Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

California to Oregon
    #3998611 - 04/01/05 04:35 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Soon very soon we will be moving to Oregon, hopefully along the way I will find some awesome mushrooms. The season is hardly dead here but is dying. Modesto, Fresno, and other Central areas were showered with hmmmm about as much as rain we had had gotten in years. It poured and thundered and the clouds that just left us were very dark (lucky Florida my husband says laughing) above us. Whomever said central California is too dry for too long is mistaken it's been almost clearly 4-6 months of heavy/moderate rain. It's been as cold as ice here around 30 degrees. This gave us all the luck for actives yet my husband did not get interested until a friend reported to him how fun it is to identify these little fungi. After a short while he started reading about them. We all knew about the potent mushrooms called "shrooms" but didn't think we had any and don't think we have a chance now due to our lack of interest at the "right" time. Though were moving to Oregon where the weather is unknown to us as of now and it's late for me to look.... don't ask. Were going straight north through North California, to Oregon. our destinations in Oregon are in the South West,South West *Coast*, West Coast regions *Central Coasts*, and almost completely in central Oregon. What is our probability if we left 2-4 weeks from now to look for some apartments? Were talking North California too. *Dianna*

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: California to Oregon [Re: Muppet69_420]
    #3999008 - 04/01/05 09:16 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

apartments? :smirk:

I hope you're not trying to ask what mushrooms are growing there now or if the current weather is good for shrooms, as that would be a violation of the forum rules, and will lead to your post being locked.

in any case, not much grows in the spring/summer, you'll have better luck doing some research in the meantime and hunting in the fall.  central OR is probably pretty barren of actives, the coast and west of the cascades is where you'll find them.  but given this post and the time of year, I'd give you a current probability of about 0.0001 :tongue:.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification