

A 12/12 light cycle isn't for vegetative growth, that would be if you want your plants to flower. The 20/4 would be for vegetative growth (a lot of people just stick with 18/6 or 24/0), and 24/0 definitely isn't for flowering. If they flowered, and then you put them under 24/0, they would revert back to their vegetative state.

I think weed flowers when the day gets shorter.
While the poppy flowers when it gets longer.

Offlinecasgoodie
weedwright
Male User Gallery

Loc: terra
Re: Indoor Poppies [Re: Cubie]
    #7976423 - 02/04/08 02:46 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

IMO it's best to do it outdoors. tried it indoors and they died, will try again after reading this thread

--------------------
TRAPPED IN LINGUISTIC CONCEPTS

Offlineimanoob
Stranger
Re: Indoor Poppies [Re: casgoodie]
    #15155000 - 09/29/11 08:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Does sex matter or a poppy? Also can you a splice a plant

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: Indoor Poppies [Re: imanoob]
    #15158199 - 09/30/11 01:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

indoors is a waste of time with a very stunted yield. they like real, naural and powerful sunlight. anything else will comprimise their size, quality and yield. do yerself a favor AND plant outdoors.

quote...."Does sex matter or a poppy? Also can you a splice a plant"

no sex does not matter. "splice"??? u mean cross 2 different poppy strains? if so, then yes. before the petals fall off, there are stamens with pollen. collect this like u would for marijuana. take a paint brush ore whatever, and spread it on the fresh immature crown head of the newly opened poppy flower. the seed produced in the head will be a cross.

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

Offlinescarfaceshim
forester

Loc: moon
Re: Indoor Poppies [Re: Lipa Kreepa]
    #15180740 - 10/05/11 10:40 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i dint even know this was possible i tried growing wild dagga inside and it was a drag:tongue:

--------------------
"survival is the doorway to the earth, awareness is the doorway to the spirit"-Tom Brown

file:///Users/Jewbius/Documents/don_34f24b_2916456.jpg

OfflineButhoscorpio
Re: Indoor Poppies [Re: scarfaceshim]
    #15184774 - 10/06/11 02:31 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It is a good method to germinate them indoor and the place them outdoor.
The plants will become really strong.
Indoor plants grow really poor compared to outdoor plants.

Invisiblebboyphrog1
Best Coast~ WEST COAST!!!

Loc: Here and There...which is...
Re: Indoor Poppies [Re: Lipa Kreepa]
    #21598345 - 04/26/15 08:54 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Lipa Kreepa said:
indoors is a waste of time with a very stunted yield. they like real, naural and powerful sunlight. anything else will comprimise their size, quality and yield. do yerself a favor AND plant outdoors.

quote...."Does sex matter or a poppy? Also can you a splice a plant"

no sex does not matter. "splice"??? u mean cross 2 different poppy strains? if so, then yes. before the petals fall off, there are stamens with pollen. collect this like u would for marijuana. take a paint brush ore whatever, and spread it on the fresh immature crown head of the newly opened poppy flower. the seed produced in the head will be a cross.

He said splice not cross!! splicing is grafting two different things together, exp. their is a tree in new york at one of the colleges a professor grafted a bunch of different fruit onto 1 tree and now its called the tree of 50 fruit or something like that. Since marijuana and poppy are both weeds i wondered about grafting to end up with a plant that produced opium and thc/cbd. but the light patterns that determine growth stage are opposite so i moved on to other things since im not a botanist.

Indoor cultivation of poppy works just fine under correct parameters. Their is a book, written in 96(i think) called hydroponic heroin. find it. it has everything you need to know from setup to harvest including how to kitchen convert O to morph and morph to H.  Also when you try to move wild species of plants indoors or domesticated species outdoors it stresses them out and they are unhappy. so i dont think indoors stunts growth, yield or anything else. the problem is you need A LOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT of pods to collect a decent amount of opium. anyway find that book and it will answer your questions...

--------------------
Life`s not a bitch. Life is a beautiful woman, you only call her a bitch cuz she won`t let you get that pussy.
Maybe she didn`t feel y`all shared any similar interests, or maybe your just an asshole who couldn`t sweet talk a princess- Aesop Rock

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals