Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Moment of Silence
    #3999318 - 04/01/05 09:02 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Frank Purdue, Of Purdue Chicken, had died at age 84. 

It's times like this that the dire need for a chicken smiley becomes readily apparent.  :mad: 

Let's all bow our heads for the man who brought us tender breats and thighs for many many years. 

Chicken Man.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Moment of Silence [Re: Liz]
    #3999323 - 04/01/05 09:04 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Somewhere, roosters are crowing, not caring what damn time it is.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Moment of Silence [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3999330 - 04/01/05 09:06 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Somewhere, roosters are crowing, not caring what damn time it is.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #3999331 - 04/01/05 09:06 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I'm not believing anything for the rest of the day :lol:

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Moment of Silence [Re: Boom]
    #3999335 - 04/01/05 09:07 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

No I'm serious, he's dead.

I wasn't serious about caring, but he is, however, dead.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
    #3999350 - 04/01/05 09:11 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Why celebrate someone getting filthy rich from the Chicken-Auschwitz industry? Sounds like an asshole to me.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #3999352 - 04/01/05 09:12 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Re: Moment of Silence [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #3999353 - 04/01/05 09:12 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Chicken, although very dirty, is a healthy and delicious flesh.

Male

#3999354 - 04/01/05 09:12 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

He really is dead, I just read his obituary on NYTimes.com.  Obituaries are great reading. :thumbup:

Young_but_cool: I don't think we're celebrating him getting rich, he was just a familiar face on the ol' boob tube.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
    #3999360 - 04/01/05 09:14 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I misunderstand everything today  :frown:

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
    #3999364 - 04/01/05 09:15 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Today, while I'm listening to the sweet sizzle of chicken flesh hissing and popping over a charchoal grill, a single tear may roll down my cheek.

Godspeed, Frank Purdue, godspeed

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Moment of Silence [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #3999369 - 04/01/05 09:15 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

heh.../me pats him on the head.  It's ok dear. 

I dont know why, I just found it humorour that theres this HUGE article abot the pope being almost dead, with all these features in it, andthen under it "frank perdue has died" 

:lol:

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #3999373 - 04/01/05 09:16 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Booooom said:
I'm not believing anything for the rest of the day :lol:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3999376 - 04/01/05 09:17 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I plan on doing a commemorative chicken dance, the first chance I get.

RIP Frank Perdue, chicken conniseur, father, and most of all...friend.

/me weeps

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
    #3999379 - 04/01/05 09:17 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Back in the day, when I was a creative youngster, I had plans with my buddy at the time to create a spinoff of Mortal Combat called Mortal Omelett.  It involved chickens fighting to the death, and the final stage was supposed to involve fighting Frank Perdue to the death.

I'm dead serious.  Good thing I didn't put money into that project :lol:

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3999389 - 04/01/05 09:20 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

That sounds much like my ideo of "Schmuck Hunt" involving finding, and proceeding to shoot all lame people, instead of flying ducks.

I was a disturbed youngster.

Edit: I am still disturbed.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

Male

#3999392 - 04/01/05 09:20 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

:rotfl:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Edited by OneMoreRobot3021 (04/01/05 09:27 AM)

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
    #3999400 - 04/01/05 09:21 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Yeah hehe I think my 5th grade teacher thought I was "special" at the time :shrug:

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #3999636 - 04/01/05 10:19 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Frank Perdue was a Chicken Hitler.

"Very few animals go through the stresses of turkey poults in their first three hours of life. They are squeezed, thrown down a slide onto a treadmill, someone picks them up and pulls the snood off their heads, clips three toes off each foot, debeaks them, puts them on another conveyer belt that delivers them to another carousel where they get a power injection, usually of an antibiotic, that whacks them in the back of their necks. Essentially they have been through major surgery [without anesthetic-UPC Ed. Note] They have been traumatized. They don't look very good" (Donaldson, et al., 27).

Modern poultry-chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, guinea fowl, pheasants, quails, and pigeons -are confined by the hundreds and thousands in densely packed houses permeated with accumulated droppings, feed ingredients, and excretory ammonia fumes which damage the birds' immune systems and respiratory tracts and can cause them to go painfully blind as a result of ammonia burn. Ducks are denied the water they need to rinse their eyes in. Stress and disease are inevitable under these conditions. In 1991, The Atlanta-Journal Constitution noted that every week, "millions of chickens leaking yellow pus, stained by green feces, contaminated by harmful bacteria, or marred by lung and heart infections, cancerous tumors or skin conditions are shipped for sale to consumers."

In the United States, chickens, turkeys, ducks and other "meat-type" birds are intentionally kept alive through the slaughter process in order to keep their hearts beating. The birds are manually pulled from the crates on the flatbed trucks and hung upside down in the live-hang area of the slaughterhouse. Their heads are dragged through an electrified water bath trough that is designed not to stun them but to keep them from violently flapping while hanging from the conveyer belts and to paralyze the muscles of their feather follicles in order to facilitate feather release. (see Karen Davis, Prisoned Chickens, Poisoned Eggs: An Inside Look at the Modern Poultry Industry, 1996, for a detailed discussion of poultry slaughter in chapter 5, "The Death").

After being dragged through the electrified water bath, the birds have their necks partially cut by a machine blade and/or a manual neck cutter. They then hang upside down for 90- seconds in a bleedout tunnel while still alive, with an unspecified number of birds reportedly asphyxiating in pools of floor blood if the conveyer belt dips too close to the bleedout floor. They are then dropped into tanks of scalding water. In Fiscal Year 1993, of 7,085,491,852 total poultry slaughtered in USDA facilities, 3,121,617 birds officially entered the scald tank alive (Freedom of Information Act #94-363, Poultry Slaughtered, Condemned, and Cadavers, 30 June 1994).

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Male

Re: Moment of Silence [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #3999643 - 04/01/05 10:21 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

:projectile:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order