Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Getting over my... fear?
    #3981733 - 03/28/05 08:00 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

So... I don't know if I can really classify this as a fear.

Singing. Or maybe just performing, I dunno.

What I mean is... I have all these songs that I've made. I always tell my friend (a really good friend) that I'll show him my songs and sing them. But, when he comes over for a bowl or two and I bring out the guitar... it's hard enough to play smoothly and such (like when I play the guitar alone in my room) infront of him. I get so... nervous? Uncomfortable... I don't know why. I keep telling myself that I will sing infront of him, but when it comes time I don't/can't. It's fucked... and this is a friend I know wouldn't shoot me down or anything.

I live with roommates, and I won't sing above a whisper unless I know I'm home alone.

I mean, my life's passion is music and that's all I want to do. But I'm not going to get far unless I get over this hump. I would never have imagined it was this hard. But it is...

Maybe it's something I have to focus on directly. No escapes like putting the guitar down and watching TV. I have to force myself... but fuck how many times have I told myself this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTacobot
oppo
Loc: GA
Re: Getting over my... fear? [Re: adamj]
    #3981781 - 03/28/05 08:08 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Jim Morrison was really shy in the beginning and was reluctant to sing for his friends...

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Getting over my... fear? [Re: Tacobot]
    #3981911 - 03/28/05 08:37 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

I'm way on this could be, but..

If ones greatest passion is to play the guitar, the greatest disappointment's one could get, would being told one can not sing, play the guitar and such..

so consciously/subconsciously?

one could be so afraid of not being good enough, that one represent, not being good enough, even being good enough, and then some :smile:

take no critique personal, as you give from your self, you 'only' paint a picture of what you feel, whether its colors or using the guitar, and voice...

anyways. this lost as always to me seems. so trust in the thee of thy moment. be not afraid of the other selves. we are always where we are!
so in at most ease, one could not do it, before one do it! so.. do it!  .com..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3981955 - 03/28/05 08:50 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Sounds like classic "stage fright". I'm sure there are many artists who had this same problem (including the aforementioned Jim Morrison). I would think the best way to get over it would be to play in front of people as often as you can. It may be hard at first, but once you get used to it, it'll be easier....

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3982297 - 03/28/05 09:43 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Listen to your conscience.

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

Re: Getting over my... fear? [Re: World Spirit]
    #3983198 - 03/28/05 11:53 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

I've done some musical theatre, and yes singing is the worst you could ask me to do for a crowd. Just spend more and more time around people who you arent afraid of embarrassing yourself in front of. Practice that.. and you'll be alright for other people.

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Getting over my... fear? [Re: Gomp]
    #3993931 - 03/31/05 07:08 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

toilet duk and gump look like twins :laugh:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #3994073 - 03/31/05 08:06 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

just give yourself time, and practice a lot. You learn your instrument well enough and eventually you will be able to sing and play in your sleep, people or no people.

Offlinewoleb
below
Loc: South Australia
Re: Getting over my... fear? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3998822 - 04/01/05 04:24 AM (19 years, 20 days ago)

I am in EXACTLY the same position. Exactly! You're probably a decent singer and guitarist right, and you know you are but just get all fucked up around other people? I totally suggest recording yourself, maybe when no one's home on a tape recorder. If you there's always someone home go into your car and do it or something :laugh: Confidence = k3y. If you can listen to yourself sing and play when you're all calm like then it's easier to think "hey, I'm not that bad" and confidence increases. I always think people are gonna laugh at me so my singing suffers, but if I didn't think like that I'd sing alright and they wouldn't laugh. It's a bit of a circle.

But try recording yourself and playing it back, I super mega best value 100% guarantee it works!

--------------------
You'll thank me when you share my politics!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom