Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Air Stone, HEPA Filter, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFirewolf1327
Mycelial Ninja
My fruiting chamber
    #3999600 - 04/01/05 12:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Magandang Tangali! I just wanted to post some spec's about my FOAF's f/c and see what ya'll thought.
The tub itself is 30" x 24" x 12".
He have 3 inches of perlite dampened with h20/h202
His air exchange is provided by an Aqua culture 20-60 Gallon aquarium air pump running under the perlite to an 18" bubble curtain (aqua tek)
He has a sunbeam heating pad underneath, running at medium (about 83 degrees average.)
Added humidity is provided by the "tropical mist" manual pump misting system that runs about 1/8" below the surface of the perlite.

When the mister is activated, within two minutes the RH jumps from a normal 85% to 97%, and maintains it for roughly six hours. Everthing was purchased at Wal-mart, with the exception of the mister, which was purchased at Petsmart. He can easily fit 2 6x12 casings along with six cakes within the same system.

so: RH:97% Temp: 83 Fahrenheit. What do you think? (photos unavailable at this time.)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My fruiting chamber [Re: Firewolf1327]
    #3999645 - 04/01/05 12:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Think it's a little warm. 83 degrees is quite warm for fruiting. You should try getting it down between 70-76. Good Luck.
Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Offlinecyberthreat
Stranger

Re: My fruiting chamber [Re: HippieChick]
    #3999663 - 04/01/05 12:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

to warm my friend

Offlinejamsandwich
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: My fruiting chamber [Re: cyberthreat]
    #3999737 - 04/01/05 12:40 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

ouch hot! Turn it down on low, and it seems like someone is going to have some prizes pretty soon.

--------------------
8 years now! lol

OfflineShroom_man
Stranger
Loc: Canada, New Brunswick
Re: My fruiting chamber [Re: HippieChick]
    #3999776 - 04/01/05 12:52 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm really interested in that "Tropical Mist" system, you say that they can be gotten at pet stores? What was the apx. price?
Right now I have a "rubbermaid" container using apx 1.5' of perlite, with an adjustable air pump (that has a built in filter!!), and there is 2 air stones under the perlite on both sides of the tank. I have been manual fanning and misting, but I want to create a fully automated system. I was thinking that I could install an exaust fan that is hooked up to a 24h on/off timmer, and have it turn on and off apx. 5x-10x's a day and suck the CO2 out, on the oppisite side there will be a hepa filter. Then I want to hook up one of those "tropical mist" systems, (first time I've ever heard of them), to another 24h on/off timmer and have it come on and spray some mist in the fruiting chamber, after each time the exaust fan is turned on.
My idea behind this is, To use the perlite to create the humidity needed for fruiting. Have the exaust fan turn on and off throughout the day, When the exaust fan is running sucking the CO2 out it should suck in good fresh o2 through the hepa filter on the oppsite side of the tank. My only problem is, I figured that everytime the fan turned on, to exaust the CO2 and replenish the O2 supply, the RH would drop quite a bit, and then it would take quite some time for the Perlite to bring the RH back up, and by that time the exaust fan would probley be turning on again. Now I hear of this "Tropical Mist" system (probley ment for Igiuanas and other rain forest reptiles), and it got me thinking... If I had the Tropical Mist system turn on and spray a nice warm mist, for a few seconds, after each time the exaust fan comes on. This should quickly replinish the RH back to 92+. Just think how big your mushrooms would grow with a fully automated system that keeps everything at the correct range all of the time!!! I could actually go to work and not worrie about how the Co2 is going to get removed and 02 replaced.

Good post, thanks for the idea about the "tropical mist" system.

--------------------
I have now aquired 5 differen't P. Cubensis varities.

--Cambodean-- (vendor checked out and is well knowen by many here and at other fourms)

--Mexi-Cub-- (Again Vendor is well knowen)
--Thiland Pink Bufflo-- (vendor is well knowen)
--Hawiian Strain
--Origional PF-tech strain

OfflineFirewolf1327
Mycelial Ninja
Re: My fruiting chamber [Re: Shroom_man]
    #3999881 - 04/01/05 01:19 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

OOPS! I forgot to mention the only reason the chamber is so warm right now is that I'm still colonizing my WBS and PF cakes... It'll be another week before I attempt to fruit them. I was just giving the preliminary specs. I do appreciate the info on the proper fruiting temps!
Shroom man- your proposed system seems outstanding, the only problem is that the mister is manual. However, (and this is a big step in itself) it would be possible to actuate the mister via a servo motor on a timer.......Geez, that would be a lot of work. A humidifier on the same timing system you propose would have the same effect, I would think. I went with the manual mister because it was 10 dollars, and just ran the accompanying tube into the perlite so I wasn't soaking the substrate when it's time to fruit...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Air Stone, HEPA Filter, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation